Friday 8th March 2019 One pill makes you larger

Morning!

Lyrics: One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small

Late start to the thread: I guess LMH needs a rest from setting the lyrics!

What: another short run

Why: still taking the pills to try to get my peak flow back to near where it should be. Still not happening. Stomach muscles are sore from all the coughing: don't think they have worked this hard for years!

Yesterday was World Book Day, hence the lyrics are my costume related. Suspect I have used these lyrics before.

Not seen Wabo for a few days, never mind Benjy.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Aha, just beat me to it, I was just about to post...

Hazel - great session, well done
    LmH - track gets busy, so not always guaranteed, but we managed to get 3x800s done.
    Gobi - we're in the (southern) vets league....

What - easy run
    Why - easy Friday
    Last Rest - 21/01
    Last Hard - Tuesday

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Run, Run, Run by The Who.

I thought I'd better give you a chance as you said you had lyrics Alehouse. Really hope that you feel better soon - this has been dragging on far too long as it is. No sign of SC for a very long time either. I still wonder what happened to Birkmere (is that the correct spelling?).

Glad you managed to find space on the track Dustin.

Hope the root canal work goes as well as possible chicksta.

Chilly here this morning but still at the moment so once I've defrosted I shall wrap up and get out.

What:            hopefully a MLR
    Why:             the road to London
    Last hard:     being so slow compared to this time last year
    Last rest:       27/1

Lyrics - I believe I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm in the midlands Dustin
    LMH- how are you ?
    Ale is back and I don't know the lyrics :-)

What: easy run at lunchtime 
    Why: little back off before Sunday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest : 31st October
    Lyrics: nope

Pancake 2 - return of the chef

10 were made and demolished by the young people, I had 2. This was a success as my weight has not dramatically risen and obviously because my pancakes are awesome :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    I am here Alehouse... in fact I didn't realise but could have started today's thread! I had lyrics at about 6.20 and thought, oh it will be up and running... Enjoy your short run.  Oh these lyrics!!! tip of my tongue
    Gobi enjoy the easy, I made eggless, in fact vegan pancakes! They were good
    Chicksta, oh sorry to hear about your tooth :-(
    LMH enjoy the LSR!

Don't know why I have been awol, just have! My tooth is settled but for how long I don't know.  I had my follow up about the BCC under my eye, waiting for an appt now to have more extensive removal :-(
    Nothing to worry about but it needs to be taken away
    What: 30 mins with a buddy, nice and easy later
    why: fun
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Lydd 20 on Sunday, I am not going to lie, it is going to be hard but necessary.  Podiatrist appt on Tuesday next week
    Have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I think I know these lyrics, I am going to google....
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no I didn't ha ha 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    quick catch up, emzap hope you are ok after feeling faint
    Gobi, you've been at the pancakes all week!
    alehouse, I was so happy after weds game!! Congrats on the pension, 65!! I am shocked seriously, looking good.  I will have to wait until I am 66 grrrrr

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Wabo! Lydd 20 does not sound fun to me! Friend (Watford fan) phoned so I am off to see Man City host his team tomorrow evening, followed by a trip to the alehouse. And you are most welcome to start the thread of course! 

Talking of which, have cancelled my usual Friday night trip to the Griffin: not well enough! Whatever ailment I have is driving me daft: first felt ill around Monday 18th Feb, so that is coming up to 3 weeks, and if anything I'm sure I'm worse than before I started with it! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It must be serious Alehouse!

I'm holding together thanks Gobi - might have been round for pancakes had I known you were local though I'd have needed gf ones:-) I think it would take more than a couple of pancakes for you to gain weight!

Just a MLR for me today Wabo. Sorry to hear that you need more surgery for the BCC but good news on the tooth. I hope the weather in Lydd on Sunday is better than we have forecast. Keep it easy and you'll be fine I'm sure.

Quite nice out earlier in a chilly and bright kind of way (it's grey and the wind is picking up now with heavy rain forecast) so although still slow I happily bimbled round sixteen miles - and had to talk myself out of doing more, it's not always a good thing.
  • Strange sorts of pills in the lyrics Ale.  Diet and anti diet.  I hope that some sort of pills will work for you soon!

Hope that Chicksta has survived at the dentists.

Good to see you back Wabo, but not so good regarding the BCC.  Good luck for the Lydd 20.

Seems you timed it well for your outing LMH.

What: recovery 5 later
    Why: tough run yesterday and another planned for the weekend
    Last hard: wind yesterday
    Last rest: 2.3

Lyrics : no
  • Heading out for swim. 7  miles run over local hill earlier. Yoga this evening. Busy day.
    Keeps me out of mischief
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics sound Lewisian but no
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH- I gain weight very easily and I mean it is scary how badly I go up.

Wabo - I'm allergic to egg so have to watch the quantity but still won't make vegan pancakes. 

I'd rather be ill from too much egg :-)

Run was lovely, seeing sub 8mm pace in zone 1 feels good
  • Afternoon

Late one from me but still not feeling great and very tired.

Ah I can empathize I gain weigh very quickly I only have to look at something and bam 2lb heavier!

What: 4 miles running/0.5 walking
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: this tiredness
    Lyrics: i do believe it is a yes

I have pancakes American style for breakfast at weekend with blueberries yum yum I really look forward to them.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lol gobi, I don't eat eggs, I am not vegan but I ran out of milk and only had almond! They were good as it happens
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh to lose as easily as I gain Gobi....
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH at the moment the weather looks good, hope it stays that way 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Weather here is not good! Supposed to stop raining on Monday morning! Soaked during my short run. And I daren't get on the scales. 

OH: lyrics are Lewisian as in Charles Dodgson!
  • Another that seems to put on weight by looking at food - but lots of miles means I can eat more cake. I have a serious cake habit:-)

Wet and windy here and worse forecast for the next two days <<sigh>>

Great that you've been able to extend your run today Poppy. Hope you feel less tired soon.

Enjoy the easy Hazel. I've been very fortunate with the timing of my runs the last few days.

Eggless pancakes really aren't all that bad Gobi - have you tried them?

I take it you haven't got weather making the sea rough then OH?

I can have real milk but I prefer the almond (the unsweetened one) or coconut so use those for most things.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH - in life one has certain rules and traditions,  pancakes are a certain thing and removing a primary ingredient is not on my options list :-)

I don't want not bad, I have spent years preparing some of the best batter I know and spoiling my friends. I don't want to change :-)
  • Fair enough though I don't think it's right to dismiss something without trying it.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
     I posted this morning but got suspicious when I didn't get any notifications.  post hadn't worked! So below what I wrote earlier!

What: walk done maybe a short run later
    Why: playing it by ear
    Last hard: 2019 has not been easy so far!
    Lyrics: not sure of the song but can guess what you dressed up as ale

Pancakes sound good again Gobi. You in West Midlands? There's a few Leagues round here depending where you are. Think my club runs in 3 of them.

Chick hope all goes well today.
    Ale fingers crossed you are back soon.

Have a lovely Friday. 
  • Breezy today but big winds forecast for tomorrow. One of our first season swimmers swam right around the wreck (400m) for the first time today.
    Still needing full winter wear for running.