Sunday, 24 March 2019 - You can walk my path

Morning and happy Sunday :smile:

Lyrics: You can walk my path
You can wear my shoes

Yesterday's were A walk in the park, Nick Straker Band

Good luck today OH and LMH. And Gobi with the pacing job :)

Hazel: Well done yesterday.  A very good salvage job indeed.

What: one final 12 miler
Why: 2 weeks to go
Last hard: Sleeping
Last rest: 3/3

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you enjoy LK OH - and Els too (assuming she's running?).

Hope the pacing goes well Gobi.

It's much easier to give up than to push on Hazel - I think you did well.

Enjoy your last long run chicksta. Hope the weather is kind.

I understand Alehouse but you are running and that could well have been different. Try to enjoy what you can do and keep the faith that you will be able to do what you want to.

What:            Ashby 20
    Why:             I shall wonder as I stand shivering on the start line
    Last hard:     Trying to work out how to prevent any GI issues
    Last rest:       27/1

Lyrics - I believe I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes, and I do hope so!

Go well racers, not least RFJ in Limassol!

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: being careful

Looking forward to reports later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    13 miles on a cool, sunny,  still and beautiful morning B)
  • Oh forgot that RFJ is racing as well today - sorry.  Hope it goes well.

Nice that you got some good weather for your run Chicksta.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

What:  no running today - maybe some cycling - its lovely weather again and I should go out and enjoy it.
    Why:  this week's rest day
    Last hard: getting going again in yesterday's run but I'm glad that I did.  
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no - just cheated and looked them up.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And I meant to say that was a particularly tough session yesterday, Hazel! Well toughed out!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Good running today all! 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Chilly, bright and breezy here with the wind picking up as the morning progressed unfortunately, not like the high wind we had the week before last but enough to make itself known. Anyway, Ashby 20. I was very fortunate to find a nice lady, Wendy, to run with and chat to on the first lap and a very pleasant 1.10.11 was passed until somewhat regretfully I decided that I couldn't just sit back and enjoy the run but should really do as I'd stated and push on a bit for the second lap. I was able to increase the effort and pace despite the increasing wind and gradually work my way through the field to finish in 2.18.54 so not a great negative split and two minutes slower than two years ago (it was snowed off last year) but good enough for fourth woman and first old woman with I think (she wasn't there for the prizes) my companion for the first lap finishing first in the age category below me which is nice. Whilst given the slower time I might have been disappointed with the result I'm actually pleased. I enjoyed the race, felt strong and didn't have any GI issues.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    All good LMH! Well done! Cold and particularly windy on my short run and was thinking that it might affect Ashby.

31.48 (kilometres) for the week...so half a mile less than LMH's run today! Highest for 5 weeks so heading in the right direction, I believe.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Great running LMH

Good miles Ale.

Quick report from Limassol.
    Target was 47:30. Following a slow start... Very congested and set off 10 mins before the official start time... Wierd....
    Went out in 23:56 and was able to pick up the pace coming home with a23:08 for 47:02 official time. 83rd overall and 9th V50.

Mrs RFJ ran well after being lurgyfied for the last week coming back in just over the hour and 14th V50 lady.

A great day for both of us and now we'll on the mend as no issues today. More miles and more lard to shed...

Take care all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Target beaten, so well done RFJ! And Mrs RFJ! Enjoy the rest of the break.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done lmh and family rfj :)

What: walked 2 km to garage, spent 3 hours buying a car, then walked 2 km home. Then just done an hour of gardening
    Why: I'm taking it easy apparently
    Last hard: today has wiped me out!
    Lyrics: nope
    Hazel hope you enjoy your bike ride
    Ale how's your chest?

Have a lovely day all
  • Glad you both enjoyed it RFJ.

A car should make life much easier emzap.

I think it was only gusting mid 20's at Ashby Alehouse (according to the Met) so not really bad.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a strong run at Ashby, LMH. Well done. So nice to have company.

Congrats RFJ and Mrs. Always good to exceed expectations.

No more child fares on the bus then, em 😀 with a car you're a proper grown-up.

Somehow I racked up 63 miles this week. Oops. Time to cut back now.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LmH - well done this morning, still a decent run and all shaping up nicley
    RFJ - good result for you and the missus, enjoy the rest of the break!
    Ales - good mileage this week
    Hazel - progressive run sounded good!
    Well done all the other trainers 
    I wonder how Gobi And OH got on?

What - LSR with some of the village marathon group. Pretty consistent pacing throughout (just dipped below 9m/m), ended up being 22.6 miles with the jog to and from meeting place. Legs restored with a 4 mile round trip over the fields for lunch (and ale).
    Why - last long run (for me)
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - today.
    Legs a bit jaded after 5x400 hills yesterday but pleased to get that LSR done.
  • Well I finished and wasn't last.
    Wet and 25-40mph wind straight down the glen so headwind 0-10m 14-16 m.
    6h17
    Why? Something we all ask ourselves at times ;)
    Last hard: today I think
    Last rest last Sunday
    Lyrics no even after googling.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a well-toughed out day, OH! Hope you enjoy your evening...and can walk tomorrow!

Sounds like a good weekend's training, Dustin!
  • Thanks AH.
    Driving rest of way back up road for 1330 boat is the plan.