Thursday 7th February 2019 - Oh a working-class face glares back

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh a working-class face glares back

Wild, wet and windy here this morning, I've been listening to it howling for a few hours this morning. Met Office suggests it may be march of the wheelie bin windy in which case I'm not sure how I'll fare but  shall assess the situation when I walk Grace.

What:           hopefully something short though I doubt anything will feel easy in this weather
Why:            80 odd days
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning! 

Thanks for the lyrics again, LMH: was just about to post mine so have had to revise my post!

Lyrics: familiar

What: short run and long fitness suite

Why: work, plus an easy running day. 

Weather is wet and windy here. Hopefully more pleasant by the time I get to run this evening. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

LMH The weather is the same here and as it is bin day they are all up and down the road.I was sensible as I put mine out this morning :)

Alex: Thanks for thoughts on race  and I never thought of it like that.I don't think i have ever had trouble getting through finishing funnel.

Dustin: This race is an old one but the folk who run Swansea half took it over 2-3 years ago along with Llanelli half and prices have increased.

I will need to get my skates on and get my long run more than 8 miles as it is at the moment when I have done a long one;-)

Yesterday 7.25 miles and better than it has been.

What: Not sure how far
    Why: Wind speed
    Last hard: Weather
    Lyrics Nope
    Last Rest 2/2

Yesterday's Lyrics were Sixteenth Century Greensleeves by Rainbow
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    WP - yeah I know it's a long standing race, just surprised the Half is almost as much as the mara!
    Gobi - interested indeed! Sounds like one that I'll 'borrow' for the 5k training after London. I presume the efforts you mentioned: 200 400 200 600 200 400 200 600 200 400 200 - are all followed by 200 easy?

Very mild here now (no rain, no wind), so dispensed with heavy coat. Indeed it was a positively balmy 9c last night despite drizzly rain. 
    What - U11 coaching coupled with some easy miles
    Why - Thursday is easy day
    Last rest - 17 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Yes indeed mate 

200 off 200 jog is nice 
    600 off a 200 jog was less so

What: 70 min watt bike d&d mtb at Cannock PM
    Why: Thursdsy fun for everyone
    Last hard: Tuesday 
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no

May need a plan change this evening due to the wind. I have a plan :-)

• Hope you enjoyed the Kaiser Chiefs RFJ.  Enjoy your freedom from work.  Nice lunch intervals.

If the foot still aches walking emzap I wouldn't think yet about running.

Wheelie bin windy is a great description LMH.  Take care you don't get attacked by one anybody.

Enjoy the calmer weather where you are Dustin.

New management and new prices is one I've often see for races WP and not necessarily with any improvements.

What:  some sort of speedwork - not sure what yet as it is still icy in places
    Why:  slotting in some harder running this week as I will be away at the weekend
    Last rest: 1.2.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

Strapped watch on more secure today, I have big wrists chicksta! Anyway the heart rates look more normal
    Chicksta, glad to hear you are on the mend
    Hazel - spot on wheelie bin weather! they were all over the place on my road. Enjoy the speedwork !
    Gobi you always have a plan I bet!
    Dustin enjoy your easy
    Poppy, don't get blown along! Mind you could be worth a couple of miles!
    Alehouse, hope the weather is more pleasant for you, it looks lovely here in Essex
    LMH it didn't feel easy this morning in the weather, enjoy your run

WHat: 5 x 5min threshold, 75 secs recovery. Yoga tonight
    Why: schedule, these things suit me as well!
    last hard: that was, whoosh in the wind
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all  

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

• I must admit I'm not sure quite what I achieved training wise running outside in that weather - some mental training I guess if nothing else. Heavy rain that hurt my face and a wind so strong that I struggled to move forward and was blown sideways at times did not make for a pleasant experience but I had a warm glow (the only thing that was) of satisfaction when I returned to the warmth of the house and some resilience to see me through the work day I hope.

The wind is due to ease here later Gobi so hopefully you'll be able to get out in the Chase and you'll have better conditions for your run Alehouse.

I prefer your weather Dustin.

Hope you managed a longer run then Poppy. How long until the half?

Well done on completing the session Wabo - hope you can find somewhere to run yours Hazel.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Of course Wabo
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh my goodness, my OH has dropped a concrete block on his left foot Tuesday - only just gone a and e today after me continuously saying he should.  Broke his big toe in 4 places, luckily the bone near the nail apparently!
    He won't be running with me for some time....
  • Oh no, wabo. That's unfortunate. Didn't he just have another mishap the other day? Hope your session was good and enjoy yoga.

LMH: Kudos for getting out in this weather. I used the treadmill.

Nice miles, Poppy.

Hope you managed your session, Hazel.

Gobi said:

200 off 200 jog is nice 
    600 off a 200 jog was less so
    :D

Quite mild here too, but the wind makes it feel much colder than it is.

Torrential rain this morning and I had my LT session scheduled so I took the easy Option and hit the gym.

What: 12.8k (or 8 miles) with 5 and 3.5k at LT pace off 4 mins
    Why: schedule
    Last hard: that was - it was an epic sweat fest. That gym is always too hot
    Last rest: 23/1
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta this is the same incident, although he did break a toe a few weeks ago, same foot!!! Padded suit for him
  • What: 2 mile jog to retrieve car from ferry terminal
    why: "recovery" run (see below). Mild bright day here with no wind.
    last hard: Tuesday
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics no

Eventful trip home:
    Acute severe diarrhoea on train to Inverness
    > fainted in carriage
    > met by ambulance at Inverness
    > further transient loss of consciousness during ambulance assessment sealed my fate
    > A+E, 5 attempts to get drip in then 1.5l fluid
    > cardiac screen all ok
    discharged at 5pm so travel plans set back 24h but back to normal now.
  • Not nice OH - any idea what was going on? Glad to hear you're home safe and felt well enough to run!

I didn't really have time to get to the gym and fit a worthwhile run in chicksta and it isn't as good for my mental health.

Oh dear Wabo - he does seem to be quite accident prone.
  • Afternoon, for it is still light!

Hope you are ok, OH

And OH dear Wabo

What: short run d&d, fitness suite shortly

Why: managed to get the run done in daylight. Cool, no wind; until lunchtime it was very heavy rain and windy. Legs were tired.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

ref question on Job, yes have new one and start next Monday.

3.75m run this morning

rest of the day decorating the dining room

Helping out with club session tonight

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 8km so far, about to do another 2 (walking)
    Why: had to go to hospital to have bloods done this morning
    Last hard: getting bloods done. I have a needle phobia and it was my first time. I am feeling proud now though
    Lyrics: nope

Oh that doesn't sound good. Any idea what caused it?
    Wabo ouch!
    Lmh good battling in that weather.
    Have a lovely evening all. Pub quiz for us now I'm mobile :)