Wednesday 13th February 2019 - I don't want to wait anymore I'm tired of looking for answers

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't want to wait anymore I'm tired of looking for answers

Tired generally to be honest, running slowly, not lacking motivation but finding it difficult to get out of the door, contemplating retiring and becoming a gym bunny this morning - there are some interesting looking classes in the warm, dry studios at the gym..........instead of which I'll keep plodding on and hope that it will all come good at the right time.

What:            easy miles/gym
Why:             I feel better once I'm out running/age
Last hard:     grinding through each day
Last rest:      27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Not Giving In by Rudimental.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Don't mention age, LMH

What: hopefully another happy hour

Why: have to take my time sheet in, so tram there and run back. Not done that for a couple of years! Surprised we are still on such an antiquated paper system. Suits me today. 

Yesterday we were promised a sunny day; today we are now promised thick cloud, and from where I am sitting today's forecast looks to be correct.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all 
    LmH - your running hardly constitutes plodding! I think it's inevitable that sometimes the mojo goes walkabout and we know such spells pass. I know you prefer distance but I find that it helps to step away from the marathon mileage at least for a few months. This summer dropping right off into 800-5k territory (that's the plan anyway).
    Alex - great work, and I echo the wise words from Ale about not overloading. Take a longer term view with measurable steps along the way and make sure you back off if tiredness, fatigue or niggles become noticeable.
    OH - did you do the 13?
    Chick - quite right about LT runs. Have to confess I wasn't looking forward to it, but my mere 18mins / 4 easy / 16 minutes seemed 'easy' compared to the straight 7 miler that the Manchester crew had to do. The third option was 5x1mile...
    As always, felt crap after 5 minutes despite a 2 mile warm up, but thereafter got into the groove and almost enjoyed it. Last 5 or 6 minutes sailed past. The LTP sections averaging just a shade under 7m/m which I'm more than happy with, 11 miles in total for the day.

What - easy lunchtime 
    Why - recovery 
    last rest - 23 days
    last hard - last night

• What: Swim later
    Possibly track too (or rest today)
    Why: NZ visitor's last swim here
    Last hard: yesterday's slow 13 in wind
    Last rest: Wednesday

Kinloss-Lossiemouth HM on Sunday?

• Enjoy your run Ale.

Good words from Dustin regarding mojo and rebuilding mileage.  And a very decent LTP run also.

Well done on the 13 miles OH

What: 8 miler planned for later
    Why: getting stuck into an HM plan
    Last rest: 8.2
    Last hard: running the hills yesterday on tired legs
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Went performance testing last night. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt0UHQRAhdU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jrhgj9rgedcm

I am fatter older and slower but more efficient as a runner :-0

What : 40 min rollers d&d run PM
    Why: indeed
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest : 31st October
  • LMH: I'm pretty sure things will fall into place for you by March when the days are longer and the weather is kinder :) My marathon training always went in peaks and troughs. Starting full of beans, then mileage beginning to take its toll, mileage beginning to take effect and holy shit runs suddenly materialising, tapering and feeling shit again.

Gobi: All I can see is someone's feet on a treadmill :)

Well done on your 13 miler yesterday, OH. NZ visitor must be freezing!

Dustin: Oh god, that dreaded 7 mile LT run from the old P&D book. I do remember it so well. Sounds like you had a good session.

Hazel: Enjoy your 8.

What: intervals (3x1200m, 3x1000m) - 8 miles in total
    Why: schedule
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 23/1

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

OH good miles!
    Lyrics no
    LMH it will come good I am sure
    alehouse and lmh, age ain't nothing but a number.... 
    Having said that Gobi I am fatter slower and I don't know if I am less efficient or the same!!
    Dustin enjoy the easy, I agree about those runs
    hazel enjoy the 8
    Alehouse tram and run sounds magical
     what: 72 mins d&d, last 30 mins I had to do 2 x 10 at threshold
    why: schedule, and it is that run that makes me agree with dustin
    last hard this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

That was a lots of running for me early doors but the 2 x 10 in the latter part really helped with feet issues.  Possibly my problem is tired legs have a bad way of running! the 2 x 10 threshold woke them up

Have  good un all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

What: magical run 

Why: Wabo called it that. It wasn't today but it can indeed be very pleasant as most of the route is along the river. Today the wind was in my face until the last k which made it hard work. Stopped a number of times to stretch Achilles, and hamstring niggled, unusually. Will back off for the next few days. 

Sounds a decent session early doors, Wabo. If I had known 72 minutes was on the schedule I would not have run a few seconds under 70! Not that I would have managed the 2 x 10 minute part. 

Good training going on all round!

And age is indeed just a number.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse, in fact 75 was on the schedule, I reached my car at 72.5 mins and couldn't do any more, I usually am the same! Also I knew I was running late for work.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • The plodding is relative Dustin - I certainly don't feel as though I'm flying at the moment! Maybe bimbling is a better word. I could not look forward to those short races or hard speed session that you do. I don't know how you hit those paces in training especially after a day at work.

I hope you're right chicksta, it does usually seem to come good at the right time. I am definitely looking forward to some better weather - probably for my autumn marathon campaign.

Is there a good reason not to OH?

I'm not sure if that's good or bad Gobi?

Which HM Hazel?

Nice early running Wabo.

But that's two hour long runs in a week isn't it Alehouse? Progess.

It was a nice morning for a run here and I had no time constraints so bimbled round another long run. Can't say I'm looking forward to the gym..........
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Indeed LMH indeed :-)
  • Afternoon!

Two runs of over an hour in three days, LMH: suspect today was a bit of a mistake and should have left it until Friday. Lots of niggles...which I hope remain niggles. A few easy days for sure. 
    And well done on banking another long run. 

I like the "defiantly fatter and older" comment, Gobi!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: 1.85 km, 30 sec run (yes you that right) 1 min wà
    Why: I had to test where I was
    Last hard: the last 4 weeks! 
    Lyrics: nope

Ankle is sore but more ache than hurt. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Was finding it hard to stop the run segments but I was sensible and set my watch to beep!

Lmh it'll come. 
    Ale take it easy
    Oh are you recovered enough for it?
    Wabo nice run
    Dustin your mad!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Hope everything settles overnight Alehouse and emzap.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale - steady...!!

a couple of busy days down in Penzance, 1 run down there only short though and intervals tonight

hope all are well

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hope it is going well, RFJ! And steady is indeed the word. In fact the easy side of easy for a few days.

And easy for you too, Emz!

And as I type, Wabo is smiling!