Thursday 24th January 2019 - Yeah man, play that New York drum, Homer

Morning.

Lyrics - Yeah man, play that New York drum, Homer

Another cold, icy morning here but it is forecast to warm up tomorrow - then be windy by the weekend..............is it nearly summer?

What:           short and easy
Why:            time constrained
Last hard:    MDM with MiL will probably be
Last rest:     14/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Never Enough - Del Amitri.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

A close run thing on the lyrics but this was first...and I was nearly third!

What: reasonable length run, I hope

Why: not working today so should get out in daylight. At a practical course on injury prevention for runners this evening. I think I need it!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

We have no ice-YAY

What: 6.20 miles
    Why: Because I can and back at my favorite time to run.
    last hard: Flexibility so I can continue to run
    Lyrics: Nope

I did run gingerly  at first as dark but soon got my confidence in the terrain and great to be back at my regular time:-) so 30 day shred day 5 will be after my cuppa:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All, 
    Not sure how many times I've done London - 8 or 9 probably with the first one was 25 years ago this year (1994 3.56)
    I love it when I'm in it, not bothered if I'm not. I'd still say that if you only ever do one marathon, do London. 
    I suppose being able to commute it, then it's less hassle. Always watch it though and in recent years have the tracker running on the laptop to keep tabs on club mates, pals and you lot.

What - coaching the road group rather than teh kids. 4x1mile so will jog round easy
    Why - Thursday is easy day
    Last rest - Monday
    Last Hard - Tuesday's LTP. 
    Lyric - I think I should...
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Funny Dustin, I always find something to do when London is on no matter who is running. I like to read about it later :¬)

What: Russian steps on the TT bike d&d -- MTB ride PM

Why: bike day Thursday

Last hard: this morning

Last rest: 31st October 

Lyrics: No

First A race of the year is on Sunday

I'm overweight and undertrained which is what I expect to race in January, too early in the year for me to be peaking so this will not be a comfortable day out.

• espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    Snow, ice and -12C. Why not run to and from work?

What: Commute - 7k in the AM followed by 4k in the PM.
    Why: Miles. Commute. Work. 
    Last hard: 1k intervals on sunday.
    Last rest: Yesterday.
    Lyrics: Nope!
  • What: wait and see
    Sheet ice everywhere
    Lyrics no
  • Afternoon!

Yes, not really the time of year to be racing, Gobieven more variables at play than usual. 

Hope the ice goes quickly, OH; nothing here. About 4 degrees, no wind but slightly foggy. So no excuses for a sub-par run.

What: sub-par run

Why: no excuses. Felt quite bouncy...briefly. Then a bit of a plod. Back ached; Achilles niggled. Nothing quite right but nothing quite wrong either! 

And doubt I will do London. Or any other marathon for that matter!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ale - just go hard and go home :-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hopefully in the spring or summer we go hard and go home that little bit sooner, Gobi.  :)
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    That's the plan
  • Same plan here, but rather behind where I would like to be; but on the other hand I'm running, which was not the case this time last year, or even six months ago. And corners cannot be cut!
  • I am feeling quite behind too :(
    This lurgy will throw me back quite a bit. To channel Gobi I would say I'm underweight and undertrained at the mo :smiley:

Hope you don't get injured doing that dvd again, poppy. Be careful.

Very cold, espen although I would think -12 to be quite normal for Norway?

Fever is gone but resting HR and peak flow are still compromised. I will go back to work tomorrow though.

What: 3 easy yoga sessions
    Why: that's all my body can handle at the mo
    Last hard: downward-facing dog with blocked sinuses
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no but I would have known emzap's
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Beaten by 1 min!

What: hopefully some core. Maybe a short walk.oh is trying to get me to to pub quiz which would be 2km walking...maybe a bit ambitious
    Why: didn't do core yesterday foot started to ache a lot. Needed to restrap it so not sure how limited movement will be
    Last hard: walking at the mo!

Rfj the end is in sight 

Have a lovely day all
  • I shall delay posting in the morning.

It was icy here but I'm not sure that was the reason for my below par run either. Still, miles in the bank.

What is Sunday's race Gobi?

Hope your foot has eased emzap.

Glad you're feeling a bit better chicksta, hope recovery continues.

Running is the main thing Alehouse, and maintaining the ability to do so, the rest will come.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Swim and 6.4 miles done. 
    No sign of ice thawing
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Amen Ale !!!

LMH- itu sprint duathlon qualifier for 2020
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Pub quiz abandoned , foot still won't get into shoe.

Minimal core done and some leg exercises too.