Thursday 7th March 2019 - Well baby, better take my advice

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - Well baby, better take my advice

What was that about emzap? Hope you're feeling better now.

What:            easy miles
Why:             miles, miles, miles
Last hard:     I don't do hard
Last rest:      27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Morning!

Early this morning LMH! I would have known my lyrics!

Yesterday's were "Old Man", Randy Newman, although I prefer the Art Garfunkel cover version.

What: short run and long fitness suite

Why: Thursday

Chick: 7-10 days seems a pretty typical wait time for x-ray results (and bloods etc).

RFJ: the new job seems to be suiting your training!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Maybe short run
    Wet and windy
    Last hard Monday
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics no
  • Ahhhh - the 7 mile LT run Dustin - P&D?  Well done for getting it done. Hmm to the HCB!

Seems a long time to wait for your xray Ale.

Good cooking skills you have Gobi.  Enjoy the second batch of pancakes today.

Great 22 miler LMH - nice to read that you enjoyed it so much. 

Not so good on feeling faint emzap. 

Well done on fitting in that MLR chicksta. 

Nice progressive trackwork OH

Hope you enjoyed your intervals RFJ.

What:  not sure - supposed to be doing LT intervals but OH's wet and windy is supposed to arrive here later today as well. (wet already has) and hip quite niggly yesterday. (better today)
    Why:  on the plan
    Last hard: looking at the forecast for the next few days - don't mind wet but I don't like wind.
    Last rest: 2.3

Lyrics: no

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    great cooking skills Gobi - if you're passing....?!
    Lmh - nice miles
    Hazel - hope you get the LTs done. Our plan is broadly P&D but has been tinkered with over seasons.

What - easy running, coaching the U11s, hoping on the track
    Why - easy Thursday
    Last rest -21/01
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - possibly

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Funny Dustin I am in the south this weekend :¬)

What: 18 x 200 progressive on the treadmill, last effort was at 2.45 perkm pace. I felt strong. d&d -  MTB ride pm
    Why: I have dreams
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: again I think so

Prep for pancakes round 2 is done

In other news my club track plans are still very undecided, being self coached makes it hard so I dont think I suit clubs. Now looking to see if I can just join the vets associaton and run for me.

Simple solution is just to join my local club but they may never see me. I have met them twice and be on track once and I did that alone.

• 5D&D. Stayed dry but very cold and windy.
  • Cold and windy here too OH.

Hope you can get out before the bad weather hits Hazel.

Enjoy pancakes take two Gobi. You could always join one of the online running clubs if needed?

I usually wait a while then give in and look for lyrics if no one else has started the thread Alehouse. How are you feeling today?

Is there a chance you won't get to use the track then Dustin?

This morning's run was a slog - not helped by the wind - but my pace improved as the miles passed and legs feel better for it, wish I could say the same for my back - doesn't seem to be improving much. I think I can feel a lump on the rib that seems to be at the centre of it (Mark things he can feel it too) and it's painful to press as well as when I move/breath deeply but I'm not sure there would be anything the GP could do and don't want to take up an appointment if I'm right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    therefore no point LMH - it was about finding a home to represent at VETS league. I need to join a team that is in a league :¬0
  • Afternoon

What: 0.5 walk/0.5 run for 4 miles ended up 2.75 miles run and 1.6 walk;-)
    Why: Virus on chest and pF low
    Last hard: This Lurgy
    Lyrics: Nope

I started well  half a mile walking then running  x 2 got bored walking so walked 0.3 then ran 0.7 till the end;-) I think a few more days like this unless I feel better;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sensible WP

Just walking and ankle exercises for me today.

A lump on your rib doesn't sound good lmh...hope it's nothing serious.

Have a lovely day all.
  • Misunderstood Gobi - sorry.

Good that you're getting better Poppy.

Thing is I don't remember any impact emzap so can't think what's caused it. Are you feeling ok today?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    No stress LMH I did imply just joining . West Midlands vets is a team without a club so to speak or so i believe and need to investigate
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh still wobbly but ok. 

Maybe worth getting it checked if it's not gone down in a week or so?
  • That is a good idea Dustin - Gobi could you go on a cooking tour please? 

Nice reps Gobi.  Hope you get your club situation sorted soon.

Rib sounds a bit strange LMH. 

Good plan on the run-walk if you are still lurgified WP.  

Is the ankle starting to feel better emzap?  How many weeks is it now?

Intervals d&d (20mins / 16mins with 4 recovery): should have postponed them really as I knackered myself fighting against the wind.  I used a bit of field track up and down a ditch (approx 1km loop) with mostly a crosswind but the gusts were really tough nonetheless.   With WU and CD 10 miles in total. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hazel: That's a tough session, especially out in this weather.

LMH: Lump sounds strange. I hope it's nothing sinister.

Gobi: good to feel strong on the TM. I've never done 200s...

Poppy: That's a persistent lurgy :(

Ale: Guess I'm just spoiled by our health system. Xray results are more or less instant here. MRIs too, but there can be a await for an MRI appointment, depending on which body part.

What: just 4 miles with 5k at LT pace in there (treadmill)
    Why: slept badly and ran out of time so I figured I'd do quality rather than quantity today
    Last hard: tootache
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: yes

• Thanks for the concern guys but as it seems to be part of the rib rather than attached to it and is sore to touch as well as when I move I think it's unlikely to be anything sinister, it's just taking a long time to get any better. Mind you I can't rest it of course if I want to breathe, move etc  :)

If the wind was anything like here I'm not surprised you found the reps tough Hazel - well done for getting them done.

You can get almost instant results here too in some circumstances chicksta (like in A&E) but non-emergency ones will go in a queue to be reported.

Doesn't sound good emzap - do you have a virus or something?