Tuesday 26th March 2019 Win or lose, sink or swim

Morning!

Lyrics: Win or lose, sink or swim
One thing is certain we'll never give in

Been up for ages with a dreadful coughing fit or two, hence the early lyrics. Obviously something still not quite right. Can't be if I've chosen these lyrics! Heard them recently and can't get them out of my head. Apologies in advance.

What: short run and longer Pilates session

Why: Tuesday, plus had a harder day yesterday, not least in the garden. And work gets in the way also.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Day After Day - The Pretenders.

Sorry to hear that you're still suffering Alehouse - are you planning to see your GP again?

I think we are currently short of alternative news OH - and sick of the main story. I can't imagine people chasing GFA at Cape Wrath from your descriptions and the pictures I've seen!

A cold start here - we have a frost - where is Dustin's summer?

What:          short and easy
    Why:           sense and work stops play
    Last hard:   trying not to get hung up on being slower
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

Cool but dry and sunny here

What: watt bike efforts d&d
    Run and table tennis PM
    Why: dreams and illusions
    Last hard: today ish
    Last rest : October 31st
    Lyrics: think I do and it concerns me :-)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Gobi: the title of course reflects the mutually supportive thread. Enjoy the ping pong!

Not sure about GP, LMH, as peak flow is high. May talk to a pharmacist later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Alehouse, oh poor you that's not good.  I don't know the lyrics, might google. Take care, enjoy the short and pilates
    Gobi, busy busy you! I 100% will goggle lyrics reading your post..
    LMH enjoy the short and easy, take care 

I cannot believe I have gained over half a stone just in one weekend!! I was so shocked when I got on the scales this morning.  Hey ho, onwards and hopefully downwards...

what: 3 miles later
    why: new schedule new plan
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    the weight gain would come on a week when I will be out twice to eat :-(
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    OH my club does love Cape Wrath, I say every year I want to go again! Was I on tops? Of Snowdon you mean?  I didn't go up this time if that is what you mean.
  • You can't have possibly eaten enough to gain that much weight over the weekend Wabo - it's 3500 extra calories per pound of weight! I expect most of it will have gone again tomorrow or the day after if you go back to your normal habits.

Table tennis Gobi?

Run was slow but legs feel better for it. Have an unexpectedly free afternoon so need to decide whether to drag myself over to the gym or leave it until later in the week when everything has recovered a bit more.

Hope the pharmacist can help then Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH that is exactly what I thought.  Even on a two week holiday I don't gain that! I'll see what the scales say tomorrow, its made me fed up!!
  • Oh that's not so good - Ale.  Good sleep is important.

Brilliant pacing on Sunday Gobi.  Can I book you for my races as well?  Enjoy the table tennis..

Snowdonia is lovely Wabo. Hills can be good things (although obviously hard work!) as you won't be running the monotonous left foot - right foot but have to change gait / cadence.  Half a stone in one weekend seems a lot - maybe water retention?

It must be Spring if you are mowing your lawn Ale and doing gardening emzap.

The servers are currently well behaved emzap. 

How long is it until your race now Chicksta - if I remember right HM in Vienna?

Hope you are recovering well OH.

Well done on the lsr after Ashby LMH.  Hope the quads are feeling better.  Enjoy your free afternoon - be entirely selfish with it and do something for yourself that you want to do?

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 24.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Morning

What: walk
    Why: it's a walk day
    Last hard: trying to get advice on what I can take for hayfever. Buck being passed and no one is actually helping me...driving me mad!  
    Lyrics: nope

Great pacing Gobi.
    Wabo that must be water retention, surely. Or your scales are broken!
    Hazel spring has gone again today!

Did 5km run walk in 33 min lang night so must be doing something right!

Have a great day all
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

LMH - just a distraction as I enjoy the game and fancy fitting in some game time, has been a while I may truly suck now and hate it.

Haze - my rates are a race entry plus coffee and a cake

I am happy to pace anything up to half marathon and any pace from 18min 5km/ 37 min 10km / 80 min half

That said I am in pretty good shape this year so feel that I may actually find a 10km and a half marathon for myself, I don't really run enough to race 10km or halfs but I am curious.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    glad you all said that about the weight, I am completely shocked lol!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sounds nasty Ale, I had something similar overnight - very dry throaty cough.
    A frost first thing but was stunning by 7, even better now!!
    Wabo - you off to the new stadium next week?

What - 5x800s
    Why - Marathon training T-19 days
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - today will be tougher
    lyric - intrigued...but no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap have a lovely walk
    hazel have a lovely group run
    Dustin, you bet I am - bottle of champers awaits that day!!! So excited, though i thing Crystal palace might beat us

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    ps. I can swing my weight by 2kgs in a day with rest and excessive food then back again with high volume and sensible eating