Friday 15th February 2019 - I see no right, I see no wrong

Morning.

Lyrics - I see no right, I see no wrong

That does sound better RFJ. Are you enjoying it so far? Has your rearranged appointment come through yet?

What:           short and easy/gym for a new programme
Why:            legs are shot/nice PT offered to do one for me for free and this afternoon is when she's available
Last hard:    staying positive
Last rest:     27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Valentine's Day's lyrics were, "Zing! Went the strings of my heart", Judy Garland amongst others, Sinatra included. 

Lyrics: no

What: short and easy

Why: legs are shot. Well I hope they are not, but niggles are being managed. Hope yours are fresher by Sunday, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Had to laugh Wabo - when you said the OH had scraped the car , I thought you meant he'd driven it into something !!
    RFJ - echo that, we had about 15 last night, hill pyramids. I joined in. There was me planning 2 easy, ended up 6 with 20 minutes of hill climbs

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - mini taper: 20 mile race on Sunday
    last rest - 25 days
    last hard - probably yesterday

• I doubt they will be Alehouse but I'm fine with it, I was never expecting much from the race and if I'm honest I'd rather be doing a long run but it will be social and a bit more of an effort than I'd make on my own. Very cold out here this morning.

That is a very mini taper Dustin but I'm guessing you aren't actually racing on Sunday?
  • Morning again!

Very cold here, also, LMH...but beautiful down by the river. Noisy, too: birds! Always think of Stickless on a day like this! Didn't see any kingfishers though!

With a decent warm up and down Sunday will still be long, LMH.

Enjoy your 20 Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Dustin I did typo yesterday and change from scrapped! He scraped it again today.... Run well Sunday
    alehouse, ah stickless I miss stickless posts! Like you my legs are feeling a bit shot! Big weekend coming up I better be careful
    LMH, enjoy the day, sorry your legs are feeling shot as well!
    Pops happy anniversary for yesterday
    I did 30 miles last week do my legs know it!!!
    My OH turned up with dinner and chocs last night what a darling!!!
    What: 45 mins later with a couple of 12 min efforts chucked in
    why: schedule
    last hard: yoga last night, ridiculous stiff old body!!!
    last rest: 31/12/16
    club race tomorrow afternoon, 2hr 15 min run sunday, will aim to get close to 13 miles, more like 12 though I reckon
    have a great weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • That is a tough three days, Wabo! Be careful!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I will be alehouse, and at the end of those tough days I have a lovely appt with the QoP eek!!
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

LMH - The football is not too bad. It's all workmates, so isn't too competitive. Good bit of interval training and just doing something for an hour!
    Ale - hope legs are OK!
    Wabo - Good going and take it easy!
    Dustin - enjoy the mini-taper!

What:Rest day for me today.
    Why: Legs have a nice gentle ache to them where I can feel I've done something productive. Done something energetic for 5 days running so a good day to rest.
    Last hard: mmmm
    Last rest: Today!
    Lyrics: Nope

P.S. Crunchie Friday (if we still do that!)

• Haha, Alex - brilliant idea to bring back Crunchie Friday!

Hope your shot legs recover, ale and LMH.

I always think of stickless when I see kingfishers. Fond memories. Hope she's alright. And I miss sharkie.

Wabo: Fantastic build-up in mileage. Be careful though. Ramping up mileage AND intensity is brining you dangerously close to injury territory.

Dustin: Will you be racing or is it a test for MP? Friend of mine from our sub 3:30 WhatsApp Group is doing Bramley as well. She said she'd run the last 5 @ MP.

Today I had one of those runs that were pure joy. Spring has sprung and we had 12 degrees, brilliant sunshine and no wind. I knew it was going to be a quiet day so I slept in this morning (when it still was minus temps by the way) and took the opportunity to nip out for a lunchtime run. Loved it sooo much :D

Volunteering at parkrun tomorrow. May run before or just run the course on my own afterwards. Need to keep my legs fresh for Sunday. Weather forecast is perfect. Looks like I can risk to rock up in vest and shorts.

What: 7 miles with 6*12 sec uphill Sprints and 6*100m strides
    Why: schedule and opportunity - there's a perfect little park near work with an 80m long ramp for uphill bits and a 100m track for the strides.
    Last hard: Tourist dodging but even they couldn't dent my mood today
    Last rest: 23/1
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

What: easy 4 miles d&d am - PM ? life is causing challenges

Why: see above

Last hard:  Tuesday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: No

Talking the weekend as I may or may not be around - few hours on the bike tomorrow assuming it is dry and then for the first time in 7 years I am doing 21 miles on Sunday with the 2nd 10 around 2.51 marathon pace. Pace making is fun but I normally refuse to go over 13 miles so this could be interesting.

• I hope it's nothing too stressful Gobi. That's going to be a long run for you isn't it? Hope it goes well.

Lovely to hear that you're having such a good day chicksta.

I doubt I'll get much in before or after Alehouse, the venue and company aren't conducive. It was beautifully still and bright when I went out for my run - but still cold. Legs had a bit more bounce in them which was nice (though still slower than I'd expect to be now).

He sounds like a keeper Wabo:-) 

Alex - people always seem to get injured when playing football - hence my concern. I think we can always thank Crunchie it's Friday!
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Sitting on a spiky ball sounds pretty painful Ale (peers around for soft cushion...).  Kingfishers are lovely to see if you do - beautiful colours.   

LMH: my planned half is about 1.5 hours by train from here which is just about okay. 

Chicksta: the LT intervalls were just the thing after a morning of work stress.  Rather those than V02 max!  Good run this lunchtime for you. 

Happy Anniversary for yesterday WP.  Well done for being stubborn and not walking.

Alex + 1 to be careful with the football.  Enjoy the rest of your day off of energetic stuff.  What is a Crunchie Friday..? 

Rest / recovery day today after 2 sessions in a row RFJ? 

Dustin: good perspective on Wabo's OH scraping the car - didn't notice that one!

Good luck to all racers for the weekend.

What: recovery 4
    Why: loosen up the legs after yesterday's LT efforts and it is so nice out.
    Last hard:  pace discipline yesterday - got it right for once though
    Last rest: 8.2.

Lyrics: hmm vaguely familiar but no.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Listened to all the advice and only did a gentle mile tonight. Lots of stretching and rubbing of the right calf. Tai chi in morning. Hopefully it will come to nothing. I think just lots of miles over the last couple of weeks is the cause. 
  • Sensible Wabo

Off to the Griffin, OH!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH- haven't been out this far since Jan 2012 in my last ultra where I ran a silky 3.40 50km on a broken leg - oops
  • Morning Swim (400m). Short jog round to Yoga
    Why: parkrun tomorrow then off for Kinloss-Lossie HM on Sunday
    (quite tight for ferry back home after race)
    Last hard: Yoga's not getting any easier!
    Last rest: yesterday

Enjoy a pint (or 2) of Hydes AH :)
  • Holts, OH. Then Marstons in the Oak! Easy parkrun and enjoy K to L! Does the race have an RAF connection?

Hopefully a gentle parkrun here after two easy days.
  • It's run from Kinloss barracks to Lossie (ex-) airbase and was originally run by servicemen.
    Morray Running club runs event these days and no direct lik with bases other than start and finish lines.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Tried to source Robinsons Trouper in Alness Morrisons after seeing it as a vendor on Robbie's website.
    Alas none to be seen.
    :'(