Friday 25th January 2019 - And I was lost for words

Morning.

Lyrics - And I was lost for words

That seems early Gobi. Do you think many of the others will have targeted it? I guess you're using it as a faster effort/see where you are and aiming to qualify at a later season race? Hope you exceed expectations.

Sorry your foot prevented you going out emzap - can you not wear something unlaced?

The in law situation is going to be taking a lot more of my time for a lot longer than I was anticipating I think. I'm already beginning to worry that my London campaign is going to be compromised or at least my usual tried and trusted high volume, low risk mileage approach but I'm quite convinced that if I try to substitute some volume with quality I'll break - not to mention not enjoy it as much. There are more important things in life I know but the easy miles are also my stress management and I definitely need that and that's without full on work being added into the mix which it will be next week.

What:            easy miles/gym
Why:             sanity/fitting it in
Last hard:     seeing FiL/supporting MiL yesterday
Last rest:      14/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Just Another Day - Lady Gaga.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Morning!

Thanks for the lyrics, again, LMH...not that I know them.

What: short and easy run, possible fitness suite

Why: not rushing things

Don't think Wabo will be very happy football-wise this morning!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lmh it's the bending to get foot into shoe which is the problem.  Feeling a bit better today so will try a short walk at lunch to see how it's getting on.  Really sorry to hear you're still under so much stress.

What: attempt a short walk
    Why: it's been 2 weeks
    Last hard: not leaving the house since Monday
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good day all

• Is your OH no home emzap? Or am I misinterpreting the bit that needs to be bending?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh he's not in the day and I can't bend my foot into the shoe (I can bend to reach feet :) ) I could wear flip flops bit it's a tad chilly for that :)
  • Ah - got you. Nothing along the Birkenstock line that you could wear with thick socks?
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH- I hope to qualify this weekend while overweight and undertrained. I get the feeling most people will be a bit like me as it is January.

What: easy bike d&d easy run later
    Why: 2 day taper
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: No

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Gobi - good luck Sunday
    Ale/Wabo - didn't realise away goals don't count in the LC semis. We'll not talk cricket...
    What - easy run
    Why - South Of England XC tomorrow
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    Lyric - dont think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Alehouse, I am ok tbh.  Had such a day of worry about my dil yesterday having an op then watched the game and thought, oh well Man City!! DIL is ok thank goodness
    Dustin enjoy tomorrow
    Gobi hope the weekend goes well
    emzap hope you can get out

what: easy 3 later
    why: easy week, de-stressing run 
    last hard: yesterday all day
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • LMH: Tme is the enemy, I know what you mean by the easy miles, I like them too as they are more 'recreational' for me, it is 'detox', just getting out and about, training because I want to not because I have to.
    Gobi: Good luck with qualifiers, you certainly put the effort in
    Emz: You must be getting so frustrated, it will heal
    Dustin: Hope you have a blast tomorrow
    Ale: Hope you have a good run today injury free

Sorry busy few days lately, squeezed a 7 and a bit in yesterday. Jeremy Vine has started and I haven't gone for lunchtime run, better get a crack on.

What: 7 to 8 miler
    Why: Too much sitting
    Lyrics: Well I'm afraid it is a no from me
  • Afternoon!

Hope d-I-law is ok, Wabo. Was disappointed with Spurs: can't understand the team that they put out. And a de-stressing run sounds good!

Don't rush things Emz!

Short run d&d in showery weather. Trying not to quite hit 40k for the week!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Had a couple of ridiculous days at work so only now reading back with a giggle at yesterday's rival posts.

Some interesting points of view regarding London. I might have another go at the ballot some time, the odds of getting in are very low.  I've done city maras (Frankfurt, Zürich and Berlin), a low key partly off road one and two mountain ones in Switzerland and all have had their advantages and disadvantages.

Good luck for your race on Sunday Gobi.  What are Russian steps?

Good luck also for Dustin for XC.

Shame about the pub quiz yesterday emzap.  +1 to birkenstocks and thick socks (currently being worn on my own feet).

Glad your DIL is ok Wabo.

Hope you are continuing to get better chicksta.

LMH sorry don't have any useful advice regarding the inlaw situation.  Sounds like you really need to find some "you" time as well as time for everyone else.

Lyrics: no

What: Still got work to do today / this evening so if anything a short trot out in a bit
    Why:  Need to cool my work frazzled brain
    Last hard:  Coping with overlooking things at work - I hate making mistakes
    Last rest:  21/1
  • A late one from me time poor today

What: 6.82 miles
    Why: Because I can/stop at village for milk
    Last hard: Sleeping
    Lyrics Nope

I look forward to increasing the miles if the weather is kind to me.Jillian Day 6 completed eager to move on to level 2;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • So sorry to hear things are still stressful, LMH. Make the most of the limited time you have available. Would it be possible to nip out for a second run later in the day post hospital stuff/work?

Or if this family stuff takes too much out of you try to scale your expectations for London down a few notches and treat it as a fun day out catching up with old friends. I know you want to give it your best shot but if the circumstances aren't right there's only so much you can do about it.

Sounds stressful, Hazel.

Wabo: Glad to hear your DiL is ok.

What: yoga (single leg balancing poses) and strength work done this morning
    Why: can't run - sinuses hurt just from walking and I'm coughing up nasty stuff
    Last hard: lurgy
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: no

• I hope you can make it happen Gobi.

Sorry to hear that your DiL was ill Wabo.

Hazel - the running is my me time. Not good that work is disrupting your weekend.

Sorry to hear that you're still suffering chicksta. Funnily enough when I was running this morning I thought that I do at least have a second chance with an autumn marathon this year - trouble is we never know what's going to happen to disrupt those plans........I'll just make the best job of it I can.

I think you can probably afford to stretch the 10% rule a little Alehouse - you're good at listening to your body.

I'd hate to have a schedule and dread the sessions or feel guilty if I couldn't fit them in/disappointed if I can't hit prescribed paces Benjy. Hope you had a good lunchtime run.

Another one having trouble sleeping Poppy? Sorry to hear it. I had a rough night again last not but that wasn't a great surprise.

Hope you enjoy the xc Dustin.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    all the best for Sunday Gobi

Hazelnut, stressy world, i get even worse if i cannot exercise..

Wabo, gald DIL is ok

working from home today, so went out for just over 10k at lunch

Take care
  • Thanks, I too often make my own stress by wanting to do everything right straight off and I hate getting it wrong. 

Did make it out for a run at sunset (apricot fading to a muddy sort of violet and grey).  Abandoned any thoughts of the tempo run I had hoped to do and trotted to the local farm shop to get some bread at whatever pace I felt like.  Felt much better afterwards.