Thursday 21st February 2019 - Well

Morning.

Lyrics - Well
             There's a young boy standing

Physio was painful yesterday (as usual) and the bruises were coming out almost before I left but my legs felt unusually good on Grace's afternoon walk, usually they feel rough for the next day or so - not sure how they'll be this morning but will find out shortly.

What:           easy miles
Why:            I'm keeping it easy and counting down the days
Last hard:    not crying at the physio
Last rest:     27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no. Had hoped to set them...

What: short and easy this evening

Why: fighting illness

Work beckons.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 70 mins watt bike d&d 
    Run lunchtime
    MTB fun pm
    Why: I'm relaxing
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: possibly 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - hope you're feeling better - are you still planning on LFOTM?
    Wondering where Benjy is got me thinking how long I've been on here and all the names that have come and gone. It would be about 17 years, first posting in the run up to the London mara in 2002!

What - coaching, either kids or grown ups, seem to have staff shortages at the moment (half term I guess).
    Why - see above
    Last rest - a month ago
    last hard - Tuesday , possibly yesterday.
    Did the loop up Regents Canal, Victoria Park, scoot round the Olympic Stadium and back via Bow. Just over 10 miles. Decent enough pace but legs heavy after Tuesday's training. 
    lyric - nope

• Dustin: will be at LFoM as I have a train ticket and meeting various friends. May run around at the back but won't be hard. This chest infection is not good timing! Wanted to get a benchmark of fitness. The race seems fated: January's edition last year was when I had my fractured back and couldn't run. Will have to look when I joined the thread! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: just walking today
    Why: come back is slow
    Last hard: being ill
    Lyrics: nope

17 years is a long time! I reckon I've been 9 or 10.  Who started DT anyway?

Hope your chest feels better soon Ale.
    Lmh owwww!

Have a lovely day all
  • Bad news on the chest infection Ale.  Can you run through that and in particular on antibiotics?  (out of curiosity rather than finger-wagging that you shouldn't be..)

Shame you missed the club session Dustin, but it seems you compensated well by doing your own thing.  17 years on the forum or the daily thread is impressive!  I haven't been around on the forum anywhere near that long but I also wonder about people who disappear.

More good advice from Ale emzap, have a nice walk today.

Wise words from Chicksta.

Merino gloves are great LMH - do you mean the thin liner ones?  Hope you had a good long run yesterday and ouch to the physio.

Regarding stressy Wednesday - it wasn't too bad after all and I got my 6 miles or to be accurate 10k in without any big issues over lunch.  I think I stress too much about the potential of being stressed. 

Enjoy the mtbing this afternoon Gobi

What: LT intervalls later 18 + 15 mins
    Why: P&L HM plan
    Next hard:  that will be...
    Last rest: 17.02

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Dustin I reckon I have been around since maybe 2003? We are old guard!! I also go on fetch and think I may have been there since it started, enjoy your coaching, can you believe it is Thursday already!!!
    LMH and Alehouse enjoy the short and easy
    chick and alehouse, I agreed that the plan was brutal, and also realised that I was heading for a 40+ week which is way too big a jump so I have altered this week slightly to allow two long runs.  Last night was an hour run with 7 x 3min threshold and 7 x 3 steady, very hilly so quite tough but fun!
    LMH yes I really am responding well to a schedule, trouble with doing a streak is you lose sight of anything other than just getting the run done
    Gobi, you have a triple day!
    Alehouse glad your peak flow responded well
    WP, weight! Yes I am finding the same as you this week, I am being a bore and weighing most days, I need to see what I do wrong (although i am sure I know!) So every day this week my weight has dropped and I have not had alcohol all week....
    Emzap, keep coming back, it is getting there eh!

