Wednesday, 20 February 2019 - we've been through some things together

Morning :)

Today's lyrics: We've been through some things together

Another wet  windy morning. Not sure I fancy the gym though. Guess I'll brave the elements.

Have a great day, all.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you were rewarded with an enjoyable run chicksta. Forecast a bit breezy here too.

I don't seem able to run as many miles as I was this time last year Alehouse so you could say I'm taking it easy - though I'm not sure what the issue is, time or my body/mind.

RFJ - half term affects my work load a little, commuting time and route choice.

Hope you're feeling better emzap.

I guess Benjy must be busy with half term and the new business - I miss his take on things.

What:           easy miles/physio
    Why:            68 days.........
    Last hard:    knowing what to do for the best
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics - possibly.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Hope the weather isn't too grim chicksta. 

Hope the achilles isn't something too nasty WP?

Good shopping results for the vouchers Alex. 

Glad to hear you are ok Gobi

Well done on getting any sort of longer run in Wabo if you weren't feeling up to it.

What:  6 miles later
    Why: all I can squeeze in (stressy Wednesdays start again today)
    Last hard:  getting up the hills yesterday evening.
    Last rest: 17.02.

Lyrics: maybe
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Sunny", originally by Bobby Hebb but much covered: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubvYQxTXO3U

LMH, I meant take it easy for a couple of days after Sunday's race followed by the 20, which you seem to be doing. 

What: short and easy

Why: easy week. Am trying to get a GP's appointment as peak flow way down and showing symptoms of a chest infection. 

Managed to get wet a couple of times yesterday evening: anyone who saw the Liverpool game will have an idea of the weather! Hoping it will stay dry today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I knew what you meant Alehouse but was planning a longer run again today though the current heavy rain is putting me off. I'm not managing the miles I was this time last year and although I have an extra couple of weeks I feel I need to raise my game, though I'm not currently feeling up to it:-( I do hope you don't have another chest infection, you seem to get a lot - hazard of the job?

Hope your Wednesday isn't as stressful as you're anticipating Hazel.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - legs seem to be functioning OK after Bramley, but then I did run at MP + 60s!
    Wabo - Organised yes, we tend to follow a similar schedule at the club each year which seems to go well
    Gobi - sensible!

Yesterday I missed the club session: a single train derailment ensured only one platform (out of 17)  in use at Clapham. Consequently I got home the best part of an hour late.
    Instead , straight in, changed and back out for 3 mile w/u, 6x600m hill loop fast, then 4x600m hill loops steady, long cool down. Felt quite sprightly and surprised with overall pace.
    What - easy run at lunchtime, may go up to the Olympic Stadium (or do I call it the home of West Ham now?)
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 4 weeks
    last hard - yesterday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    morning all
    dustin enjoy your run to London Stadium, ha ha! My club run that area all the time
    alehouse sorry to hear you possibly have a chest infection, hope not.  Enjoy the short and easy, do take it easy
    Lyrics no
    chicksta hope the weather is a bit kind at least!!
    LMH have a nice easy miles run and I hope the physio is not too mean!
    Hazel 6 miles will help and I hope the stress isn't too bad

What: an hour later with 3 x 10min threshold and 90-120 s jog rec chucked in
    why: schedule
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A grey wet morning here too.
    Track session this evening, maybe swim sometime.
    Plan for longer run at end of week (Loch Katrine marathon on 24 March)
    last rest: 6 days ago
    last hard: Sunday
    lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    change again having looked at my schedule - this evening is 75 mins with middle 60 as 10*3 min threshold and 3 mins steady
  • Morning again!

Sounds a tough run this evening, Wabo!

And yes, chest infection confirmed. Peak flow around 350. Last week it was 550. Not good timing as am down to run the Last Friday of the Month 5k in Hyde Park on Friday. Not sure about that now! Antibiotics and steroids commenced. 

