Thursday, 28 March 2019 - Bring me sunshine

Morning :)

Lyrics today: Bring me sunshine

I'm bored of dull and grey ... :(  about time we had a proper dose of spring

Hope your long awaited energy surge is just around the corner, em. My pregnant friends fell asleep on my couch more than once. Or maybe I'm just incredibly boring :D

What: short recovery run
Why: tapering
Last hard: looking at the forecast
Last rest: 3/3

Comments

• Morning.

Glad you're feeling better Alehouse.

Forecast not good chicksta? We have a frost this morning but are forecast a dry, still day. Tapering for me this year is going to be when I'm underemployed because of the Easter holidays which is not a good thing.

What:           easy miles/FiL's 'best interests' meeting after work
    Why:            sanity/moving on
    Last hard:    the FiL situation has made it a difficult year so far
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I hope so!

Yesterday's lyrics were Desmond Dekker with "You can get it if you really want".

Frosty here, but sunny also.

What: will see what the legs 

Why: run to feel. And work first. Last day for until 16th April!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    I'll send some London sun to all parts of the country....
    Looked a lovely break RFJ.
    LmH - hope the meeting goes satisfactorily. Never easy, but I'm sure the runs will help with sanity.

What - coaching tonight, hill reps (I won't be doing many)
    Why - on the rota
    last rest - 17 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - possibly ;-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Chicksta I will bring me you sunshine, or me anyway! I just got a place in Snowdonia Marathon I am so happy!
    Lol re your sofa and friends falling asleep, enjoy your short run
    Dustin, send that sun to Essex please, enjoy your coaching
    alehouse, hope the legs are nice to you
    LMH, Oh I feel your pain about FiL, hope the meeting is not too painful. 
    Emzap sorry to hear you are feeling so tired, hopefully it will ease soon
    Great pic RFJ!! Love it

What: 2 miles d&d am
    why: Yoga later so go easy
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Snowdonia here I come!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Sunny and dry in the Midlands but not exactly warm. 

What : up a hill on the watt bike d&d - UP  a hill on the mtb PM
    Why: it's a Thursday 
    Last hard : today ish
    Last rest : 31st October 
    Lyrics : yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 3 km run. I ran the whole way! No bad ankle effects, a few sore tummy moments which i expect at the moment.
    Why: trying to get back to 5km
    Last hard: sleeping. Was having work nightmares!
    Lyrics: maybe

Lmh hope the meeting goes as well as it can
    Chick it's sunny here but chilly. Perfect actually as the pollen is low
    Wabo Snowdonia, that's exciting :)
    Enjoy your last day for a while ale. I feel like I need a nice long break about now!

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning - was in a bit of a dark place yesterday and didn't want to rant/whinge on here - did enough of that elsewhere.

Chicksta - you can have my sunshine if you will also take the wind (currently 25mph average and up to 40mph gusts and will worsen during the day).

Hope the FiL meeting goes well LMH.

That will be a nice long break from work Ale.

Congratulations on the Snowdonia place Wabo.  Will give you something to look forward to after canning Brighton.

Well done on the 3k emzap.

What: recovery run
    Why: should be doing intervals according to my plan but not in that wind!  Should be better tomorrow.
    Last hard: surviving work
    Last rest: 24.03

Lyrics: no
  • Passing though Englandshire at high speed (LNER)
    On route to Switzerland ...
    Last hard: bending down and tweaking my back 2 days ago.
    Remedial pool swimming and aqua stretching since then.
    Lyrics: yes
  • Sorry to hear you're having a stress time Hazel but please feel free to rant here if it will help. Hope that wind calms down.

Early Easter break Alehouse? Ours isn't until 15th April.

That doesn't sound good OH - hope it doesn't bother you travelling/on holiday.

Lots of sun here Dustin but fortunately no hills:-)

It should be nice weather for it this afternoon Gobi.

Great that you felt up to 3k emzap, sorry to hear that work is stressing you too.

Exciting Wabo - and something to concentrate the mind somewhat! Is your OH intending to run it this year too?

I had a lovely run this morning apart from when trying not to choke on or be blinded by the multitude of flying insects intent on sacrificing themselves! In my windowless room now trying not to think about this afternoon's meeting. I'm not expecting bad things it's just trying to manage Mil afterwards that is most wearing, her selective hearing and getting fixated on strange things makes it frustrating at times. Cake to look forwards to afterwards though:-)

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hoping that it will carry until this evening LMH

Wabo- first Snowdon ?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no Gobi, it will be number 3
    LMH he is having a think about it! Glad you had a good run.  I get that thing you are saying with the MiL, had the same when Giselle was being diagnosed with my sons MiL.  Enjoy the cake x
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Wabo

So I shall quote myself

Every runner should do Snowdon once as it is spectacular but twice is once too many.

Yes I have done it twice :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh my weight is back to 10st 13lb, think Gobi or whoever said hit the nail on the head with water retention maybe!!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope the meeting goes as well as these things can, LMH. You sound a bit perkier. Fingers crossed all things are falling into place just in time for VLM. 

Yeah, Wabo! Congrats re. Snowdonia. You love that one, don't you?

Ouch, OH. Hope it's just a tweak, not a disc-related things. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to back issues.

Hazel: Sorry you're stressed again at work. Being in Northern Germany  wind is a constant. It's just a matter of how strong but we rarely get complete still days. I keep telling myself that the wind is my hills as it's pretty much flat around here. 

Forecast is looking up for Saturday but I believe it when I see it. I made the mistake of looking at the Vienna forecast earlier which is atrocious (cold, snow, wind, rain) but it's still more than a week out so anything can happen and with that I mean improvement. 

Ended up doing 6 miles at a very slow pace (intentional). Must resist the urge to speed up now that volume is going down and legs are beginning to recover. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick I really do love Snowdonia, sounds like  you had a good run!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ha ha Gobi, then you know!! 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I know once is enough is what I know :-)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Not done Snowdon, but may try it one year

Not used to this cold, even though Sunny

Club session planned tonight

Take care
  • My pace always increases as volume decreases in the taper chicksta - I just go with the flow and enjoy it. Far too soon to worry about the Vienna forecast as you say. Are you racing Saturday too? I am feeling a bit better at the moment thanks - though I wasn't on Tuesday. Still a long way to go with getting FiL finally settled but the end is in sight.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sounds as if the meeting went well, LMH. re holidays, I go back for four days and then it is the long Easter weekend. They have brought the holidays forward so that there is more time to focus on getting ready for exams.

I have run the Snowdon hill race (10 miles) and that was certainly enough thank you!

Chick: weather forecasts can change considerably. I am flying to Charles de Gaulle tomorrow and ten days ago rain was forecast; now forecasting a largely sunny weekend. 

What: 5k, just under 30 minutes.

Why: legs were persuaded. First 1.5ks were dire but then they seemed to wake up. Just as I finished I bumped into a guy that used to run for my club, and I was part of his coaching team (that's how we used to operate): sub 4 for a mile and 13: 5X for 5k. He has, aged 55, just started running again: part of the parkrun phenomenon. He was bemoaning the current standards. He also reminded me that I got him into teaching and he has no regrets: now a head teacher. We plan to run together in the near future. 

And take it easy Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.