Tuesday, 19 March 2019 - I doublecross you

Morning :)

Sorry to hear that, LMH. Maybe age is finally catching up with us? I'm still deluded of course ... despite not running any PB since 2013 I'm kinda still hoping... if not for a PB then at least for a good performance but they've been non- existent since January :(

Lyrics: I doublecross you
And you get mysterious mail

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Change The Weather by Underworld.

I'm not ready to admit defeat yet chicksta:-) I PB'd at 51, there's hope for you!

Weather forecast is better again today and I have an unexpected morning off so I intend to take advantage and bimble some more miles legs willing. I plan to front load this week in an attempt to get the mileage back up but also be fresher for Ashby. May make the gym this afternoon rather than leave it until Friday (my next opportunity) depending on work).

What:           I shall try for a MLR/maybe gym
    Why:            miles
    Last hard:    finding my form
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics - no. 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long Pilates

Why: Tuesday

Hope the weather is better today. Yesterday it rained from ten in the morning until ten at night, and probably beyond looking at the puddles. Still raining now. 

When you get to my age it is about posting some decent WAVA scores and being competitive within one's age group. Not doing very well on either as yet!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    I'm 52 and think that PBs are possibly behind me, but then I look at times run by some club mates on Sunday (that I was beating 2-3 years ago) and think, well maybe. One did a 1:24. 
    I'm thinking of skipping marathons and instead focus on 10k-half Ms which require more speed / threshold sessions than pure mileage. 
    Like Ale though , I look at wava and age group position instead.

What - Club session, 1km reps
    Why - Marathon Schedule
    last rest - Friday
    Last hard - Sunday
    Yesterday was 5.5 easy recovery (it didnt feel easy even if I barely got under 9mm)
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    PBS- I think in the period since I was told to stop running so nothing before 2014 exists. No hope of a real PB .

I did last year run my fastest 5km since 2014 last October and my Wava for 5km is actually higher than my all out PB!

What: bike work d&d run and legs PM
    Why : back on it
    Last hard: Saturday 
    Last rest: 31st October
  • After a forum free long weekend and a hectic day at work yesterday (server crash and still not back up and running :/ ) I need to read back thoroughly, just a skim read for now.

Belated congrats to emzap! Take care.

Belated happy birthday to Wabo.

Awful happenings in NZ.

Glad to hear the xray was ok Ale.

Great duathlon result Gobi.

Well done on turning out for your half to complete the series despite the conditions chicksta and that isn't a shabby result anyway.  

Good HM result for Dustin too. 

At just turned 45 I'm looking at achieving decent results within my age group but I haven't given up on the PBs yet (2 last year)

What:  out with the group this evening (hopefully)
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard:  getting things back to normal at work
    Last rest: Sunday

• Morning

What: 9.21 miles
    Why: Because I can no better reason :)
    Last hard: Virus 
    Lyrics Nope

I was so pleased longest run post virus nearly in double digits and it felt easy:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Trying to keep my optimism. Hope Ashby goes well and provides you with a much needed (and deserved) boost of confidence.

45 is the best age for PBs, Hazel. All of mine were run then. Of course there's always WAVA.

Poppy: brilliant run from you, well done.

What: a little shy of 13 miles
    Why: no rain for once and just breezy instead of silly windy. Cold though!
    Last hard: finding motivation
    Last rest: 3/3
  • A much better weather day here Alehouse - hope you get the same.

Building back up nicely Poppy.

Hope work isn't too stressful Hazel.

I'm hoping/planning to PB at 52 - could be deluding myself of course.

chicksta - to be honest I've sort of written Ashby off. Eyes on the main prize and all that I'm banging the miles in this week (though planning an easier end of the week) and am going to take whatever comes at Ashby, it's five weeks after that I'd like to have the run of my life so far  :)

Slow this morning - which was expected - but there's nothing wrong with my endurance. Not sure my chances of motivating myself to the gym after work are high, if not I could make arrangements to go before physio tomorrow or there's Friday afternoon though I was a bit worried that would adversely affect Ashby.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    thanks for birthday wishes, had a great one!
    LMH, I would not ever be surprised if you pb! I know I wont now though
    CHick nice miles!
    Wp excellent running 
    hazel enjoy group
    gobi, well done on the duathlon
    alehouse enjoy your short and pilates
    I am 61 now so Wava is all I look at!
    What: 45 mins later with 8x3 mins threshold
    why: schedule
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good Tuesday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse - my long run on Saturday was awful.  Stopped at 14 miles, having had a couple of stretch and walk breaks.  So disappointing.  Anyway that is my longest and Brighton is now under 4 weeks.  I have contacted them and can defer or drop down to the 10k, seriously considering the latter and declare myself done with marathons. 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a walk
    Why: being good
    Last hard: don't do hard!
    Lyrics: nope

There should be a special pregnant wava! I'm at about 35% at the moment!

Wabo that's great you have the option :)

Hazel did you have a good weekend skiing?

Have a lovely evening
  • Wabo - you still have time for a couple of long runs if you want to do the marathon - or even run/walk?