Saturday 16th March 2019 - Into this house we're born

Morning.

Lyrics - Into this house we're born

Not the first two lines of the song as that would give it away. I'm running out of lyric ideas so someone feel free to step in, it's not exactly an early start this morning!

Hope you can complete your race series on Sunday chicksta.

Wet and windy here this morning but hopefully runnable if only for another short one. Have a friend staying so will need to work around him.

Benjy has been missing a while now and Alex has disappeared again. Have you 'seen' SC around Alehouse?

What:         hopefully a short run
Why:          I want to
Last hard:  coping with the wind this week
Last rest:   27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Sick And Tired by Anastacia.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

LMH was first to post! And I know the lyrics!

Have noticed SC in parkrun results: seems to be slightly below par, but not horrendously so!

What: will jog around parkrun

Why: a run in company. Will be the longest run for over 3 weeks!

Emz: take it easy! Was that a 16 week scan? Re chest, peak flow is good and x-ray was clear; still a considerable amount of catarrh, and my legs won't work: still something lingering.

Alex, OL, Don, Benjy, Pammie, SC (and others): please pop in!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I was too slow, LMH :)

We go with yours then.
  • I thought I'd waited a while chicksta - you should beat me tomorrow though if you're up early to race.

Good to hear that your x-ray was clear Alehouse and that peak flow is improving. I hope you've enjoyed parkrun. It's windier than I was expecting here again this morning. I can't say I'm relishing the thought of running in it but I'm not particularly keen on resorting to the treadie again either.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Well, that was grim! Paddled the whole way round parkrun in horizontal rain. Highest position for a long time...in the slowest time.  Often 500 to 600 at this one; doubt there will have been many more than 200 today. Hard work! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sounds like similar conditions Alehouse - it's gusting 48mph here at the minute according to the Met Office Alehouse with more rain due. I'm thinking a run outside probably isn't a great idea/going to happen so maybe just a few on the treadie with my gym programme.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Good news re. chest x-ray, ale and a nice parkswim ;)

Horrible conditions, LMH :(

I thought I would stay dry on my run but the rain caught me about halfway through. The worst of the storm blew itself out overnight. But the next one is about to hit tomorrow.

What: 10k with 2 @ HMP (well, it was effort rather than pace)
    Why: getting race ready
    Last hard: feeling enthusiastic about tomorrow
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Go well tomorrow, Chick

Wonder how Wabo's long run went. Hope it was relatively dry. Still rain here and is forecast to do so until 11 o'clock tomorrow morning!

Only 231 at parkrun today instead of the usual 500, and only 10 under 20 minutes instead of the usual hundred! 

What did you decide, LMH?
  • Parkrun (no untoward weather)
    Amnesty fundraising cakes afterwards
    Saturday and nothing else planned until swim later 
    Last rest Thursday
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Wabo - happy Birthday!
    Ale - good news about the xray
    Chick - good luck
    Well done those that battled elements this morning

What - 5.5 miles easy
    Why - tick over, half mara tomorrow
    Last rest - yesterday in the end
    last hard - thinking about 13.1 at something like a decent pace tomorrow...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: tail walking followed be extra (walking) km totalling 15 km
    Why: didn't realise I'd done so much extra
    Last hard: waking up. Got home and fell asleep for 2 hours!
    Lyrics: nope. I'm not great in the mornings still so I'm not up as early as normal at the mo

Ale 12 week. Have another at around 20.

Very windy here but no rain.

Good luck tomorrow chick and Dustin and any others racing.

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Easy does it, Emz! You are excused the mornings at present!

Another parkrun in the bag, OH! Buying or selling cakes?

Fleet, Dustin?

And it is still raining. Looking at the river I would not be surprised if they have to open the flood gates.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good luck, Dustin.

That's loads of ks, em.

Been raining all day here too, ale. Tomorrow will be a windy mudfest :/ but hey, it's the effort that counts.
  • Which half Dustin?

Not too much rain here today Alehouse though we have some heavy stuff going through at the moment but it did stay silly windy and Mark decided to go ot the gym so I did a progressive seven miles on the treadie - strangely enjoyable again.

I hope you get a break in the weather chicksta.

Have you been baking much lately OH?

That's a fair few miles on your feet emzap. I wish I could nap.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh since being pregnant it is a skill I've refined! 

Really didn't mean to walk that far, I guess getting to and from stations and short walk in town was further than I thought!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

What: trailx offroad duathlon - 5th overall 3rd vet.  90 mins at the top of zone 4 and into zone 5. 
    Why: I was just there to support a friend.
    Last hard: see above, I am battered
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: I think so
  • Today I was just sampling the bakery! 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    good news ref xray Ale

Have a god Half Dustin

Newbury parkrun the wind... very hard plus some miles

Recovery food tonight with the Oxon Crew (only 5 of us left now which inc Gobi, always good to catch up) 

Take care