Friday, 22 March 2019 - Well, you asked me if I'll forget my baby

Morning :)

Today's lyrics: Well, you asked me if I'll forget my baby

No idea what happened to spring ... We were supposed to get a high of 15 yesterday but instead it was cold (10 degrees was the max), foggy and windy. Today is supposedly going to get as warm as 18 but I don't think I can trust that forecast :|

37 mins is beyond comprehension for someone like me, Gobi ;)

What: around 9 or 10 miles
Why: it's a good distance
Last hard: possibly parkrun tomorrow
Last rest: 3/3

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters.

Nothing like those highs but it's been warmer here chicksta and has felt so nice without the wind though unfortunately that's higher today and forecast to be picking up on Sunday. Hope you've enjoyed your run.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           easier end to the week
    Last hard:   getting to where I want to be
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Couldn't get up early to do the long run. I'm so tired this week. So decision to make today. It's going to be 10k at Brighton. 
    Hope your run is good chick, I read your post at 5 when I attempted to post lyrics lol
    Lmh enjoy the easy
    What 30 mins I reckon
    Why tired
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Had a lovely time at school mates last night, really I needed a night in if I was going to do that long run
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Decision made, Wabo! Definitely the right option. You have plenty of time to decide about the autumn but after Brighton I would try to keep the long runs going: they are useful for the shorter distances as well, remember. And weight! I need to get back to some longer stuff to shift those pounds. 

Hope your run is very short today, LMH! You have still had quite a big week, I suspect!

What: short and easy run

Why: building back sensibly. Max this week is 30k; before illness I was running over 40, and aiming for 50 by now. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: I'd like to run but hospital combined with potentially crazy work may put an end to that
    Why: I'm meant to be taking it easy... Don't think I can today
    Last hard: will be getting to hospital.  It's over an hour by bus (though a 20 min car journey, I'm not willing to pay over £30 return for a taxi).
    Lyrics: nope

Looks grey and miserable here! No rain forecast but wedding in so bound to rain!  Sorry all west midlanders 

Wabo good decision.  Agree with ale about keeping up the long runs too.

How are you feeling about Sunday lmh?

Have a good day all
  • It's grey, chilly and breezy here this morning too emzap. Hope you get to the hospital without too much hassle. Ashby is a training run.

I bet you feel better for having made a decision Wabo.

As I'm not racing at Ashby this week's miles are marathon training rather than taper Alehouse.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Obviously wedding in was meant to read washing in..
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Grey and chilly here too but we seem to have lost the wind which is so nice.

Em: Look after yourself. Hope the journey is not too stressful.

Wabo: Bet you're glad the decision is now made. Sounds like the sensible option.

I managed 10 miles although my legs were really not playing ball during the first couple of miles. HR didn't want to go up and legs refused to turn. So a sluggish 3 miles, then body woke up and I did 2 a bit faster and 5 at a decent clip (8 mm) feeling quite pleased at the end. Birds were singing gloriously this morning. Would be nice if it was sunny and about 10 degrees warmer B)

Have a good weekend, all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - sometimes its best just to make a decision, so that will be a weight off the shoulders
    Chick - it's great when you get a run like that!
    LMH - correct, I did know the lyric!
    what - steady lunchtime
    why - 23 days
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - Tuesday, or this morning: 117 minute train delay. Wanted to get in early, ended up over an hour late. Typical. I will still run at lunchtime and leave on time!!
    Out with some pals this evening to watch the England game, I'm hoping we don't play like Scotland did yesterday...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I don't feel better about the decision yet, I know I will.  100% agree about the long runs alehouse.  That is the good thing that has come out of all this. 
    Dustin good for you that is how you should roll on a Friday!
    Chicksta - sounds like a good run in the end!
    emzap I hope your day goes ok!

Off to download a half marathon schedule to use for the next couple months...
  • Thought I might have to cancel weekend marathon plans with 50mph winds forecast (imminent)
    However ferry appears still to be going at 2345 (albeit leaving Shetland 2h ahead of schedule to get here)
    Just Yoga this evening
    Last hard: not knowing
    Lyrics topical

I opted out of LK mara last year (to do photography) then watched all the runners go by thinking I could be doing this (knowing that I couldn't!)
  • I thought LK was next weekend OH - sorry to hear that the winds have hit you at the wrong time.

chicksta - it often takes my legs a few miles to join in - it was four this morning!

Pleased to hear that you are still planning to run and leave on time Dustin. I'm sure you give them more than enough time to justify it. Excuse my ignorance - is it rugby or football tonight?

Do you like having the plan to follow Wabo?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I think I do.  Only as I run every day what I did before was too many streak saver runs.  My mileage is higher and I just think I am better with a plan.  Going to park run tomorrow, no pressure. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    football tonight LMH

• Where has the day gone again?

Chicksta I think we have stolen your spring weather - sorry.

Good you have made your decision Wabo and good advice again from Ale.

Hope you had a nice short and easy LMH.

Hope everything's ok emzap re. hospital.  Like the mix up with the washing and the wedding.

Enjoy the game tonight Dustin (also had to consider in what - not up to date there at all!).  Stupid trains and I hope you managed the lunchtime run.

Marathon plans this weekend OH?  is it Loch Katrine already?  Good luck !  Hope the travel works out ok.

Must be a bit annoying having to rebuild Ale, you were doing well on that. 

what: short recovery - 5-6 km planned. 
    Why: shakeout the legs a bit after yesterday's LT intervals (which went very well)
    Last hard:  getting away from my desk but once I have posted this...
    Last rest: 17.03.

Lyrics:  no (I must have the worst results on here for that..)
  • I can give you a run for your money on worst lyric recognition HazelCH  ;)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'll vouch for that, OH:) 
    Have a good weekend and enjoy LK! And I will try to enjoy the Griffin later, probably watching the first half of the footie. 

Hope hospital visit and transport went to plan, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Managed to get a lift to the hospital from a friend (who wanted to show me his new electric car!) and then just had to get the bus back.  Waited an hour for my appointment, to be seen for less than 5 min!  Bus driver asked me if I needed a child's ticket.  Made me feel good :)

Hope your travelling goes to plan OH.

Bit exhausted after all that.  Time for a relaxing evening!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    :)Emz!
  • Obviously not that big them emzap! LOL.

Enjoy Alehouse.

Hope you managed to break away from your desk Hazel.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    A lot of teenage pregnancies round here lmh :joy:
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That made me smile, em 😀

Hope your weather improves for the weekend, OH.

Well done on the LT session, Hazel. Mine were all pretty shit, tbh ...

Enjoy the footie,  Dustin. I also thought you meant rugby 🤦

Good luck tomorrow fellow parkrunners. Looks like I'm going to run too. They have enough volunteers.