What: 2.7 miles d&d this am, no time for more and being sensible so I made it a progressive run
    why: being careful
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

I did get on my turbo last night but only to loosen the legs, got a back ache now :-(  OH didn't, he is having to go to his dad in the care home every night as his mum is ill
    Yoga may be hard with a sore back this evening...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I joined January 2003!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Triples are fun

October 2003 for me
  • Sorry chaps will catch up at the weekend, squeezing in 7s & 8s at odd times recently. Just about to set off to Lichfield in 10 mins, 3 hour drive, for a funeral tomorrow. Going a few hours earlier, so I can have run in the area down there (change of scenery), stopping in Premier Inn so life like Alan Partridge then picking my brother up from Lichfield station later on.

What: Would like an 8, looked up canal bank routes possible.
    Why: Change of scenery
    Lyrics: Damn no

• That's not so far from me Benjy - you'd have been welcome to a bed and some company for a run.

Hazel - yes it's ok to run through a chest infection on antibiotics (a few of us do so) though it probably wouldn't be recommended by most GPs. As long as you keep it easy it's fine. I'm the same with the stressy work days - the ones I'm dreading usually turn out to be ok. My merino gloves are gloves in their own right rather than liners.

Glad you've found something that works for you Wabo.

That's a long time Dustin.

Nice day for it Gobi.

Enjoy your walk emzap - may as well be ill whilst you can't run:-)

Hope you can enjoy your day out tomorrow regardless Alehouse.

My legs were shocking this morning! They felt bad when I walked Grace and it was six miles before they decided to join the party on my run. Hopefully they'll have forgiven me by tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Good to see you pop in, Benjy. Your ears must have been ringing :) Sorry to hear about the funeral.

LMH: Seems your legs and mine have joined forces. Let's hope they see sense tomorrow. The thinnest gloves are of no use when you leave them at home (like I did yesterday - d'oh).

Wabo: Sensible.

Hazel: Enjoy those intervals! Well, probably not the intervals but the warm glow when it's done and you've nailed it. I'm giving speed work a miss this week. My body is tired and everything is sore. May do a fast-ish parkrun on Saturday if they find some more volunteers. Otherwise I'll be helping again.

Poppy: Sleeping Beauty made me chuckle. Jealous of your solid zzz hours.

Some of you have been around forever :) I joined in 2008 when I took up running. Still seems like a lifetime ago …

What: chucking a few kettlebells around at lunchtime
    Why: too tired for anything else
    Last hard: sleeping despite being tired
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Long may you run, Neil Young.

• I'm a mere youngster in running years - started running in 2011!

14.5 slow miles d&d
    why:
    slow after hard pyramids last night.
    Long because I need to up my endurance before Loch Katrine marathon next month.
    last hard: today
    last rest: 14 February
    lyrics: no

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I started running in the 70s 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Evening!

My first race was in October 1965. 

Joined RW in August 2004. 

Emz: time flies! You joined in January 2006, according to your profile! Just click on your picture! Think you were about 12 when you first posted! 

re running with a chest infection, the GP friend I met up with for lunch yesterday was quite happy for me to run a gentle 15 to 20 minutes i.e. short and certainly at conversational pace. It does seem to help clear the lungs. Funnily enough my peak flow is improving. Probably due to today's sunshine. A dizzy 15.5 this pm!

What: easy and gentle run

Why: seems to help clear the lungs/habit.

Good to hear from you, Benjy, but I don't like to hear of funerals.
  • I joined the forum in 2016 and (re)started running in 2006.  Jogged around for a few years and then got into the habit of doing some sort of organized training as of 2013.

Wabo: thank goodness it is Thursday already.  Tough times for your OH.  Very impressive streak - only just noticed it sorry.

LMH thanks for the info on the chest infections, I have pretty robust health fortunately.  

Enjoy the change of scenery in Lichfield though I would like to wish you a better reason to be going there Benjy.

Intervals d&d Chicksta: the inner glow at having finished was accompanied by an outer glow it was so warm out.  Even got the shorts on today.  Good call on the gentle week and don't chuck a kettlebell anywhere inappropriate.

Nice long run OH - a marathon at Loch Katrine sounds lovely.

Impressive running career Gobi.