Monday 11th March 2019-I had a friend was a big baseball player Back in high school

Morning,

Lyrics:I had a friend was a big baseball player back in high school

Cold this morning but at least the 50 mph winds have gone!!

I am with Chick on heated seats;-)

Come on in and report how you are doing SC and Benjy!

What: Running
Why: Because I want to
Last hard: 50mph winds yesterday and trying to walk 
Last rest day: 10/03

Back later

ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

You seem to have sent the winds my way Poppy! Hope you're able to enjoy a run this morning.

We are forecast high winds for the next few days (40-50mph+) and I picked up a couple of niggles from yesterday's run, my right hip and my right big toe which required minor surgery last night and this morning. Wore my usual socks and shoes so not sure what caused it, Mark thinks it may have been because my feet were wet for so long. I'm wondering if it was the toe pain that caused the hip, perhaps I subconsciously altered my gait when it started to hurt? The plan in my head was for another big week this week then a lighter one next week before Ashby but I'm thinking I may have to adjust that.

What:         will try some easy miles and see how everything feels
    Why:          see above/wind is getting worse as the day/week progresses
    Last hard:  working out the best thing to do
    Last rest:   27/1

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope the niggles come to nothing, LMH

Lyrics: I'm sure I should do

Wonder how Wabo got on yesterday.

What: around 30 minutes, possibly with M73

Why: that will represent progress. Last time I ran half an hour was three weeks ago today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I've decided not to run this morning Alehouse. I feel rough and can feel my toe and hip walking and it's cold and windy out so it would be another slog. I'm hoping to feel better and maybe get out for a short one after work but will see how I go. Hope you enjoy your run.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds wise LMH! Was thinking that a gentle swim or sauna or similar might loosen things if that is possible. 

Blustery and bright at present, which probably means it will be pouring when I set off in half an hour!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - sounds good with the hospitality. Prawn sandwiches?
    Poppy - glad you're feeling better, likewise Chick, sounds like the tooth issue is improving?
    Gobi - well raced yesterday
    Lmh, Chick decent mileage too. LmH wise decision today.
    Hazel - zippy progressive run. Do you follow P&L online plan? I'd be ken to take a look at how it differs from our P&D one.
    Hope Wabo's 20 went well..

For me a lighter weekend of running - 8 Saturday morning through the woods. Was like a swamp in places. Then into London with Mrs D: japanese for lunch, theatre in the afternoon, evening diner at Festival Hall with another couple. Managed another 13 first thing Sunday morning over the fields for more swamping, and took in a river crossing too (through the water). 
    Today - 5 easy at lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 21/01
    last hard - getting up early yesterday ;-)

• Great race result Gobi well done.

Well done also to anyone running in yesterday's conditions in particular on long runs.  Very windy and wet here too I was glad to have a rest day!Hope the niggles sort themselves quickly LMH.

Hope you can do the half hour with M73 Ale.

Dustin: yes I am P&Ling (HM, sort of a mix between the to 47 miles and the to 63 miles plans - taking the harder sessions but reducing the overall mileage a bit).  Nice weekend you had.

What: lunchtime 6-7 with strides
    Why: Nothing too heavy yet after Saturday's effort
    Last hard: firing up my enthusiasm for working this morning
    Last rest: 10.3

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

30 mins d&d. The watch tells me it was easy...
    Inevitably got wet. Glad I had someone to run with!

Not a sandwich in sight, Dustin, not even of the prawn variety! Very much "fine dining". 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Sounds a wise move to me LMH

What: 5 easy d&d 5pm gym and bike ride , all easy
    Why : it's z1 day
    Last hard : yesterday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: I believe so 
  • LMH: That sounds a very wise plan for today:-)

4 miles for me chest still bad but fastest for the course so I must be getting better:-)
    Weather is great here although cold :-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 13 and a bit in wind and hail showers (modified KHM route)
    Work Tuesday and Wednesday
    Last hard: completing Efudix treatment for sun damaged skin on scalp
    Last rest yesterday (complete)
    Lyrics not a clue!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well raced yesterday, Gobi.

Ale: how did the run feel?

Glad you're better, poppy

Sounds like a good weekend, Dustin

LmH: If you're resting it must be bad :( Sorry to hear that. I do hope it's short lived and that your sensibility pays off 🤞

What: 6 sluggish miles plus s&c
    Why: I seem to have turned into a rather sluggish one pace pony over the weekend
    Last hard: staying motivated
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Edufix treatment does not sound good, OH! Have had some concerns about the risks of skin cancer since my friend parkrunfan had an issue: 
    http://runningonaraisin.blogspot.com/

I really should get used to running in a cap. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Wabo didn't get on yesterday alehouse.  I didn't even go! I checked the weather, 50+ mph winds and where the 20 was is flat and exposed so I just said no. Went out alone and got blown about, sacked the run off with only 9 miles under my belt.  Feet so bad. Podiatrist in the morning so I will see what is going on :-(
    Alehouse, I am applying block every time now since mine was confirmed.
    Chick, we could run well together then! I am the same!
    OH, must wear hats for sure
    nice running pops, hope you are fully better soon
    Gobi  easy but plenty going on
    hazel  yesterday was a good day for a rest! Hope lunch time went well
    Dustin sounds a good weekend! 
    LMH ouch, it makes sense you may have caused the hip because the toe hurt! Take it easy

What: 2.3 miles easy this morning , hour walk with a mate tonight
    why: because
    last hard: this morning (yesterday really)
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh and alehouse, I am very very fed up with football....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a very wise decision yesterday, Wabo! And I understand your football frustrations! I think you are very wise with the sunblock, also.
  • I'm confused - why was it hard OH?

Sorry to hear that you had the bad weather too and missed your race/long run Wabo. I hope the pod can sort your foot issues out. I'm wondering if it's my back to blame as it's the side that I tweaked (which is still hurting).

It will come back chicksta.

The wind had dropped a bit by the time I'd finished work and walked Grace and my hip felt better so I did a few easy miles - which started very slowly but picked up a bit. More minor surgery on toe required afterwards but nothing else felt any worse. Forecast for the rest of the week is pants - not sure how much running I'll be able to get in, looks like a bit of an enforced rest week.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    I use my buffs for protection, very rare I run with out one :-)

Football... haha... going down.. and cant wait..... :-)

Tonight, short, sharp and fast, 2.25m tempo run just in daylight.... (16;15)

Take care
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I've seen the cuts RFJ you need bubble wrap not buffs !!!