Lyrics: I've got to get some sense back into my head

Yesterday's were Johnny Cash, Guess things happen that way

What: parkrun
Why: this week's speedwork
Last hard: that'll be today
Last rest: 3/3

Comments

• Morning.

Enjoy parkrun chicksta - and anyone else participating.

What:          short and easy/bit of carb loading
    Why:            trying to have fresh legs/bit of an excuse
    Last hard:    finding some pace
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: parkrun

Why: long run (by the time I have had warm up/down) with a quicker 5k in the middle. Probably progressive, but won't be too hard!

Enjoy your parkruns/races those taking part.

Enjoy the carb loading, LMH! I need to do some carb off-loading!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Me too with the carb off-loading ale! 

Hope all parkrunners have fun.

What: just walking today
    Why: going out for afternoon tea so want keep my energy (ok maybe the carb off-loading starts tomorrow!)
    Last hard: staying awake yesterday afternoon!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 7k including parkrun

Why: longest run for over 5 weeks. About 24:30 for the parkrun, and it seemed a harder effort than that time suggests. And to put it into perspective LMH will be running 20 miles tomorrow at a rather quicker pace.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • LMH will be trying to run 20 miles tomorrow at a quicker pace Alehouse - and all these things are relative as you well know. 

Afternoon tea sounds nice emzap.

I'm using Ashby as an excuse with the eating really as I think I need to put on a bit of weight. I keep reading all these things from 50+ year old women about how inevitable the weight gain is but mine has gone down for the last few years (don't ask me how given my cake habit) and it's got to the stage where it probably isn't healthy to lose any more - though having said that of course I'm quite healthy (in terms of not catching all the things I'm exposed to through work) and running faster so it's hard to see it as an issue.
  • Hmm did some carb loading without the 20 miles - oops. 

Have a good run in Ashby LMH.

I hope you don't give me a swim for my money OH, I would certainly loose that duel.

Nice parkrun Chicksta?

Enjoy the afternoon tea Emz.

Sounds like progress Ale.

What: progressive long run later ending with some LT km. 
    Why: P&L
    Last hard: yesterday's recovery run.  Legs didn't hurt but they had also forgotten how to run. Strange sensation.
    Last rest: 17.03

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hazel: those recovery runs are the worst sometimes. Hope your progression run goes well.

LMH: My weight is going down as well despite my eating habit. I find it hard to buy clothes these days and because I'm quite tall petite isn't an option. Maybe female runners over 50 go the opposite direction? Mind you, I'm nowhere near your mileage so you must be way skinnier than me ;)
    Best of luck for Ashby tomorrow 🤞

Ale: nice running and a sub 25 parkrun is not to be sniffed at on the comeback trail.

Yum, afternoon tea, em. Salivating at the thought of scones :)

My parkrun was a bit strange. 22:23 for first woman but I'd planned to run quite a bit harder. HR issues again - it was stuck at about LT threshold and I could not get it any higher or convince my legs to turn faster so it would go up. I guess training is catching up with me. This week had a couple of harder efforts in it. Or maybe I'm just a bit shit ;)

Bit of a shame I had no-one to battle. I was sitting in a 22+ mins group and the faster guys were just too far ahead for my uncooperative body. I had a wee race with 2nd female, a vegan runner, but that was about a mile in. One I dropped her I had no more competition.

2 dead even splits (our course is a 2 lapper) and even my usual sprint finish eluded me today.

Still, can't complain. 9 miles in total on another cold, grey and windy day.
  • I'm glad it's not just me chicksta. At 168cm (ish) petite isn't an option for me either and I am very limited in my clothes buying choices. If you can't raise your HR I'd suggest that you are fatigued.

Hope today's run is better Hazel.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Morning,

I seemed to have missed yesterday but I ran 7 miles as short of time.

Chick : enjoy your speed session at parkrun;-)

LMH Have a good race tomorrow we are all rooting for you.

Em:Enjoy the afternoon tea.

Ale:That is great news well done!

Hazel:Enjoy if you can you run later :)

What: 10.11 miles
    Why: Because it has been too long since last double digit run 1/11/18  and before that July because of broken foot.
    Last hard: Realising the above
    Weight loss: 1lb

Mileage for the week 52 miles very happy with that:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ferry wasn't bad at all. Nice sunny morning in Aberdeen for a bit of Saturday morning tourism. Heading on to Callander ...
    Progress is progress AH
    Sounds good to me Chicksta
    Should have known yesterday's lyrics.
    Today's: don't think so
  • Glad you were able to get away OH.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Go well tomorrow at LK, OH

I wasn't disappointed with today's run, just a little frustrated as 5 weeks ago I would have expected to be around and possibly under 23 minutes with a similar effort level. Indeed, the Hyde Park 5k on 22nd Feb was exactly that on a harder course and not running flat out. But today was progress compared with the last few weeks, not least in terms of distance. 

Hope you get a good night's sleep, LMH! May be a little chilly first thing, I see from the forecast. 
  • With the wind picking up as the day progresses Alehouse - but nothing I can do about that. I'm glad you're ok with today's run.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Bit frustrated running-wise at present, LMH! Was going to start my quicker sessions at the beginning of March. Will probably be mid April at the earliest now! Like your possible weather, there is nothing I can do about it!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    52 miles is a good number WP especially if your long run isn't longer. 
    Well done on 1st lady at PR Chicksta. I'm 170cm and fairly but not super- slim and often am irritated by clothes sizing.  Just because I don't have much in the ahem upper department doesn't mean I'm 150 tall.
    Good the ferry worked out OH, have a good run tomorrow!
    Ditto to LMH.
    My progression run was a bit mixed, 2 days isn't enough time to recover from the LT intervals for me and then do 23km finishing at LT for the last 5.  Should know that really.  Crappy pacing didn't help.  Had to reset at 9 miles, with a walk and almost turned to can the run.  Decided to do the distance at least and got trotting again.  The remaining km went well actually and I managed to gradually speed up to do a final km at LT pace at least.  Decent salvage job I suppose.