Friday 1st March 2019 The minute you walked in the joint

Morning!

Happy St David's Day!

Lyrics: The minute you walked in the joint

Apologies for the Gobi birthday confusion!

Pay day for me so may need a little spending on new shoes to cheer me up after an awful night.

What: if anything very short

Why: not well. Will be phoning doctor at 8.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder.

Sorry to hear you had a rough night Alehouse, take it easy eh? Recovery is more important than running.

Sounds like temperature and potentially nerve then chicksta. Hope your dentist can sort it. I hope you're right about my pace.

Have you had your appointment with the consultant rearranged yet RFJ?

What:         probably short and easy
    Why:          legs deserve some down time
    Last hard:  FiL visiting/MDM and looking after MiL yesterday
    Last rest:   27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Will head out for hopefully 3 km run walk later. Done 1 set of my exercises already.
    Take it easy ale!
    Oh I know the lyrics :)
    MDM LMH?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    LmH - you are right I did know the lyric!
    Cold lingering but I've battled into work to keep UK plc on it's feet and spread my germs to all my colleagues ;-)
    What - easy run lunchtime
    Why - keeping it real
    last rest - last month
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - of course, and happy spending Ale!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

More steroids prescribed, as expected: I used to have a "rescue" prescription for emergencies but no longer allowed in case of overdosing. Would probably have been better by now GP and I agreed! Hope no meds needed for you, Dustin!

This week must be one of your highest volumes ever, LMH...be careful! Good to see an easier day.

Hope the walk goes to plan, EMZ! In education MDM is a multi-columns type meeting.

Now to consider various shoe options...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

What: 7.5miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Getting out of bed!/tiredness
    Last rest 27/2
    Lyrics Oh yes!

I hope Dustin and Ale recover soon and any other peeps not feeling well.

Welsh cakes,Leeks ,Lavabread and Daffodils for everyone wether you want them or not :D
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: easy hr on the watt bike d&d off for a jog shortly
    Why: easy Friday 
    Last hard: wall I smacked my knee into earlier, running to see if it is ok
    Last rest : 31st October
    Lyrics: yes

154 miles last month average about of 8 miles a run but included my longest run in 7years.  23 miles !! I won't be rushing into another one anytime soon and not doing any racing. 
    Just short of 700 miles over the last 4 months is not bad for a cyclist :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse happy shoe hunting, glad you got answers from doc
    Lmh busy day, enjoy the short and easy
    Dustin, lol, enjoy your easy, wish you fully better
    Oh your photos are amazing as always
    Chick, teeth!!! Yours is a bit odd though. Once mine was set off after  a run it wouldnt settle without tablets and even then not fully! 
    Poppy and all other Welsh buddies here happy st David's day, I'll have a Welsh cake! Nice miles to kick start march Poppy
    What 30 plus  mins this morning easy
    Why schedule
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Park run tomorrow, and half marathon at Dartford on Sunday!! 
    Have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Lovely Kayak pics OH - not at all jealous.  Not that I have ever been in one.  Looks very peaceful. 

Is it only now that you have a diagnosis for your ankle emzap?

Well done on the mileage RFJ and Gobi.

Gobi - is the wall ok also? 

Hope the cold improves for the weekend Dustin.

I assume running shoes Ale - is it fun buying any other? Hope those steroids sort you out soon.

Hmm - welsh cakes WP! I would take those if there are no other interested parties but it seems Wabo will provide competition.

Wabo: good luck for your HM in Dartford and have a good parkrun.

LMH - short and easy sounds good. 

what: Around 7 miles planned for later - waiting for it to stop raining and blowing first (probably won't though so get out there you wimp)
    Why: Need an outing after yesterday's rest day
    Last hard:  -
    Lyrics: No -

Feb mileage: 160. Quite a bit down in comparison to Jan (putting aside the fact that the month is shorter) and several previous months but I also did some cross training days to compensate.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

No wall were hurt although they may ask for mental scarring damages and a coat of paint
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, running shoes, Hazel! Not bought any yet as my 10% off and free delivery code for sportsshoes.com didn't work! Realised that it is changed at the beginning of the month and haven't got the new code yet. No rush! Hope your weather improves by the time you run. 
  • How is your knee Gobi?

Hope the second course of steroids work Alehouse. I've run higher mileage weeks but this is on course to be my highest so far this year.

Multi-disciplinary meeting emzap. Enjoy the run/walk.

Hope the weather improved for your run Hazel.

How is your tooth pain Wabo?

Enjoy your smorgasbord of all things Welsh Poppy - hope you don't get the rain too:-)

You martyr Dustin:-)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Dustin: So no sickie in the end :)

Poppy: that's an interesting combination of things ;) Typical for St. David's Day I reckon.

Ale: sorry to hear you need more drugs.

LMH: Always impressed by your mileage.

Did you get out, Hazel?

Hope your little run goes well, emzap.

Wabo: You're right. Mine is most bizarre. I'm just glad that it's intermittent and not persistent. Right now I can live with it because I know it's just a short spell at a time. Let's put it that way: if it was achilles or knee pain, i. e. something to stop me running I'd be much more annoyed :D

Good luck for parkrun and your upcoming half marathon.

I'm in luck tomorrow for parkrun, i. e. they have enough volunteers so I can run for a change. Looking forward to it.

What: nearly 13 miles
    Why: miscalculated my route, ran by my house and couldn't be arsed to do an extra loop, so it's only 12.5
    Last hard: heavy legs today (expected after I did leg work at the gym yesterday)
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: yes

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Bruised and a little swollen but works ok. 

Did 4 miles
  • What's half a mile amongst friends chicksta?

Glad to hear it Gobi.
  • Glad you are ok Gobi. Did think of you as well as the wall of course.

Have a good parkrun tomorrow Chicksta.  Good you can run this time.

12k d&d, timed it so the wind had dropped and there was just a bit of drizzle.  Found a solution to not having access to Wales or WP: made my own batch of welsh cakes.  Yumm.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Received March's code for sportsshoes.com and it works! New shoes ordered: 10% off plus free postage. I saved £13 on an already discounted shoe.

If anyone wants the code message me!
  • 2 swims (500m + 475m) followed by yoga. Appraisal between swims (all ok)
    To complete Polar Bear Challenge.
    Last hard: swims today
    Last rest 14 February
    Lyrics not a clue

Good miles Chick

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus