Saturday 26th January 2019 What's the sense in sharing

Morning!

Lyrics: What's the sense in sharing this one and only life

What: parkrun plus warm up and down

Why: run in company. Will be slow.

LMH: yes, I'm sure I could break the ten percent rule, but am being ultra careful. Would be great to just be able to run free with no limits but too risky injury wise.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Fingers crossed your sensibility pays off, ale. You're due some good luck.

Those are the best runs, Hazel. I often do bread and light grocery shopping as recovery run sans Garmin.

LMH: That's the spirit. You have enough worry in your life right now. Let running be your "me time" to chill and recharge your batteries not another stress factor.

What: yoga and glute strengthening stuff
    Why: ill
    Last hard: getting over the lurgy
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Not Enough Time by INXS.

Are you feeling any better chicksta?

Hope you enjoyed the social run Alehouse.

Short of time today as off to visit the friend's we had to cancel on when it all went wrong with FiL so it was just a short run for me this morning which was probably no bad thing as I had a rough night and felt awful when I got up - cough, sore throat, headache. Feel better for the run but I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be an unwanted rest day as we travel home and take MiL to hospital to visit before going to hers for dinner which combined with the forecast cold and 45mph winds and my general malaise is going to make getting even a few miles in difficult.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    keeping the stress in check
    Last rest:     14/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Yes, was a pleasant enough run this morning, LMH! 2k warm up (and later, warm down...parked 2k away so not a lot of choice!) and then 5k in company...with different company every few metres gien that I ran progressively, ranging from 5:22 for the first to 4:30 for the last k. Total 24:25, which is fine for the effort (or lack of!). 

Hope you have a good visit to friends, LMH and that both you and Chick throw off any ill-health.

Off to a "naming ceremony" this pm. Not sure how different it will be to a christening, having never been to one before. Anyway a good excuse for a few beers and a little w(h)ine with friends.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • parkrun followed by swim
    just wet
    why: its Saturday
    last hard yesterday's yoga (different yoga instructor)
    lyrics no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

ended up pacing 25 mins at parkrun (asked 2 mins before start)... 25 dead on the watch but paid the parkrun tax so 25:01.... 1.25m there and back too...

Was a tad wet out there

Take care
  • A lurgy on top is something you could really do without LMH.  Would probably go for the (run) rest day option tomorrow then maybe it won't fully develop.  Get well soon.

Hope you are feeling better very soon chicksta.

Nice progressive parkrun Alehouse.  Curious to know what the naming ceremony is about.  Hope it was a nice meet up with your friends.

Is the swimming always outdoor OH?

Good pacing at parkun RFJ.

What: practicing progressive runs (10k) - happy with the results starting off at 5:16/km and finishing with 4:25/km.  Just a bit of marginal progression in the last 3km though.  + WU/CD for 17.6km
    Why: no trial race available as suggested for P&L this week
    Last hard:  trying to find something good about my job (other that it pays a few bills)
    Last rest:  20/01

Lyrics: yet another no...
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Nice pacing Hazel
    RFJ - good pacing there!
    Ale - hope the day went well

What - SEAA XC at Parliament Hill. Long old day as I'm Team Manager so was on a train at 8am. Decent turnout from our club - well better than previous years.
    Our race was 2:50 and I never tire of being part of that long run up from the start. 3 long laps of approx. 5km each - Southerns longer than the Nationals.
    Never really had enough go in the legs but surprisingly held something back for a decent last 5k. Not setting the world alight but happy enough. 
    Why - Big Championship race
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - let me think...