Saturday 16th February Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars

Morning!

Hopefully another pleasant spring day.

Lyrics: Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars

What: gentle parkrun

Why: if legs are up to it
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Single Minded by The Human League.

What:         short and easy
    Why:          Saturday's usually are
    Last hard:  raising any enthusiasm for tomorrow's race
    Last rest:   27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

What: progressive parkrun in around 25:10 with the first 2ks at 5:40 and 5:25, and the last at 4:33. 

Why: see how the legs are. Achilles not great but my main concern for the last few days has been my hamstrings, glutes and hips: they seemed to cope. 

Very grey earlier but the sun has now appeared.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

After a slightly stuff ankle yesterday managed another 1.85 km 30 run 1 min walk. Faster than Wednesday though was just running to feel and no pain!

Have a lovely sunny Saturday all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    morning all,

progressive park run here to with a 22:30, so happy. but really need to lose the podge.....

1.3m warm up and a steady couple after too

Have a good day all

Regards
  • Well done parkrunners 👏

I'm a big fan of progression runs.

Weather here was gorgeous. A bit cold when I left the house but lovely, sunny and warm on the parkrun course. Meet some wonderful people. Most volunteers are either expats living in Hamburg or ex expats like me who lived in the UK for a while. We could even sit outside in the sun for post-run coffee <3

I may or may not do a gentle 5 k later. Should perhaps save my legs for tomorrow but it's so beautiful out there that sitting on the sofa doesn't seem right.
  • 3 mile recovery run done :)

And yes to lyrics
  • I don't blame you chicksta - i's a lovely day here too.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Had a good strong 5 Mile race. Wore my compression socks I really felt they helped my aching legs today. They don't feel too bad at all. 
    Chicksta, agree with you the weather was perfect today. Hope tomorrow goes well. 
    Rfj nice days work!!! 
    Alehouse, lyrics yes. Good park run!
    Nice one emzap

What 5 Mile race
    Why League race
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Long run tomorrow 😜
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Well done Wabo! And I have worn compression socks, tights, shorts or a combination thereof for the last three nights! Seems to be doing the trick, or is it the foam roller or sitting on a spiky ball? Enjoy the long run!

Race well tomorrow Chick, OH, Dustin, Gobi, LMH...and anyone else!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hello

Looks like some enjoyable training is going on

What:mtb ride d&d 
    Why: opportunity
    Last hard : Tuesday 
    Last rest : 31st October 
    Lyrics: yes 
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Busy day today. Bought a new car. Took me over 2 hours to clear all the rubbish out of the old one! I did find £50 of Amazon vouchers though!

Anyway got sorted and got out for a run. Just got back and feel pleased with myself. Would have been easy to stay in and do nothing. Dehydrated though and felt it! 

What: 5k run
    Why: Consistency
    Last hard: Does paying for a new car count? Trying to decide what to spend this £50 on gear-wise
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Think so.

Good progressive Parkruns etc going on! Glad the race went well Wabo. Well done for getting out, all of you!

Shower time...then chilli and beer. After water!

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Cheers Alex, just enjoying a beer here too.  Enjoy your new car.  Hmm what to put the 50 quid towards..?
    Well done to Wabo, the parkrunners and good luck to tomorow's racers. Hope you can find some enthusiasm on the start line LMH.
    Emzap that sounds like progress with the ankle.
    What: 18km including some tough hills
    Why: need some ups and downs every now and then as it is not too long until the hill racing season starts.
    Last hard: the steep bit up to "Pig Corner"
    Last rest 8.2.
    Lyrics no