Options

Is the 'Forum' going?

Is it just me, or has 'Forums' disappeared from the menu bar above??

Is this beginning of the end …….
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Still there:

Is that what you meant?
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    It's not on the banner anymore but from the home page if you use the drop down menu it's still there.
  • Options
    Yeah I noticed this and it worried me.
  • Options
    I was referring to the fact its disappeared of the banner

• Options
    YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    They keep adding and taking this away from our Profiles:

Suggests they're still developing the forums.

• Options
    1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭

It looks like the main content of the RW UK site is now being hosted off the .com domain, it used to be on .co.uk so if you click this (which is where that content used to live):-

www.runnersworld.co.uk

You end up here:-

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/

The forums however have always been hosted on yet another domain at:-

https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk

And they are still there. The forums service is provided through a piece of bullet-in board software called Vanilla, not the same tech as the general RW content pages which is probably why it was plonked on a different domain originally. So there will be some tech decisions to make on what to do about that, if anything. Are they part way through a transition to .com or are they finished and this is how it'll work from now on etc?

That's what you can outwardly see. Are they going to keep the forums going? Hmm, that's another question. It will in theory be generating some kind of advertising revenue, but if they take away the link from the headline banner the stats on number of consumers dropping by are going to plummet making it unattractive to the sponsoring companies to continue spending on it? If you don't draw in enough dosh to keep paying the bills the bayliffs usually move in, cash in what they can, and turf you out, don't they?

• Options
    I struggled to find it too
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    The incredibly populated forums we had a decade ago have certainly long gone.

You only have to look at how little movement there is on most of some of the tabs.

Luckily there's still a lot of major training threads with a lot of regulars going.