Thursday 14th February 2019 Dear when you smiled at me

Morning!

Lyrics: Dear when you smiled at me, 
I heard a melody

What: short run, long fitness suite
Why: yesterday

Just back from the alehouse. Enjoyed watching Wabo's team!  Only half time though!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Not a chance for me to start the thread then,  ale ;) although I had firmly planned to.

Fingers crossed you and emzap both feel fine after your respective exploits 🤞

I should probably only do a recovery run today but the wind is gone and I'd like to make the most of it.
  • Morning,

What: Hopefully a run at the Coast
    Why: Because I want to
    Last hard: Sleeping for most of yesterday and no run
    Last rest 13/12
    Lyrics:I have a feeling it is an old one .

Off to the coast to run in daylight and on the flat either that or a good walk.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit.

Penzance RFJ? I thought part of the reason for changing job was to be local?

If you feel ok make the most of the better weather chicksta.

Hope you have a nice day out and feel up to a run Poppy.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             trying to freshen up a little for Sunday
    Last hard:     staying positive
    Last rest:      27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

I thought that when RFJ posted as well LMH

What: 30 mins steady run d&d MTB fun PM

Why: just another day

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: No

Morning

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH/Gobi - me three!!
    What - coaching the grown ups rather than the kids
    Why - filling in (obviously I'm the least romantic coach in the club...)
    last rest - 3 1/2 weeks
    last hard - Tuesdays ell tee pees
    lyric - dont think so
  • Gobi: MTB fun sounds great. This week is forecast to be spring like and I fancy a bit of MTB fun on muddy trails too :D

Poppy: So nice to have a choice and be able to run in daylight. I'm condemned to run in the dark still although the last couple of miles today were in daylight. Yay!

Dustin: Haha, not a romantic bone in my body either.

What's on Sunday, LMH? I did indeed make the most of it as body said yes.

What: 12 miles
    Why: because I could
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: no

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    yes alehouse I enjoyed the second half!!!  Hope the niggles are easier
    lyrics oh yes
    chicksta enjoy the 12 miles great miles! oh blimey I see it is done when maybe you were resting!!!
    Dustin have a good coaching evening, no romance at mine either, although he did scrape my car this morning
    gobi have a good 'just another day' lol
    WP whatever you do I hope you feel better

what: 2 miles later, then yoga
    why: my body said rest
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Chicksta your marathon training peaks and troughs sound pretty familiar.  I certainly won't miss that 7mile LT this Spring.  (haven't checked yet what P&L have up their sleeves for HM training later in the plan though!)  Tough interval session you did yesterday.

Well done on the threshold run yesterday Wabo.  Surely scraping the car for you is being romantic?

River running is nice I agree Ale.  Hope those niggles don't get worse.

LMH my HM is in Basel (or Basle?) i.e. where France, Germany and Switzerland meet and takes in bits of all 3 countries.  Flat and fast by the looks of it and not too expensive.

Hope the ankle is no sorer today emzap. 

Enjoy the mtbing Gobi

What:  My turn at the LT intervalls later (15 + 12)
    Why:  P & L HM
    Last hard:  adding another year to my age today
    Last rest: 8.2.

Lyrics: no
  • Happy birthday, Hazel! 

WP: you are correct! The lyrics are even older than I am!

Sitting on a spiky ball listening to popmaster!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: easy day
    Why: little bit of tapering
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 8 days ago
    Lyrics: not a clue
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

"Big light Thursday night!!" has been on pretty much every week through the winter, only skipped when the weather is biblical.

Have I mentioned I hate rain ?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel, m ore than romantic enough I hate scraping the car!!  Happy Birthday to you
    Gobi I think you have...

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

Happy Birthday Hazel! Your half sounds good - is it far from you?

I have a HM on Sunday chicksta but I'm only doing it because I have a free entry, it will be off the back of a big mileage week (hopefully). Mark, his brother and P are running it too. Glad you were able to make the most of it and get some good miles in this morning, flexibility is definitely needed at this time of year. Getting lighter much earlier here now.

Hope the little one enjoys her mtb ride Gobi.

Wabo - I'd rather that than a meal in an over crowded over priced restaurant this evening. My Valentine gift was a tub of foot cream - he knows me so well:-)

Alehouse - I need to be sitting on something too, had a definite PITA this morning so have given in and booked physio appointment (had been trying to save money by not going as regularly).

You've decided to run the half then OH?

I'm sure you wouldn't have agreed if you'd thought Mrs D would object Dustin.

• Happy Birthday Hazel a romantic day to born on and the same day as my late Father and our Wedding Anniversary:) Although to be fair we wanted March 1st St David's Day but could not have it.

3 miles and it was tough going i wanted to walk 1/4 mile in so still not right but i am a stubborn moo :) The weather was glorious beautiful Blue skies and 13 degrees!! I was melting in my short sleeved top.The waves were magnificent lots of surfers in the sea.

Ale I had a feeling it is one of my Fathers records....
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • That sounds like a wonderful run, Poppy. Love running by the sea!

Happy Birthday, Hazel (cue party hat). Not sure I could face LT intervals on my b'day :)
    Those P&L HM schedules have some tough VO2 max sessions in store. Much harder than the P&D Marathon schedules. I hope they work! I shall find out on April 7 :D

Not the worst thing to have free entry to a half, LMH. Also nice to travel with company.

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

As always, I am grateful for the wise words regarding the return. Rest assured I am taking it easy coming back in. Just adding a little on each week. I've been doing the TaeKwon-Do 3 times a week for over a year anyway, and while it's not always a good cardio workout it has really benefited my core strength and flexibility. I was surprised how strong I felt (i.e. not sagging) when running the other day. So I've added in the 5-a-side football once a week when we get numbers and now adding the runs on top. It's all a building process.

What: 5-a-side today/TKD yesterday evening
    Why: Building back up
    Last hard: Over a week
    Last rest: Saturday  
    Lyrics: No

Happy Birthday Hazel and Happy Anniversary Poppy

Go well all!
  • I'd love a run by the sea Poppy.

No it's just not one I would have chosen to run chicksta.

Be careful with the football Alex!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Hazel

LOL LMH / Gobi, yes that was the plan...... there is still some travelling, but its now in work time not commute... that is now a 15 min walk to my base office and it has been nice to get home in daylight this week too :-)

Totally cream crackered now, only 2 people turned up for the club session tonight so was the same session I did my self last night, (couldnt face standing alone and watching two, so joined in.... and got a massive improvement on last night too, I know not recomended, two hard sessions, but it is amazing that you push your body more when with others, loved it... a bit further than yesterday due to start and finish positions at club.. 5.3m

Take care all