Wednesday 6th March 2019 Everyone has gone away

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Training
Morning! Although it is definitely still night! 

Lyrics: Everyone has gone away
Can you hear me? Can you hear me?

Great win, Wabo! I imagine you were somewhat apprehensive going into the match!

What: probably another short and easy run

Why: all I can do; whilst yesterday's was better it showed I am nowhere near right so I will be trying to get a GP's appointment later. 

And in other news, I am officially an old man as of today, i.e. today I qualify for my state pension, at 65 and 9 weeks, which I guess is a lot earlier than most people these days! No money for another week though!

And as it is still night, hope the coughing allows some more sleep.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Hounds Of Winter by Sting.

I didn't know about the nine weeks Alehouse. Don't spend it all at once! I hope you managed some more sleep. I was woken at 0300hrs by the wind and rain.

Heavy rain and strong winds forecast today and the next couple don't look much better, I'm not sure if I'm going to get the miles I wanted run this week. I also need to decide whether to risk my back at the gym this afternoon, it's definitely better than at its worst but still an issue sleeping, carrying and bending and I can feel it when I run which all sounds as though I definitely shouldn't take it to the gym but as you all know I don't enjoy the gym so I worry that I'm just letting myself off. Hmmm, I shall ponder.

What:           I'd like a LSR but it will depend on how tired, wet and miserable I get
    Why:            53 days
    Last hard:    sleeping/healing
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics - I think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I enjoyed yesterday's pancake talk and also indulged - with considerable assistance from my OH. 

Ouch to the root canal treatment on Friday Chicksta. 

Hope the GP appointment works out Ale.

Conditions don't sound nice for an LSR LMH.   

What:  a few flat miles later
    Why: standard Wednesday run after yesterday evening's hilly one.
    Last hard:  not eating a stack of pancakes before going out for yesterday's run.  They tasted all the better afterwards!
    Last rest: 2.3.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick - yikes, but best to get the tooth sorted
    LmH - hope the run gives you what you want
    Ale - congrats on the official ancientness! I fully expect my pension age to be pushed back towards 70 (quite rightly given how long we live these days..). On the flip side, I dropped off the forms from my wife's first employer as she can take pension payments from 55 (September). Bless those private schemes!
    All this talk of pancakes is making me hungry - I missed out completely yesterday 

What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - 7mile LTP yesterday
    Last rest - 21/01
    last hard - yesterday
    I'll not lie, on a drizzly night and with 8 of the group on the Manchester mara plan (5x800s) I did think about ducking the 7miler. To combine the groups, we use a 1200m residential flattish loop, so 8-10 laps for the LTPers. The slower group set off for 6 miles, I think only a handful contemplated 7. 
    First few laps OK (apart from not starting the watch for a whole lap) and first 3 miles were within a few seconds of 7.00 m/m pace. Halfway through and I was seriously thinking of stopping at 8 laps (~6 miles) but lapped a few of the slower runners who kept going, miles 4 & 5 were 7.0x, mile 6 slipped a bit with a 7:10, and the last mile was a case of hanging on although that ended up being a 7.15. averaged about 7:06 I think which I would have grabbed with both hands before we set off.
    As always, you're always glad when you've done it. No more LTP sessions on the schedule, let the speed reps commence!
    *Edit - 4 hot cross buns this morning, in lieu of pancake deficit.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Sounds like a decent session, Dustin. And I don't mean on the hot cross buns. 

Managed a couple of hours more sleep, and also managed to  get a GP appointment for 10.00. Helpful that it is with one of the doctors who runs, I hope!

Also have my bus pass (and for local trams and trains) although this has always been a sore point as those in London and Scotland, for example, can get one at 60, which seems unfair.

