Sunday 3rd February 2019-In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream

Morning,

Good to see Pammie and Alex ,although don't think we have met before either Alex?

Lyrics: In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream

What: Not sure but hopeful  of some running
Why: Weather conditions
Last hard: The ice and not been out since Tuesday
Last rest 2/2

Have a great day but be careful out there!
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Very difficult to run smoothly in these conditions Hazel. Glad you were able to get the miles in.

Hope you can get out Poppy.

I'm sure the Taekwondo will have kept you fit to an extent if not particularly cardio wise Alex. I'm doing ok - on a quest to get older and faster  :)

Cold here again this morning, no idea whether a run outside is going to be feasible but I live in hope though I'm crackered after another rough night. I'd like my bounce back but it's been one stress after another since we were on holiday in October - the kitchen saga, xmas and then FiL. I could use a break.

What:          hopefully some easy miles
    Why:           London/sanity
    Last hard:   sleeping
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Morning!

Chilly with a bright pink sky!

Lyrics: indeed

Yesterday's were Blood, Sweat and Tears (an appropriate group for on here!) with Spinning Wheel (came to mind after I saw lots of car wheels spinning!).

What: short and easy plus fitness suite

Why: tomorrow is usually long

Alex, if you are getting back to running I would keep everything short and slow...and get out consistently. 

Emz: at least the rugby was good! Hope the foot is ok this morning!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Poppy you were on here when I popped back in last time. So yes, but only fleetingly!  :D

LMH/Ale - TKD has helped with flexibility and some fitness a lot. It's not great for weight loss though. The plan is to ease back into running with 3 x gentle run a week. Only 5k a time and max HR of 140. It worked before when I started 70.3 training. Planning to get on bike more too.

So nothing today as am away and no kit with me. Should know the lyrics.

Go well all
  • That sounds like a good plan Alex.

I am finding it so hard with this cold Alehouse - feels like -6C here at the minute, just trying to warm up after Grace's walk and get myself out. Hope you enjoy your run.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ah that is why I was unsure I hope you stick around this time  :)

Well I went out and ran a whole half  a mile sadly too dangerous so home I came.I even walk to the cycle path to see conditions but it was 100 times worse due to shade from the woods.BUT tomorrow is a lot warmer and rain-yay a whole 10 degrees warmer than today :#
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hi Alex - not sure we met but I ride the bike a bit :¬)

What: Hour on the rollers d&d off to play on the MTB at Cannock chase
    Why: its the weekend
    Last hard: yesterdays 9 miler had some hard in it
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: I think so

Its -4 here so although no snow any water on the ground is ice so happy to stay off the road bikes. Rollers got the key part of the day done and can now just enjoy a social ride with the GF and her 3 year old
  • It's feels like -7C here at the minute according to the Met Office now and actually -4C.

That must be some fit three year old Gobi!

Sorry to hear that conditions are still so bad for you Poppy, I'm hoping to find somewhere to run that I can stay upright.
  • LMH: Really sorry to hear how you are getting it so rough these last few months. Getting out even if the miles are not what you are used because of this weather is a plus.
    Ale: I wouldn't have got those lyrics you mention there. Shame about the Park Run
    Emz: Glad you are back on your feet to some extent, that must be pleasing progress
    Gobi: It's the time of year for rollers!
    Alex: Hiya, TAGB? Myself and my daughter are TAGB up in Scarborough.
    Welsh: Well I saw the news, saw the outside broadcasts and thought I bet Welsh is cheesed off, you chaps have had it really bad by all accounts.

House finally finished and living in, didn't get any running in mid-week, which actually felt really strange. My mate is a carpet fitter, so he came round Thurs/Fri to do fitting, a lot of carpet, tip runs etc. Fire back on all looking tiptop, been living like a nomad for the whole of Jan.

Finally managed Friday night to get out for an 8 and a bit miler, then 7 and a bit yesterday afternoon. After all my pontification of running in shorts and t-shirts I have had to wear a trackie top.

Snow has missed us, just chilly winds and occasional hail or sleet/rain.

What: Gym today, pyramid lifting
    Why: Leg rest
    Lyrics: Hell yes

Stay safe chaps, no slipping, take caution
  • Cheers Benjy. I am aware that they are third world problems and things could be much worse. Glad you're straight, I'm still bringing boxes back from MiL's and trying to find homes for things.

Much better underfoot today and nice to be out if well wrapped up.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon all,

took the opportunity to go out with some some of the club this morning, 7.3m in 1:21, very hard going in places mostly off road and breaking new snow too.... shock news two big falls... neither were mine.... I did go on my knees at one point when i went into an above knee drift....

pics below of braking first snow... so nice out there this morning and loved it....

• Afternoon

RFJ stunning photos glad you missed the falls sorry to those concerned
    It seems a different world here.

What: 1.15 miles running all way 
    Why: Becoming who I used to be
    Last Hard: its all hard
    Last Rest yesterday
    Lyrics no 
  • You're doing great, Pammie. Stick with it. Run/walk could be a good option to increase distance. I did a fair bit of it coming back after a year of misery with injuries.

Amazing pics, RfJ. Running in shorts in the snow??? Only in England ;)

What's pyramid lifting, Benjy? Glad the house is livable again.

Sorry to hear you had another rough night, LMH. Sounds like you had a great run.

Beautiful and sunny here but a nasty wind. Should have been a rest day but I figured a slow recovery run would be ok. And slow it was.

Poppy: hope the forecast is right and you can have a proper go at running tomorrow.

What: 5 miles
    Why: the sun was out
    Last hard: underestimating the wind
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: hell yes

I can't fix the line spacing thing on the tablet either :(
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walked 7.5 km this morning
    Last hard: past 5 km of that, but I'm stubborn and it was so beautiful out there!
    Lyrics: nope

Ankle aches but doesn't hurt so I think that's progress?

Rfj stunning photos!
    Welsh fingers crossed for tomorrow

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Chicksta I was in leggings :-) , the shorts was our club captain and doesnt believe in leggins.... :-) the two fallers are both ok... both were big thuds on the ice....
  • Lovely pics RFJ, there a few things better than being the first one to break trail in fresh snow. 

Canal looks nice too emzap.

Good news on the house Benjy.

Good progress again Pammie.

I saw two ladies out in short shorts here recently Chicksta. It was around -4.   Maybe they were English?  They were wearing long socks though.

LMH glad you had better conditions.

I spent some time this morning putting together a race plan with a 10k, a 10 miles and a HM between March and May. Looking forward to doing some training with a goal or two in the next weeks

What: 5 miles "recovery" with (my) OH.  Average pace of 6:20/km and it felt like hard work due to the snow and slush.  Hope it bloody melts soon.
    Why: recovery day
    Last hard: getting anywhere without stumbling and sliding
    Last rest: 01.02

Lyrics: me no, OH maybe.
  • It wasn't setting the world on fore chicksta but it was better than my last few runs. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy your run.

Nice to run with your OH Hazel, mine won't run with me anymore.

Lovely pics RFJ - glad you no one was hurt.

Well done Pammie.

Sounds like progress to me emzap.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    little buggers in a trailer while I get told to go faster :¬)