Wednesday 30 Jan 2019 - tonight's gonna be a good night

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Lyrics: tonight's gonna be a good night 

What: possibly a short walk
Why: testing foot
Last hard: the snap when I went down

Lmh it's still blue but I can walk on it now.

Have a good day all

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: think so!

What: unsure. But something for sure

Why: about three inches of snow. My concern is what is under it as when I got in from the fitness suite yesterday evening the pavements were very icy.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Benjy - sounds a pain but at least it's covered (the cost as well as the walls!!)
    RFJ - nice session, do like a 300s set

What - steady lunchtime, coaching village rabble tonight
    Why - mileage & routine
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - yesterday I guess. Got to the track and we had snow, not settling and 15 minutes later it was just cold, very cold. And wet. Just short of 9 miles in all with 10x100s 
    lyric - yes!

• Morning.

It's blimming cold out there but no snow and runnable with care I think. Just defrosting after Grace's walk before heading out.

Glad you can see progress emzap.

I think you should be ok with 3" on top of any ice Alehouse - should allow for a reasonable grip.

Unusual for you to get snow Dustin.

What:            hopefully at least a MLR
    Why:             white choc and raspberry cake this afternoon
    Last hard:     staying warm
    Last rest:      27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Blimming icy and cold here!

What: Wii sports coach, exercise bike and either treadmill or wait till mid day
    Why: Weather
    Last hard: ice
    Lyrics yes

We have this until Saturday oh well will give Achilles chance to settle I had to stop 30 day shred due to flare up.

Stay safe out there!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning again!

What: test run

Why: had to go to the post office for a neighbour. The main road through the village is sheet ice! Could barely stand up crossing it. Cars with spinning wheels etc. Glad I'm not attempting to drive to work today. 
    Running on the snow on the side streets wasn't too bad though, so will run off road later. Will be hard work though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes pretty sure
    RFJ, a happy supporter you must be!!!!
    Alehouse, the ice is what I am worrying about as I will run later, I did drive and it was ok
    dustin enjoy your run and the rabble
    LMH enjoy your run, and oh the cake!!! yum
    wP have a good day, take care

What: the run I should have done last night, 40 mins
    why: I did 30 + mins, 3 miles  went 11.31,10.53,9.54 really felt good!
    last hard: that was (for me I know it is slow)
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Nice running Matt

What: easy hour outside, cold and icy but fine at easy pace d&d bike gym run on 
    Why: getting fit
    Last hard: double progressive treadmill effort over 8 miles of it last night 
    Last rest: October 31st
    Lyrics: I think so
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Wabo- all pace is relative 
  • Wabo - what Gobi said.

Hope you manage t get a run in Alehouse and Poppy.

It didn't seem too bad when I walked Grace but when I ran conditions underfoot were the worst they've been for some time - and definitely this year, even the trails were deadly and taking to the fields didn't help much as they are frozen solid so all the tyre marks etc were trying to turn an ankle. Felt like more of a core workout than anything else! Pleased to make it home without having fallen over.
  • Afternoon!

Managed another half an hour. Off road. Slow and hard work. Wore trail shoes for the first time since Long Eaton in November 2016! (For LMH's info!)
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon and howdy

Sorry not been popping in feeling demoralised with my non running activity. And last year was officially my worse yet. And getting back has been hard. So new year and all than
    10th run this year and only goal apart from getting back running/racing is to improve month by month compared to last year

Also reminded on FB 10 years ago I got my 5km pb. So ....

What: 5km slow run walk
    Why: See how long it would take
    Last Hard: That seems such a long way
    Lyrics: I think so 
  • Consistent consistency please Pammie! And good to see you. And stick around! 
  • I can't believe it was that long ago Alehouse!

You have to want to do it Pammie and you're the only one that can make it happen but you know you'll get support here.
  • Afternoon,

Emzap: Hope you enjoy your walk.
    Dustin: Sounds like a good session yesterday.
    LMH: Enjoy the MLR.
    WP: Hope you had a good session on the Wii/exercise bikes.
    AH: Good running today.
    Gobi: Enjoy the easy run today.
    WaboNice running.  Hope the belated run went well.
    Pammie: Good job on the 5k.

What: Nothing, back in London and heading back to Manchester again tonight.
    Why: See above.

Got the 5 miles done on Tuesday.  Bit cold and bitter up north when I left this morning.

Lyrics: Think so.
    Yesterday's Lyrics: 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen.

Have a good day. image
  • NADA
    Snow now turned slushy, working through day, track session cancelled.
    Last hard Monday
    Today looks like a rest day
    Lyrics sound familiar but no.
  • Grr - posted on yesterday's thread by mistake earlier as I was reading back.

Well done Pammie, 10 runs this year is a good start, keep getting out there.

6 miles d&d with some strides.  Wind was no longer an issue by the time I went out but I was glad to postpone the intervals as it would have been difficult to find a suitable ice free stretch for speedwork.
  • ... And I didn't post at all yesterday!

Good to see you, Pammie and Ollie.

Poppy: sensible to bail out of a programme if it causes injury.

Great running, wabo :+1:

Sorry to hear most of you having to fight the elements. Not so bad here. Just white :) and cold ❄️

Busy time at work. But I managed 5 miles yesterday and 6 today. I'm about a minute per mile slower than before I got ill. Shocker!