Sunday 31st March 2019 - When it's not always raining there'll be days like this

Morning.

Lyrics - When it's not always raining there'll be days like this

Nice to see the progress RFJ.

Not a great night for me and I'm tired, taking MiL for afternoon tea with BiL and his partner so a few stress busting miles are called for legs willing. Not sure how many as I'm tired. Last week was my highest mileage of the year so far and I'd like another couple of big weeks before the taper if possible, though most of all I'd like a holiday or at least a weekend away, it feels like a long time since the last one.

Hope any mum's are spoilt today.

What:             easy miles
Why:              not capable of more
Last hard:      saying goodbye to the good weather
Last rest:       27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Long Long Journey by Enya.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Bonjour!

Good weather here! 

What: 5.3k at a reasonable pace

Why: sun seems to speed me up.

Lyrics: non
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Quiet here today!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What/why : been out on the bike since 9am doing a course recce for a race in 5 weeks.
    Last hard: parts of now
    Lyrics: no
    Last rest: yesterday

It was always a gamble and tight with times so to be honest not that bothered about yesterday hence didnt run last night. It gets rid of my last rest day streak which was actually becoming a problem.

• I know what you mean Gobi. I don't and won't streak but haven't had a rest day for a while though now I'm hoping to hang on until the taper though if my body dictates I shall take one before. Was the bike show good?
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I had gone 6 months LMH without any complete days off. 

Bike shows are ok.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Some decent park running yesterday by the looks of things!
    Gobi - my sympathies with public transport letting you down, very familiar with that!
    LmH - I know you thrive on high mileage but don't become a slave to it, certainly if you're mentally tired too.

What - Steady 10 trail miles
    Why - stretch the legs out
    last rest - couple of weeks
    last hard - this weekend. 
    Yesterday was long running with 3x village club runners for their first 20 miler. So the target pace was sub 10s, we averaged 9:48s on a 50/50 road/trail route with a few ups and downs. OK not a 'hard' pace for me, but it still ended up being over 3.5 hours counting the jog there and back to the meet point.

Needless to say the pub in the evening involved more sitting than standing!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wise words from Dustin, LMH. Be careful. Occasionally less is more, especially when you have all this mental stress on top of a heavy training load. Do not underestimate the effect of anxiety. We all want you well and healthy on the start line at VLM 🤞

That's a long time on feet, Dustin.

An off-road race, Gobi? Btw, the Elbtunnel Marathon is back on if you're interested ;) 2nd June I think. I reckon it's like Snowdonia though. One time is enough :) certainly doesn't float my boat

What: 9 miles
    Why: no more double digits for a week
    Last hard: windy again
    Last rest: 3/3
    Lyrics: moi non plus (hope u enjoy Paris, ale)
  • I hear you guys but to be honest I think the running is the only thing keeping me sane.

Nice time on feet Dustin.

Breezy again here too chicksta but not as bad as it was fortunately.

Was it push bikes or motorbikes Gobi?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a walk
    Why: getting out and about
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you're having a good holiday ale :)

Have a great evening all
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Chicksta - went twice and won it twice. Happy to just be part of history now :-)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

7.25m run this morning with no issues, first three with Mrs RFJ who at the end took a really nasty fall... plenty of road rash on elbow, knees and face and damaged pride, but otherwise she is ok.

Looking to build a bit more miles in this next cycle and see how that affects my leg, but feel good and strong at present

Enjoy the Hols Ale

Take care
  • Hope you had a not too stressful afternoon tea LMH.   Can you plan a break for post London?
    6 months is a long time Gobi.
    Nice time on feet run Dustin - hope the pub was fun.
    Ouch for Mrs RFJ, good she is not badly hurt.
    Hope everyone has had a good Sunday.

What:  rest day and an airing of the paraglider for the first time in months
    Why: 88 km week Mon-Sat to finish the month on a total of 208 miles - anything over 200 is quite a bit by my standards.  Need to get some airtime.
    Last rest: today
    Last hard: conquering the nerves at take-off
    Lyrics: no

For Eiger fans, midday today.