Meeting up with running doctor friend later: was to discuss legs, not chest!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry to hear you have another chest infection Ale

Took yesterday off work too. Feel much better this morning though still run down

What: 1.85 km 1 min walk 1 min run
    Why: increasing slowly
    Last hard: that was. I was really out of breath for my running minute! I was trying to take it easy!
    Lyrics: nope

Foot stiff but not sore so I think progress.  I was hoping to be completely recovered after 5 weeks though.

Dustin good motivation after getting in late. 
    Wabo enjoy your tough session tonight.

Have a great day all
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Dustin - I became sensible when I left a hospital 7 years ago, doesn't stop me pushing the boundaries a little though :¬)

What: easy 4 miles d&d longer effort and gym PM possible watt bike

Why: I love me, who do I love ?

Last hard: a few efforts on the bike last night were steady/hard

Last rest: 31st October 

Lyrics: No

LMH - my volume is down a little as well but I think I am just more relaxed about everything.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse so sorry to hear that!! Yes tonight is tough but as always I listen to the legs!! Good thing about my route is home is never more than 2 miles away so I can cut it short again, or walk!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Gobi we must love ourselves, I do!
  • Gobi: I think we could all do with being more relaxed about training as we get older.

LMH:  You have a lot on your plate at the moment with your FiL's Situation and I also remember the kitchen saga not too long ago.

Em: Patience. At least things are moving in the right direction.

Ale: Oh no, that's rubbish news. You're really prone to chest infections :(

Wabo: I'd second what Ale said. That sounds like a pretty brutal session.

Dustin: Sorry to hear about train trouble.

Hope you can squeeze those miles in, Hazel.

I managed 10.5 miles in the end. Wish I'd taken gloves with me. The windchill made it a lot colder than it actually was. Also my legs weren't too happy today. Guess the increased mileage is catching up with me.
  • Morning again!

Forgot to say I got my short run in and the peak flow was marginally better for it. Very easy, of course. Tend to get two or three chest infections a year and they have never got to the bottom of why. No pattern to it unless it is to do with constant changes in the weather. Am taking an extensive list of precautionary medicines anyway but at random points they don't seem to do the job.  Am hoping the new meds have an instant impact!

Nice run banked, Chick. A steady day or two for you, also!

That's good progress, Emz: and I say patience for you as well! Alternate days and just slight increases, so either keep at 1 min walk/run and increase the overall distance slightly, or go to 1 min walk and 75 secs run, or something like that, but keep the overall distance the same. As long as no reaction. 
  • Your normal peak flow is higher than mine has been since I was ill last January Alehouse - that's worried me now. Mine never got back to where it was. Hope the meds kick in quickly.

Glad you're on the mend emzap.

I'm just worried that I won't do as well off lower volume Gobi - and I still want to break 2.55.

I bet you still feel better for it though chicksta? I have some lovely Ron Hill merino gloves which are easy to tuck into my waistband if I do need to take off so I tend to start my runs wearing them.

Are you finding it better having the schedule Wabo?

Good motivation/improvisation Dustin.

Are you feeling well recovered from Sunday OH or planning to take it easy at the track session?

I had a word with myself and did a long run in the end.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Lmh- understand as was always a volume runner but recovery and easier days have mattered more the last few years
  • Afternoon

I miss Benjy's take on life as well he is so funny always makes me smile;-)

LMH:I am glad the talk worked and you got the long rundone;-)

Wabo: You gained 2lb  I can match you 2lb and raise you another 2lb:-( but seemed to have dropped 2lb quite quickly.But still a shock to see.

Chick: I think I am Sleeping Beauty I usually manage on 8.5-9 hours but at the moment closer to 11 hours!!
    I second merino gloves light and warm.

Ale I hope your chest is okay.

Hazel : I hope today is not as stressy as you think? my achilles flares up  and takes a while to settle down(after rupture)

What: 5.25 miles
    Why: I got up late and life gets in the way
    Last hard: getting out of bed after 11 hours sleep
    Lyrics: No
    Last rest 13/2
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Poppy completely on your side regarding sleep!

Thanks Ale, that was roughly my plan so good to have confirmation!