Saturday 2nd March 2019 You walked into the party

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Training
Morning!

Another poor night's sleep, although an improvement on yesterday.

Lyrics: You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht

Yesterday's lyrics were, being St. David's Day, from a Welsh woman (no, not Poppy!): Shirley Bassey, with Big Spender. In fact the first Welsh person to have a number one. 

And for those trying not to be big spenders, if you message me I can send you a code for 10% off at sportsshoes.com, plus free postage. Let me know if you didn't get your codes LMH and WP

What: possibly short and easy and possibly fitness suite

Why: me, me, me. A friend (or I should probably now say, ex-friend) sent me a video clip of someone running in the LFoM in Hyde Park. It seems to be a little fat old man wearing my Alehouse vest, and to make matters worse he is wearing my purple racing shoes with the purple sparkly laces! The bounder, as they used to say!

Well done to the bakers and Polar Bears!

And hopefully we will be saying well done to parkrunners and racers this weekend. 

Must see if I can get a little more beauty sleep.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you managed to get some more sleep Alehouse. Purple shoes with purple sparkly laces sound lovely!

Well done OH. I didn't realise there was a medal and certificate for completing the challenge. Nice looking Welsh cakes too.

What:             short and easy
    Why:              it's what fits on a Saturday
    Last hard:      looking at the weather forecast for the next few days
    Last rest:       27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done oh on completing your crazy challenge. Nice medal too!

What: tailwalking at parkrun followed by brunch with a friend
    Why: gets me out to parkrun whilst I can't run
    Last hard: my ankle exercises. I'm bad at doing them!
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you got some more sleep Ale.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope parkwalk goes well, Emz. And it ok tomorrow. Did indeed manage another hour or so of sleep.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks for code Alehouse:-)
    Sorry to hear you are struggling to sleep.

Em: good luck with parkrun duties;-)

Oh Nice medal and love the Welsh Cakes

I have got Alun back to full health again and find I have achy limbs and a very sore throat so going to dose myself up to nip it in the bud.

What: 6 miles
    Why: All body wanted to do
    Last hard: Getting out of bed and achy limbs
    Lyrics; Yes and did not know that about Dame Shirley.
    weight loss: 1 lb :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good weight loss, poppy, despite the Welsh cakes. Please don't get ill again.

Congrats OH. That is one crazy challenge. But a very nice medal.

Were your cakes nice, Hazel?

Hope you enjoyed parkrun, em.

Ale: how dare the imposter wear your sparkly laces :D

LMH: our weather forecast must be similar yours. Pretty miserable all of next week. May have to brave the gym.

Rubbish night for me too :( drove to parkrun for a 7 mile warm up but totally failed to get warm. Cold, wet, windy and body wasn't up for greatness today. Parkrun in 23:30 sticking to the lower end of my LT pace which was all my legs were up for today. A little over 10 miles bagged.

A man was walking a ferret on a leash in the park today :# very bizarre sight

What: see above
    Why: break from volunteering
    Last hard: convincing my legs to work
    Last rest: 23/1
    Lyrics: yes, I'm on a roll 💪
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Park walk/run was good. 46:40. Only thing I didn't like was the mother forcing her very reluctant and unhappy daughter to do it. I felt I'd momentarily joined the army!
    Nice brunch after too though ate way too much!

Chick that's a good pace as part of a 10 miler.
    Poppy no more getting ill please.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

Seems that knee bashing and not sleeping do not correlate to poor running

What : The big W , course pb, age group record and new best wava at Bedworth parkrun and miles d&d 
    Gym then bike ride PM
    Why: I love it
    Last hard: very much today
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no

Numbers-17.20 For 83.75%
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow Gobi, that's impressive. Would love an age 8x:xx graded result.

Em: Forcing kids to parkrun is not right. Dunno what some people are thinking 😡
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Afternoon!

Well done Gobi: I make that four wins in one run! And Chick

And you do know the lyrics I'm sure, Gobi: it is something you said the other day about loving yourself, or similar, that brought them to mind!

• parkrun (26'24)
    It's Saturday
    Last hard: completing Polar Bear Challenge yesterday
    Last rest 14/2
    Lyrics no

Impressive WAVA Gobi! :)

That damned bounder, AH  ;)
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ale - later in the day and yes you are right I do know them

Just got another pb.  Not sure how long I have been  in the bath but a record :-)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening,

pacing at Swindon parkrun 25 mins (24:59 result), plus some miles

Got my dad down, and bizarlly local non league game was against the team where I was dragged up... so we had fun, befor the big match tomorrow.... he is a Chelsea fan so will be good, last time we both went to a Fulham Chelsea match was 1983.....

Take care all
  • Yor cakes look very good OH, as does the medal.  Well done on the polar bear challenge.

+1 to the sparkly laces Ale. Hope the extra zzz will help you get better fast..

Well done on the weight loss WP.  Get well soon!

The cakes were nice Chicksta, can't post a pic as they have been eaten, with able assistance from OH. Good parkrun time.

That poor kid emzap. Good way to put her off sports.

Wow Gobi very impressive!

Well done also to parkrunners OH and RFJ.

What: nowt runningwise, plenty of walking out shopping.
    Why: race tomorrow
    Last hard: selecting a new pair of running shorts
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: yes

Enjoying the athletics but just distracted by the cat arriving home with a mouse and missed the ladies 60m as a result.