Sunday 27th January 2019 DJ, gonna burn this god damn house right down

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: DJ, gonna burn this god damn house right down

What: short run

Why: collect car from daughter's house, a couple of miles away. Will probably add a fitness suite session, also.

Naming ceremony was very similar to a Christening but without the Christian element. No Godparents but "Guide" parents who read what they promised to do for the young lady concerned. No minister of the cloth but a "celebrant". Held in a community centre rather than a religious building. Lots of young children and the dance floor area had lots of toys for them to play with. All remarkably well-behaved including during the "service". 

Hope you have a good day, Gobi!

One week to go, RFJ?

edit: yesterday's lyrics were, "Young Hearts Run Free," Candi Staton.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning again!

Quiet!

Breezy run to collect the car but fine and dry as well. 40.89k for the week (25.4 miles), so the highest since early June 2017. Will either consolidate or have an easier week next week: playing it safe. Fitness suite later after supermarket shop.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Nice mileage Ale and great to see you  building up.

What: 4.50 miles
    Why: 45 mph winds went through early/because I can
    Last hard: Wind
    Last  rest day: 8/1
    Lyrics Nope

I slept  in due  to winds so as they started to ease I took my chance still around 26 mph so kept it short.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Just home. Bright and dry here but very blowy. I had another rough night and just can't motivate myself out for the short run I have time for before we take MiL hospital visiting. I don't think I'm actually ill but I am tired and achey and unenthusiastic as well as aware that this week is going to be a wearing one with work picking up, my jab due on Thursday and all the in law stuff.

What:           nothing
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    realising that I just don't want to run today
    Last rest:     14/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hugs, LMH. Maybe things brighten up after your jab on Thursday.

Well done, Dustin.

Excellent progression run, Hazel.

Good weekly mileage, ale. I managed an impressive grand total of 4 🤦

I still don't feel like running so another day of yoga and stretching. Who knows, this enforced break may cure my niggly hamstring.
    Trying to stay positive.
  • Thanks for the infos on the naming ceremony Alehouse. Well done on the mileage and your patience to build up slowly.

Windy here too WP.

What: same as LMH and Chicksta - nothing
    Why: No niggles and not really CNBA, just a conscious decision that a day off will do me good to start next week fresh.
    Last hard: ysterday's progression run
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: vaguely familiar.
  • Just a swim (yes HazelCH, almost always outside)
    Wet and windy (boats cancelled)
    Probably stay indoors for rest of day now.
    Lyrics: no (phone now automatically suggests "no" as I finish typing "lyrics"  :D  )

• It's can't keep the washing on the line windy here - I expect OH would consider it a light breeze  :)

Sorry to hear you've still not shaken the lurgy chicksta. As you say hopefully your hamstring will appreciate the rest.

I hope you've been able to switch off from work today Hazel?

Wonder how Gobi's race went.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Great running at the Southerns Dustin, miss it, but hopefully next year (club is hoping to run the XC season if we get enough interest)

Good miles Ale, and yes only 6 more commutes to cardiff now...

What - steady 7m
    Why - building the miles (just past highest total since May last year (111m)
    Last Hard - A week
    Last Rest Thurs

Take care

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Alehouse football, now I'm getting miserable!!! 
    Know the lyrics
    Hope those resting enjoyed their day
    Hope injured people are getting there!! 
    Chicksta hope it eases up soon for you
    Lmh so much going on, I feel for you
    Good mileage alehouse!!! 
    Wp nice running
    This was a step back week for me, 20 miles but that's more than usual. January is looking good!!! 
    What a really tough hour off road hills mud youname it. 
    Why schedule says one hour
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can