Friday 15th March 2019 - My love is on the line

Morning.

Lyrics - My love is on the line

Unusual for us to get the wind and you to be ok OH - enjoy. 

Even worse today - forecast to be gusting at 50mph by 0900hrs and more by 1000hrs, there's no way I will be able to run in that so I guess if it's as bad as they say I shall be forced to risk the treadie or heaven forbid take a rest day. Don't they know it's only six weeks until London on Sunday?

What:               whatever I can manage without breaking myself (hopefully)
Why:                impending marathon that I should be in peak training for
Last hard:        running
Last rest:         27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Tired Of You by Foo Fighters.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Blustery here, also. 

Lyrics: no

What: short run

Why: still not well. Peak flow is fine but am still full of catarrh. Nearly four weeks now. Need some sun on my back!

Pay day times two today: work plus the first 9 days of my state pension. Spend or save? Going to both France and Portugal for a few days each within the next month so will be saving my pennies for those,  I guess!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Emz - ooooh how exciting! Very pleased for you , maybe your little one will share a birthday with me....
    LmH - I know the conditions are poor but a missed / shortened day will be of little significance come race day. 
    What - easy run or rest, comedy night at a local pub tonight - how many Brexit gags..???
    Why - down day, halfM on Sunday, Mara in 4 weeks
    last rest - 21/01
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - possibly
  • Today's hard: hearing news from Christchurch. :'(

What: will see what day looks like (not great so far)

Lyrics no
  • Terrible news OH.

It's not just one though Dustin - I managed a LSR Sunday but have only run shorter since:-(  Hope you have a nice evening.

I with you on the sun Alehouse - no prospect of that for me at the minute.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Stunned by NZ news today

Congrats Emzap - your life has it has been is over :-) 

MiniG is 18 in 2 weeks :-0

Chicksta I have run a 2.59 km which is 4.48 mile pace

What: easy run d&d
    Why: easy Friday 
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest : 31st October
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    first of all Emzap!!!! WOW what lovely news, it all makes sense now
    I didn't manage Yoga last night, it was just one thing that had to go
    terrible news from NZ, utterly shocking :-(
    Gobi, enjoy the easy
    LMH, the wind is looking really bad tomorrow when I have to go out for about 19 miles.  No choice I have to do it whatever the weather as I missed last weeks! It is playing havoc isn't it.  Hope you do manage what you want
    dustin too many brexit gags I bet!! 
    alehouse, oh dear I wish you better really soon, 2 pay days is nice though

My birthday on Sunday so that is why the long one must be tomorrow - I am doing the club handicap on sunday though (5 miles) be interesting....
    what: 30 minds gentle later
    why: turn legs
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

last nights was an easy 45 min recovery
    have a great weekend all, i hope to!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Happy Birthday for Sunday, Wabo! Sounds like a tough weekend! Hydration might be needed!

What: 25 minutes struggle. 

Why: very little of me was working properly. Got as far as Burnage parkrun (for OH): photo taken from the steps, i.e. looking back down the course. Will be a few weeks before that course is used, although they now have an alternative. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I hope you have a great birthday Wabo. Could you not maybe take a half day's leave and do your long run when conditions are better? They can be hard enough let alone when you're battling the elements too.

We have flooding here too Alehouse and the wind is the worst it's been. Frustratingly it's been dying down overnight and picking up again in the early hours. I decided there was just no point in trying this morning so retired to the gym where I managed a comfortable hour on the treadie.

Are you racing this weekend Gobi?

Sunday is forecast to be a bit better - I do hope they're right.
  • Happy Birthday for Sunday Wabo :)

What: 6.1 miles
    Why: Because I can no better reason
    Last hard: The wind/NZ news
    Lyrics: Yes

I think we are doing better down here with the winds the worse seem to be over night.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Shocked by the NZ news too :o NZ of all places! Never expected anything like this could happen there...

Forecast for Sunday's race is worsening by the hour. Looks like it'll be wet as well as windy. Sigh. As it's no A race I may just cut my losses and jog round the course as a training run. At least I want to pick up my certificate for completing the series :)

Ale: that looks bad!

Wabo: oh dear! 19 miles in this is a pretty nasty prospect. I hope you can find a window where it's less severe.

LMH: You have plenty of long runs bagged. Even if it's hard to digest mentally (we always want to do more, don't we?) I'm sure you'll be fine with a slightly easier week this week.

What: bouncy 5 mile recovery run
    Why: a suitable albeit small gap between blustery showers
    Last hard: Looking at Sunday's forecast / coming to trms with what happened in Christchurch
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: familiar
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Terrible news from NZ.

What: 2km, all running!
    Why: I wanted to test ankle
    Last hard: that! I was out of puff at 7:20/km! 
    Lyrics: nope

Hope for all racing and long running at the weekend you stay dry and the wind isn't too bad.  Tail walking tomorrow so hoping the rain stays away from Worcester until 10!

Oh can't hide from everyone! 3 months is a long time to keep quiet!

Ale how's the chest?

Little one is already a runner, it wouldn't stop moving it's little legs during the scan.