Monday 4th February 2019 - I am the road I walk alone

Morning.

Lyrics - I am the road I walk alone

Wet and windy in the early hours but I'm hoping it will have dried up and calmed down by the time I'm ready to go out. Will make a change from cold and slippery anyway.

Thanks for the smile Gobi - a good way to start a Monday.

What:           hoping for a MLR
Why:            should have time before work
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: run with M73. 

Why: trying to run with him on a Monday. He wants 40 minutes. I would be happy to make it up to an hour if I feel ok. Hopefully the rain will have passed through by the time we run.

Talking of shorts, there is a guy near here that I often see running: a portly gentleman probably from the Indian sub-continent wearing just shorts and a pair of the sort of gym shoes that I would have worn at school. Bare chest, whatever the weather.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    awol over the weekend but I see Alex has popped back into the room!
    Like RFJ we've been dealing with some snow, although heavy overnight rain that was still going this morning is starting to have the desired effect!
    Saturday was 12.5miles over the fields in pristine, fresh and crispy snow. Plenty of high knee resistance running. Took about 2h20. 
    Sunday took the club runners out for a snow adventure. 10 miles including the obligatory lie in the sun and make snow angels. Will try to put a couple of snaps up later.
    Today - lunchtime run 
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - Saturday's 'long' run

• Morning

Dustin: Snow angels I love making snow angels :disappointed:

Benjy: Thanks for you thinking about me and glad you are all straight again.

What: 6.65 miles
    Why: Because I could get out!
    Last hard past  5 days
    Lyrics: Nope
    Last rest 2/2

It was so good to be out even in heavy rain I had to be careful as my chest torch is going back as stopped charging again.

Yesterdays Lyrics which are a big favorite of mine my legs always run fast when that song comes on

Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen :D
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • My OH doesn't come out with me on a run very often LMH.  He generally runs less than 10 times a year but is usually just a few seconds to a couple of minutes slower in our regular local 10 mile showdown.  If he trained he would probably be a decent runner but he prefers badminton and cycling (commuting / MTB - each to their own).  Hope you got in a nice MLR.

I also just laughed at the thought of sounds of encouragement from the trailer Gobi.

Brrr - Alehouse... Hope you can get in a nice outing with M73.

Seems you made the most of the snow at the weekend Dustin. 

Good you have been able to get out again despite the rain WP.  Just listened to Born to Run :-)

Have a good start to the week everyone.

What:  some sort of general aerobic run, probably around 8 miles
    Why: should be able to fit that in later and legs too tired for speed work today after the snow-trudging of the weekend.
    Last hard: sliding around in the soggy snow yesterday
    Last rest: 1.2.
  • Morning again!

What: just over 60 minutes

Why: happy hour! About 40 minutes with M73 then pushed on to make up the hour. Thought the ice had all gone but had to turn around and change course when we suddenly hit a stretch of sheet ice on the river bank. 

Another week of no weight loss.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice run, ale. Shame about the non-existent weight loss. Some people are truly hard core. Or just plain nuts. Like barefoot runners in winter 🤦

Hazel: my husband is not into running either and prefers the bike. Occasionally I can persuade him to do a wee bit of run/walk. He was put on beta blockers after his cardiac arrest and they prevent his HR from going up to much so exercise is challenging.

Glad you managed a good run, poppy.

LMH: your hubby probably can't keep with you ;)

Lovely snow running, Dustin

What: 10 sunny miles
    Why: is my day off so I made the most of it
    Last hard: still windy
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: the ones I'm thinking about are slightly different so it's a no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    chicksta, how nice to get a sunny run!
    alehouse happy hour! glad you avoided the ice
    hazel enjoy the 8 miles
    poppy, nice miles!
    wow dustin you got some good snowy runs in! Hope the lunch miles were good
    LMH hope you managed an MLR

I was out for 1.42 yesterday all off road.  A mate accompanied me for 40 mins, 10 mins solo to meet oh then he joined me taking me through trails up and down!! Lovely run and great to have company

what: 40 gentle mins later
    why: schedule
    last hard: yesterday 
    last rest: 31/12/16

I have to g o get the stitch taken out from under my right eye (doc said it would come out itself).  It is so sore that I rang the clinic only to be told the doc should have said I have to go to my doc for the nurse to remove it!! Not happy :-1:
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Wabo what a pain
    Dustin that sounds like fun!

