Monday 4th March 2019 - What's all that commotion going on?

Morning.

Lyrics - What's all that commotion going on?

Living dangerously with your travel plans OH!

Sooner rather than later I think from the sounds of it Alehouse, you really should be seeing an improvement by now.

Great that you're able to build the distance RFJ. How is the new job going?

Cold and windy here this morning and the forecast for the next few days isn't looking very nice. Roll on summer!

What:           hopefully a MLR
Why:            trying to fit the miles in
Last hard:    being enthusiastic in the weather
Last rest:     27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Motion and Heart by OMD.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Happy Birthday, Don! Hope you are well!

What: short and easy

Why: not well, but seem to be improving. Certainly not well enough to run with M73 for our usual Monday morning get together.

Looks remarkably calm here but just been seeing the weather reports: snow in Cumbria and 70 miles an hour winds near WP!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad that you got out for a nice LSR yesterday LMH - how is the back today?  Hope the conditions are not too atrocious for your MLR.  On reflection I'm happy with yesterday's results. 

Not good it is taking so long Ale, shame about missing your outing with M73 but it seems wise.

Good progress RFJ. 

Have a nice long run today OH.  For me living in Switzerland (and probably for your daughter too if she is still UK nationality) I'm relieved that the UK and Switzerland have already signed a deal for those living in the other country - everything is to stay as it is.  Don't know how travel will be affected.

Is Don a "missing" poster on here?  Happy Birthday if you are reading!

Nasty for WP - hope she is ok though if she is lurgified she might not be going out anyway.

Have a good start to the week everyone.

What:  short recovery
    Why:   freshen up the legs after yesterday's efforts
    Last hard:  yesterday
    Last rest 2.3.

Lyrics: no.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, HazelDonaldo is a long term poster on here but not seen since January. Suspect he is just getting back after an injury, although that is just guess work as it is as good a reason as any not to post! Glad you are happy with yesterday! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done Hazel. That's a top performance in less than ideal conditions and you should be happy with it. Oh, I hate runners breathing down my neck making weird noises. Love the goodies and the changing facilities sound perfect.

Taking about missing posters: where's Benjy?

LMH: I admire your ability to do back to back LSRs and MLRs. Hope your back is improving.

Glad you're improving, ale.

Decided on a rest day yesterday. This toothache is driving me insane. It's almost constantly there now and I had to resort to painkillers. Dentist tomorrow. Joy. But at least I should know what it is and be able to do something about it.

Severe weather warning here with heavy rain, thunder and strong winds. Headed out for 9 or 10 but stayed close to my house in case the rain came. It did after 5 and I just about managed to outsprint it.
    That's gotta be enough for today.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Morning

Hazel : Well done on your race yesterday and great to have cheese and shower gel so much more useful than a medal and tshirt!!

Ale: We are lucky we had strong winds over night no damage, but nothing this morning apart from rain;-)
    Shame about your outing but best to be careful.

Happy Birthday Don will see if he has run on Strava....He ran 8 miles yesterday with knee strap.

Chick: I hope tooth settles for you:-(

What: Nothing/walked to village for lemsips
    Why: Lurgified
    Last hard: This Lurgy
    lyrics: Nope

But the upside is Achilles seems back to normal for me which is a bonus:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Awol all weekend so belated congratulations to the park runners, pacers and racers
    OH - well done on the Polar challenge
    Hazel - good time & good pacing
    WP - Good that Alun has recovered
    LmH - banging out the miles at the moment!

Saturday was 8miles through the woods and over the trails. Legs very heavy but lovely to be out
    Sunday was 20 miles over the fields with plenty of ups and downs with a couple of ladies training for marathon #1. It was hammering down when I left the house and despite me saying "it will stop in a minute" it didn't , for over 3 hours. In , shower, change, and back out for kids XC league race 4. I do the results so hoped to be safely undercover in a hut. I was but also had the back and forth to the finish field with results, medals and cups. It would be fair to say I had the 'best' of the day's weather on my run!

So, today - easy lunchtime leg stretcher + QoP tonight (postponed from last week)
    Why - recovery + torture
    last rest - 5 weeks?
    last hard - perseverance yesterday
    lyric - think so
  • Good to hear that you are feeling a bit better Alehouse.

I'm glad you are ok with yesterday's race Hazel.

Hope the dentist can sort you out chicksta.

Sorry to hear that you're still ill Poppy.

That doesn't sound like an enjoyable day Dustin!

Happy Birthday Donaldo if you're reading.

It was dry here this morning but march of the wheelie bin windy and I had a tough and slow run but managed to get the miles in.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

Wp, sorry to hear you are poorly, glad achilles has settled though

Alehouse sorry  to hear your chest is still not good, hope it continues to improve though

Hazel, great racing!! What a goody bag!! Sounds great

Lmh good lsr, hope todays mlr is good too and back eases up.  Love the march of the wheelie bin comment I saw lots of that yestetday

Hazel enjoy the short and easy

CHicksta, oh I do sympathise with the tooth!! I hope you get answers tomorrow

Dustin wow wow wow that is some training! QoP may have some work…

My park run went well Saturday, 40 secs quicker than the previous week same course. half marathon went well, finished strong, fastest mile in fact. But the right foot was pretty bad from about 5 miles and I need to sort that.

What: 18 mins recovery jog this morning
    why: yesterday 
    last hard: yesterday (legs not too bad)
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    Sad news about Prodigy's Keith Flint :-(
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Well done hazel what a great result

What: club
    Why: need to see people. Will do run/walk
    Last hard: parkrun. My legs ached a lot after!
    Lyrics: nope

WP hope you're feeling better soon.
    Wabo good running there
    Dustin a lot of weekend miles
    Rfj glad you had a good day out with your dad.

Have a lovely evening all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. 49 today!

I always read but my running is poor and I am struggling so prefer not to post.  Perhaps seeing light at end of tunnel! 😀

Hope all well with everyone. 
  • I hope you feel able to join us again soon Donaldo.

Is your ankle improving emzap?

Glad you had a good weekend Wabo. Hope you can get your foot sorted.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you, Don! 12 months to get fit for the new age group! Keep reading...and running!
  • 21 + 3 miles D&D (SLOW)
    Needed some endurance training 
    last hard: that was
    last rest: yesterday 
    lyrics no.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    That's a fair few miles banked, OH! Well done! 
    Hope the club was fun, Emz!