Running Shoe Recommendation

Hi, I'm looking for running shoe recommendations.

My current road shoes are a pair of Inov8 Roadclaw 275 V2. I'm very happy with the shoes expect for the high tab at the back of the heel which rubs into my achilles tendon when I'm doing tempo or long runs. What I like about them is the low 6mm heel drop and not too excessive cushioning that gives my feet a feel of the ground but still giving sufficient support and energy return.

I'm looking for a replacement similar to the Roadclaws for road running, half to full marathon distance, 1:40ish half marathon, 40-50 miles per week. I think I'm suited to a neutral shoe. It's been years since I've worn any of the more mainstream brands like Nike, Asics, etc, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Anyone have experience of Saucony Kinvara? 

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks 
Karl

Comments

• CrazeeTCrazeeT ✭✭✭
    Your really best going to a recommended shop and going on the running machine for analysis, shop Near me videos you in your current shoe then videos you in different others. The last thing I'd do is buy a shoe on someone else's review  
  • Hi. I'm new on this forum, and searching shoes for running outside. Need something universal, for all surfaces, and different times of the year. Planing run from spring to autumn. Also I need another shoes for gym. Maybe I'm gonna run on machine, or exercise with bike, or maybe not run at all, so need something comfortable and cheap. I'm planing buy both from sportsdirect.com. Any recommendations, links, personal experience, brands, models and etc. is welcome. I don't know budget, but for better shoes, I can add more $. Also what gear I should buy to running outside, in rain, or cold conditions?

Thanks, and sorry for english.
  • > @Blitz said:
    > Hi. I'm new on this forum, and searching shoes for running outside. Need something universal, for all surfaces, and different times of the year. Planing run from spring to autumn. Also I need another shoes for gym. Maybe I'm gonna run on machine, or exercise with bike, or maybe not run at all, so need something comfortable and cheap. I'm planing buy both from sportsdirect.com. Any recommendations, links, personal experience, brands, models and etc. is welcome. I don't know budget, but for better shoes, I can add more $. Also what gear I should buy to running outside, in rain, or cold conditions?
    >
    > Thanks, and sorry for english.

Unless you live in the UK, I would highly advise against ordering from some of these (endclothing.com). Although they might have nice shit, it is an absolute bitch to send something back if you don't like it/it doesn't fit. Ended up just resorting to selling a brand new barbour jacket on ebay after it was returned twice back to me trying to get it back to london on thames. Wherever that is. Shipping was also something like 80 bucks. Not worth it.
  • Since I cannot post a thread I will ask here.

Are there any running shoes made for wide feet and a high arch?

My father is having a hard time to find shoes that will fit his feet. He tried a bunch of different models from different brands, but so far no luck.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Solist - yes, there are several brands that do wide fitting shoes.  Some brands also have models that are wider than others too.   Shoes for high arch, look at neutral shoes.

I would advise going on some of the online retailers and use the live chat to ask what models would suit, or you could phone them.   
  • > @stanmorek said:
    > Hi, I'm looking for running shoe recommendations.
    >
    > My current road shoes are a pair of Inov8 Roadclaw 275 V2. I'm very happy with the shoes expect for the high tab at the back of the heel which rubs into my achilles tendon when I'm doing tempo or long runs. What I like about them is the low 6mm heel drop and not too excessive cushioning that gives my feet a feel of the ground but still giving sufficient support and energy return.
    >
    > I'm looking for a replacement similar to the Roadclaws for road running, half to full marathon distance, 1:40ish half marathon, 40-50 miles per week. I think I'm suited to a neutral shoe. It's been years since I've worn any of the more mainstream brands like Nike, Asics, etc, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Anyone have experience of Saucony Kinvara? 
    >
    > Appreciate any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks 
    > Karl

I’ve only ever walked a marathon, but I did it in running shoes. Back then I wore Nike Air Max Plus tuned air running shoes. They were very well cushioned but not very breathable. Today there is no doubt in my mind that if I did another marathon I would choose Nike Epic React Flyknit shoes, possibly with Protalus insoles to help my flat feet. Epic React is light, amazingly cushy but still stable, and the Flyknit is highly breathable as it is literally knitted and therefore full of little air holes.
  • Hi I have recently released a product to keep your trainers clean and protected when running or walking especially with winter coming you should take a look and see what you think. <div>
    </div><div>Instagram - thesneakercover
    Www.thesneakercover.com</div>