Saturday 9th February 2019-Standing, on the edge of forever, at the start of whatever,

Morning

Lyrics:Standing, on the edge of forever,at the start of whatever,

Benjy: I hope you got out for run yesterday to blow away those cobwebs.

Alex: What a shame about missing kit but sounds like some has turned up.

Em: I hope foot is feeling better today.

Chick: Enjoy parkrun

LMH: You are right but they way I am going there will be no half marathon this year again.

What:Some running
Why: Because I can
Last hard:Not getting enough sleep and the wind
last rest 2/2

I am still waiting for my replacement chest torch so I am hopeful by Monday mind you our mail arrives around 10.30-11.30 yesterday it was 4pm!!
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Hope your new torch turns up whilst you still need it Poppy.

Pain about you delivery Alex. Congratulations on the new job - will you still have the free swimming?

Difficult to get the balance right emzap, hope an easier day has made your foot feel better.

Windy here again chicksta - gusting mid 40mph until midday:-(

What:          short and probably not easy/gym/Indian
    Why:           wind/age/guest request
    Last hard:   being enthusiastic in this weather
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: going kitchen shopping
    Why: need to choose one!
    Last hard: a lot is hard at the moment
    Lyrics: nope

Very windy here too, hope the trains are running!

Alex what a pain about the kit. Hope it turns up soon.

Have a great day all
  • Morning!

Lyrics: well they are not "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs; I used those yesterday.

What: gentle parkrun, if anything can be gentle in this wind. Then probably another few Kms pm.

Why: parkrun is still a relatively long run; helping at xc.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 7.25 miles for me and boy it was cold and very gusty, so  not fair no rain predicted and within 1 minute of leaving the house bouncing off the pavement rain where it ends up down your neck ,back etc for 10 minutes then stops!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I was struggling to walk into the wind - gusting up to 46mph currently - so am heading to the gym this morning and will try to get myself out for my run this afternoon though I seem to have lost the will to get out there regardless a bit at the moment.

Doesn't sound pleasant Poppy - well done for sticking it out.

Hope you can find something you like emzap.

Wrap up warm Alehouse!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Morning again!

As if I wouldn't wrap up, LMH....so this morning wore shorts for parkrun! A friend even commented. He's in tracksters still. Method in my madness as it was very puddly. Did wear hat, gloves, two tops. Very windy but dry. Just under 25, as intended. 8.2k in total. Calf niggled a bit...but not in the same place as yesterday!

Will be wearing a lot more this pm!

Hope you get outside for a run. The wind is supposed to be easing later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done those getting out in this. And I don't blame anyone for opting to stay inside.

Nice parkrun in shorts, ale.

Hope your deliveries arrive, Alex and poppy.

Is your foot better today, em?

Too bad I had announced my plans on here yesterday so I had to go and do it, right ;)?

I braved the elements. And it was ludicrous. The kind of wind that you could lean into without falling over :o

10 mile warm-up with the additional benefit of torrential rain.
    Slow parkrun in 23:43, stuck to LT effort. Any attempt at pace was scuppered by the storm.
    2 mile cool down for 15 in total. Surely they count double on a day like this?

Came first woman and 9th overall. Only slow nutcases like me turned up today ;)

What: see above
    Why: commitment
    Last hard: not falling over
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: familiar but would have to Google, so it's a no.
  • Well done in the circumstances, Chick

Right, off to stand on the corner of some field...
  • Shorts Alehouse?!? Mind you I rarely wear longs, capris seem fine for me.

Well done chicksta.

The wind doesn't seem to be abating much, I'm really hoping it will in the next hour.
  • Wet and windy
    parkrun (26.32) then 250m swim
    Proving that I could!  ;)
    Last hard - not going there again
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: no

Keeping open mind about half marathon next weekend (Kinloss- Lossiemouth)
  • Afternoon!

Yes, shorts, LMH: figured that due to the puddles tracksters would have soon been soaked and bare legs would cope better. Knees were cold for the first few ks though!

Another half an hour done this pm, albeit in lots of small sections. 

Think that you proved that you could, OH!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Ended up a whole day out. Foot is bad as I sat on it accidentally yesterday and bent it the wrong way. Think I'm just accident prone ATM. 

Think I walked about 15 km though today and though it hurts it doesn't seem any worse than this morning. 

Chick well done in what sounds like bad conditions.

Have a lovely evening all
  • That's a lot of walking on a bad foot emzap. Hope it's ok tomorrow.

Do you feel back to normal now OH?

No tights Alehouse?

I ran this afternoon and whilst it was still pretty windy it was much better than earlier. Had my best run in what feels like ages too which was much needed.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    nice one Chick, well done....

Osterley Parkrun, a lovely two lap course, just a shame my leg didnt turn up.... still very tired from yesterdays run and KoP... 43rd and 23:09....

Then met up with Nephew a Man Utd Fan... he was happy I wasnt at the football.

Another run planned for tomorrow... build the strength....
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - enjoy the xc skiing
    well done to all the park runners too!
    What - Hampshire xc race 5
    Why - team manager / making up the numbers 
    last rest 19 days
    last hard - today

Early downpours have way to bright but very blustery conditions.
    Some good runs from the youngsters: team medals at both U13s as well as U15 boys and U17 men. Awaiting senior scores but think we may have some team medals there too. Me? Decent and enjoyable run on a 2 lap 10k (almost exact I had 6.25 miles). Couple of steep climbs and some muddy , claggy bits. Even had something left for the last mile... 
    a cpl of seconds over 45mins for the 10k in that terrain, so pretty pleased.