Hope you didn't get too wet and miserable, LMH! It will no doubt rain here when I set foot out the door for the surgery.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    More steroids (5 days) plus x-ray booked for this pm. 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I missed yesterday so will have to check on pancake situation but Dustin you did not have any:-( But glad the HCB made up for it today :)

Ale Ooh bus pass and State pension do not go too mad with it when it arrives;-)

What: 3 mile walk with tiny little 1 min runs x 5 towards end
    Why: Because I wanted to see if I could
    Last hard: this Lurgy
    lyrics: yes

I feel another 2 days as on my chest peak flow is low if I am lucky!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Hi

Congrats Ale :¬)

What: nothing AM MTB ride PM

Why: thinking about Sunday

Last hard: not sure really solid work Monday but real suffering was Saturday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: I believe so again !!!

So would you believe I skill that may involve flour etc.. I wanted to be a chef when I was a lad. Invited to a friends last night and knocked up 2 loads of batter with people looking on as I cooked etc...

Can't work out if they were more impressed by the fact I never measured anything or the fact I was able to knock up the batter so fast there wasn't even a break in pancake output :¬)

I had enough that I could do traditional and just mad flavours :¬) (I feel very fat)

Tomorrow my daughter and step daughter are coming to visit and I will do pancakes again. I believe I have one more booking after that.

I may get VERY fat over the next few weeks :¬)

• I'm sorry Dustin that's really poor form -you must try harder on the pancake front!

Nice skills Gobi.

Glad you were able to get out and do something Poppy.

I bet those pancakes tasted good after your run Hazel - you wouldn't have enjoyed them half as much if you'd had them before - and you'd probably have got to 'enjoy' them again during the run - or is that just me?

I really hope these steroids do the trick Alehouse and that the x-ray is clear.

Whilst it unexpectedly rained on Grace and I a couple of times during our morning walk it mostly stayed dry for my run and the wind wasn't as bad as forecast either. I set off having decided that the minimum I would be happy with was 16 miles but as I settled into a very bimbly Forest Gump pace and was quite happy I kept extending it - eventually arriving home moments before a heavy rain shower with 22 miles on the clock, my longest run of the year so far. No speed but that's fine, miles in the legs are more important just now and most importantly of all I enjoyed the run.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: just completed 3.3 km run 1.5 min walk 1
    Why: it was time to up the run segment
    Last hard: that.  I had to walk a run segment as started feeling a bit faint
    Lyrics: nope

Dustin, I'd have expected you of all people to rejoice at pancakes :P  Glad you made up for it this morning.  I woke up last night when my OH got home and told him I was hungry so he offered to make another batch of pancake mix in the middle of the night!  He wasn't joking either, but I stuck to toast that time!

LMH what a great result for a bimble.

Ale what did the x-rays say?  Hope it's good news.

Hazel nothing more motivating than a nice stack of pancakes to get you out running :)

Gobi pancake wizard!

WP be careful.

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done LMH!
    And progress Emz!
    Take care WP!

X-ray results a week to ten days.
  • Hoping for your swift recoveries AH/WP
    Nice long miles LMH
    Track shortly (but wet and cold)
    It's Wednesday
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Sunday

Enjoy the belated ride AH!
    I quite enjoy getting a free ride to or from a training run.

Our orthopod asked if I was having troubles with a hip as I got up at the educational meeting this morning. I think he might have been disappointed when I responded that if I was, it was self inflicted! 😉
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice pancake talk.

Gobi: hidden talent - who'd have thought :smile:

Emzap: hope you feel less faint now

Glad you got the planned miles in, LMH

Was that a chest x-ray, Ale? That's a long wait.

Well done, Dustin. That's the most horrible session of the plan.

Hope you're on the mend, poppy.

Hazel: nice post-run reward

What: 12 mile MLR
    Why: least horrible day of the week
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    ale, congrats (i think) :-)

No pancakes here, not because Im good, we were just busy

3.25m on the treadmill yesterday

5.2m inc 18 x 150m intervals off 150m rec today

Take care all
  • Progressive track this evening (10:03/9:39/8:35). Pleased enough with that after long run on Monday.

We forgot pancakes but youngest daughter is keeping tradition going in Zürich.