What: 2 walks, 3 km in total
    Why: progressing but not overdoing it
    Last hard: not going running
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all.
  • Afternoon
    Wabo oww hope you get it sorted soon

Back to work tonight had a week off so did a little run walk today and weird equaled last years mileage today. Told you it was a bad year (22)

What: 2.45 miles run walk
    Why: fitness
    Last hard: everyday
    Lyrics no

Been living by the rule if I run one day I rest the next broke that one as work tonight so don't know how I will feel tomorrow but working out a way if some days I can run home sometimes even if part of the way 
  • I don't think you need to worry too much about only doing every other day whilst you're doing such short distances Pammie - much better to get out whenever you can and try to make a habit of it. Sounds like a good start to the year.

Nice long run there Wabo. Hope you have got that stitch removed now.

I can run slower though chicksta. Nice to get a run in the sun.

Sounds like a fun weekend Dustin. Hope your legs weren't too bad today.

Good that you got the hour in Alehouse.

Nice to get out emzap.

Hope you have a nice easy run Hazel. Have conditions improved?

I would definitely have gone stir crazy if I'd been stuck in for that long Poppy - not much chance of that with Grace though.

Warmer but breezy and wet for my run, much easier to run in than the slippery stuff though.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    pammie nice rules
    lMH  stitch appointment is tomorrow morning at 10.20, I can't wait. Hope your run was ok
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    It's the 2nd time we have taken a trailer out and my poor GF is suffering as I still batter her senseless while riding 1 gear pulling a 3 year old :-) He just shouts "hurry up mummy" :-)

What: rollers am d&d watt bike pm
    Why: love it
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: October 31st
    Lyrics : yes

Have I mentioned I hate rain recently ?

• 8.2 miles around Edinburgh this morning, cool but dry and bright. Ice on sea water in Leith docks 
    Passing time, keeping active
    Heading home tomorrow
    Last hard today (in many ways)
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no
  • Hope everything is ok OH. Good travelling tomorrow.

Nice you could use your day off for a good run Chicksta.

If there was no loss Ale then was there also no gain?

Nice offroader Wabo, hope the eye is sorted swiftly tomorrow.

Would stick to not overdoing it emzap.

Good progress Pammie.

I would welcome rain over snow at the moment Gobi, it goes away faster!

LMH conditions better today as much less slush and that left mostly frozen (easier to run on I find, though need to be careful on the uneven bits)

I dumped the GA run for a trial of P&Ls dress rehearsal (though I don't currently have a race to rehearse for, I'm just more or less finishing off the plan I was following)  Around 4 miles WU with 4 x strides, then slightly over a mile @ 10k race pace followed by 2 more CD miles.  More or less hit the right pace @ 4:18/km.  I'll put the 3 extra seconds down to icy bits and corners.  Felt like hard work just for one mile though. Work to do.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Evening!

You are correct Hazel: no weight gain either! Bit surprised as it needs to drop and usually does with more running. Nice session from you, and as you say weather conditions do not help with hitting paces. 

Hope tomorrow goes well, Wabo. And good training!

Don't rush things Emz!

Meant to say, wonder how Don is. Must nearly be half term! Mine is next week.
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Quick update from me as am on phone and it's hard work!  :D

Gobi - you were around on here years ago the same time as me but I think It was when I first came on this thread. I used to follow your blog too. I'm actually unsure why I stopped reading it!

Benjy - UKGT for me in Chepstow. 

Thanks for all the welcome backs! Not been for a run yet but it's brewing.

Weighed earlier. 16st 6lbs. Deep joy. It's a long and winding road I guess...

What: Taekwon-Do tbis evening.
    Why: it's Monday 
    Last hard: footy last week
    Last rest: yesterday.

Lyrics: 90% yes.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Alex - I still blog and jog