Tuesday 12th March 2019 - Love me, love me, love me, love me

Morning.

Lyrics - Love me, love me, love me, love me

Another wild and wind disturbed night here and the forecast for today is not looking conducive to a run outside - mind you tomorrow is even worse...............

What:           will depend on how bad the wind is before and after work
Why:            if I'm going to run I need to be able to stay on my feet
Last hard:    having to compromise my training this week
Last rest:     27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Another wild and wind disturbed night here also! Hoping the weather improves by late afternoon, as forecast.

What: short run, long Pilates

Why: Tuesday, and work gets in the way.

Whilst yesterday's run was better it did show that I am not quite right. Will get there in the end.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nasty regarding the skin treatment OH - hope you are ok.

Bad luck about the race Wabo but in those conditions I understand your decision totally.  Hope the podiatrist can do something to help you today.

Wish I could send anyone in need of decent weather mine for today, cold and clear with one day of little wind.

What: some more LT intervalls
    Why:  taking advantage of the weather today and away at the weekend so my only chance this week.
    Last hard: -
    Last rest: 10.03.

Lyrics hmm.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Wabo - sensible decision, and don't beat yourself up about it
    OH - yikes, hope the treatment is working

What - Club night 5x600s
    Why - Marathons, marathons
    last rest - 21/01
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - possibly
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    It may have been windy but I sleep like the dead.

What : bike am d&d bike, gym, run and haircut pm - hopefully 
    Why: I need a trim
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest:  31st October
    Lyrics: I think it's my song :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    gobi I am with you, somehow I seemed to sleep through it all last night! Enjoy all of the above and the haircut!
    lmh do stay on your feet! Lyrics no
    Alehouse enjoy your short and pilates - you will get there
    hazel have  a good session!
    Dustin enjoy the club night 
    thanks all for race comments

So podiatrist said almost immediately that what I have is Hallux Rigidus - stiff - fused big toe joint.  It makes perfect sense to me, and has been ongoing for years he thinks.  I guess this upping of training for Brighton has just caused it to be a real problem for me.  He checked my running shoes and said remarkably they are so evenly worn. Anyway, I think I will buy some inner soles and see how they go, off the shelf sort.  He mentioned MTB  shoes, v expensive and rocky. I do believe that Brighton should be my last marathon and I should then just enjoy no more than half marathons. Anyone know about Hallux Rigidus?  Might go see my sports fizz he is always helpful.
     What: 1 mile d&d
    why: its a rest day
    last hard: sunday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Take care have a good day all
    RFG i saw your comment!!! 
    ;-)
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MBT shoes I mean
  • Working today and tomorrow (after none in February). Badminton later.
    Just filling in.
    Last rest Sunday.
    Lyrics no

Efudix works by provoking an intense inflammatory response in damaged cells. Imagine going out and getting your scalp seriously sunburnt on 21 successive days ...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ooh OH!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty nasty, OH. Hope it's effective.

Wabo: I have hallux rigidus in both big toes and just ignore it. Some days it's more sore than others but all in all I can live with it fine. I just can't wear stilettos anymore (or any other narrow, heeled shoe) but that's a caveat I can live with. Running is more important than sexy shoes ;)
    Pod said it can be operated. What they do is fuse the joint with metal but it means weeks and weeks off your feet. I wear Hoka shoes (the model I have is called Tracer) and they seem to do the trick. Mine don't have this massive rocker sole like some of the other models and are very light and bouncy.

Hazel: LT intervals, joy! Jealous of your calm weather

Ale: one step at a time. At least you're running again.

LMH: Last year we were challenged with snow everywhere, this year it's this pesky wind. I wish we had nice weather in March for once … hope you manage a decent run

What: 11.5 miles done
    Why: least horrible day weatherwise
    Last hard: being blown about is beginning to lose its appeal
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta, great advice thanks. Mine is playing up with higher mileage.  I will look into the shoes you said.  As for stilettos and narrow, I haven't worn them for years! Running doesn't allow it and I dont care same as you! lol, I'd rather dr martins :-)
    Its my birthday sunday and I keep being asked what I need....

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta do you go for a size bigger than normal shoes?

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Can't beat an old pair of Doc Martens, I agree :)

In running shoes (no matter which brand) I always seem to need 1.5 to 2 sizes bigger than my dress shoes. So UK size 8.5 for me despite wearing a 6.5 and very occasionally a 7 in normal shoes.

You should perhaps try them on if you've never worn them just to get a feel.
  • Sounds as though finishing the treatment should have been a relief rather than a hard then OH or did you mean getting through the 21 days was hard? I hope it's worked.

Wabo - I have very stiff big toe joints though no formal diagnosis. Like chicksta I haven't been able to wear heels or narrow shoes for years. My physio quite often works to mobilise the joints a little.

chicksta - the snow was easier than the winds we've been experiencing the past few days. I've struggled to stay upright walking at times. Fortunately this morning it was back down to just gusting 30mph plus so I was able to run though I got soaked.

Sounds like a busy day Gobi.

Isn't that quite short reps for marathon training Dustin?

Nice to have the weekend away to look  forward to Hazel. Hope the weather was good for you today.

Definitely better here now than this morning Alehouse - hope you have a good run.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I can't wear stilettos either ;)
    Being lazy tonight!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Skipped the evening bike. Just wanted to relax after the gym.

I wore stilettos for 4hours straight when I went to Rocky Horror