Monday 28th January 2019 - I had no choice but to hear you

Morning.

Lyrics - I had no choice but to hear you

Another cold one here - not sure whether it's going to be slippery out or not. Still not sleeping well nor feeling 100% but RHR is up less than 10bpm so no excuse not to run easy conditions permitting.

What:            easy miles
Why:             sanity
Last hard:     managing stress/making the right decisions
Last rest:      27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I was going to try to be first lmh lol! 
    Maybe tomorrow
    Lyrics no
    What 40 mins easy soon 
    Why busy later
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Monday 😩
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh hope conditions are ok too. Slept rubbish last night as well. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    LmH - Hope the easy run today helps keep you sane. We all have those days/weeks when life/work conspire against us!
    Ale - sounds like the naming ceremony went well. 

What - easy lunchtime run
    Why - recovery. Legs still a bit jaded after Saturday, managed 13.5 trail miles yesterday albeit very slowly
    last rest - 7 days
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - dont think so
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Murder on the Dance Floor", Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Wabo: I feel your football pain...again! Was pleased for Andros Townsend though...and I bet you would normally have a soft spot for him! He typified the effort the Palace players put in; not sure the Spurs team had quite the same commitment. Nor the management. 

What: whatever M73 decides

Why: I join M73 for his run on a Monday. Ideally an hour or so, but feeling a little niggly: left knee, right calf, right hip, back aches, the bit between my ears etc. And it is freezing. Anyone would think it is winter.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning..

Forget to say well done to Dustin for the XC - sorry.  Can imagine the legs are a bit tired after the trail run on top.

Hope you can manage the hour Ale, maybe the niggles will settle down once you get moving?

Have a good start to the week everyone.

What:  bit grim outside - sleet and windy - but will do a longer run later
    Why: get some fresh air and legs feel good
    Last rest:  yesterday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse I love andros and have a massive soft spot for him.  My daughter was friends with his brother who sadly died in a car crash on the way to a football game. See him look to the sky after he scored. Yep love him lots.
    I have a bit of an achy knee, bashed into a box at work the other day grrr!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Morning again!

Yes, I remember you saying about Kurtis, Wabo.

Hope the weather improves for your run, Hazel.

Sounds like a good weekend's work Dustin.

Hope you got some easy miles in, LMH.

What: 69:15

Why: 70 minutes would have been pushing it. Mainly off road on a bright sunny winter's morning. Back ached and calf niggled but didn't stop the enjoyment.

So how did it go, Gobi?

And just wondering how OL is doing.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 11.3 in snow and ice trail run over local hill
    Why: friend wanting company
    Lyrics no
    Hope your niggles disappear AH
  • Nice frosty running, OH.

Haha, ale. Glad you were sensible and didn't do 70 mins ;)

That sounds really grim, Hazel.

I'd be careful with a resting HR up 10 beats, LMH. Especially if it's cold.

So I went out and managed a little run in the drizzle. Pace was obviously a joke but I am feeling loads better for having been out there. I hope the post-viral shitness is short lived. The only good thing about this illness is the weight loss. I'm the lightest I've been since I was 16 I think :)

What: 4 miles
    Why: first run in a week
    Last hard: lurgy
    Last rest: 23/1
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

what: ride d&d run and gym PM

why: life goes on

Last hard: yesterday, a solid run and into a bike ride that ended at 3 miles with a puncture, sucks as my legs were good - gutted as now I have to do another qualifier. To make it worse I looked at  the people around me and they were top 7. Worse than that, my bike split in 2017 on this course was faster than the winners yesterday.

Last rest : October 31st

Lyrics: No

• Oh dear Gobi! Couldn't cope with bike racing! When's the next qualifier?
  • Oh dear but I guess these things happen!But still hard pill to swallow

Anyone heard from SC??? he has been missing a good while:-(

What: 7 mile run
    Why: Because I can no better reason
    Last hard the cold -1C
    Last rest 8/1
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Sucks, Gobi :(
    That's why I'm not into anything that involves bikes. Too much technical shit that can go wrong.
    Is there another qualifier soon?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh Gobi, frustrating!!!
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Nightmare Gobi. I was always grateful to finish the bike leg as I knew that then it was all down to me.

Did you have a bad stomach too or just no appetite chicksta? Glad you were able to get out today. RHR only 8bpm up so ok to run easy.

Sounds like a tough run OH.

Hope conditions improved for your run Hazel.

That sounds like a lot of niggly bits Alehouse, hope they have all settled now.

Hope your knee is ok to run on Wabo.

Not surprised your legs are a little fatigued Dustin - sounds like a good weekend's training.

I thought you preferred winter running Poppy  :)

I had a lovely run, it was cold but bright and I just felt loads better for being out, this resting stuff just doesn't suit me.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Glad you had a good run, LMH: just what you needed! I think the niggles are there to remind me not to increase too soon!

Progress, Chick

And good miles banked there in the cold WP and OH!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    It happens :-)

There will be other days :-)
  • Sounds a lot more positive, LMH. No stomach bug, thank god. Just no appetite. The only thing I fancied were oranges. Very weird as I usually don't like them - too much faff. Satsumas are loads easier to peel but this time it just had to be oranges.

I'm back to normal eating now. Just had roast potatoes with a green salad and feta cheese.
  • Oh no Gobi. That is a shame with the puncture.

Good to see you back out Chicksta.  Yumm to the roast potatoes.

Good news you had a good run today to start the week LMH.

Nice outings by Ale, OH and WP.

8 river miles d&d this afternoon.  Bit breezier than I like and the mix of soft snow and slush meant wet feet but I didn't get cold so no big thing. 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear Gobi

4m on the treadmill

Feeling crap mentally as I close up on current job, few issues of undermining going on... gald only have kust over a week to go...

Take care
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

+ 5k Loop this evening (ice all gone)

bummer with the puncture Gobi