Tuesday 2nd April 2019 - I noticed tonight that the world has been turning

Morning.

Lyrics - I noticed tonight that the world has been turning

A rough night here, mostly due to weird dreams involving FiL which with this morning's cold and wet weather may make for a bit of a tough run. Not time for much this morning due to work anyway which is probably a good thing.

What:             short and easy
Why:              work stops play
Last hard:      staying sane and motivated
Last rest:       27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Fool (If You Think It's Over) - Chris Rea.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Rather damp and cold this morning; over the weekend have had temperatures in the early 20s. Snow forecast for tomorrow and Thursday! 

What: short and easy plus long and tough Pilates session

Why: it is Tuesday, although no work until two weeks today! Was going to have a good gardening session but not very inviting at present!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope the dreams don't follow you for too long LMH.  I dabble in hill racing though I'm a much better runner on the flat.  There is reasonably local series of 10 races over the summer and autumn, several from my Tuesday group take part - makes for fun outings.  The races are not too hardcore - generally on tracks and range from 7km with 400m ascent to 14km with 1000m. I've done a few HMs and 2 alpine marathons in the past as well.

Scary parkrun location Wabo.

Hope the travel went well Ale.  Cold and wet arriving here tomorrow as well with a risk of snow on Thursday - typical as we are getting the tyres swapped on our car then (winter => summer)

Nice March statistics posted.

Have a good day everyone.

What:  Group run later
    Why: Tuesday and to sort out the car logistics for Friday's race.
    Last hard:  dealing with a flock of headless chickens at work..
    Last rest: 31.03.

Lyrics: No
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Hazel, too right it is scary! Enjoy your group run adventure woman!
    Alehouse have a good run, assembly league starts this week!  Enjoy your two weeks
    LMH enjoy your short and easy
    Cleo got a distinction in her ballet exam, she doesn't get that from me, my mum called me a fairy elephant!!
    What run done, 3 miles like last night.  Actually no foot problem I just realised but I swapped back to another shoe.
    why: i like
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - hill, trail and fell racing are the most fun events. 
    LmH - I think tapering is more about cutting down on intensity / duration than cutting sessions per se.

What - club night, probably 1200s
    Why - turn the legs once this week
    last rest - 18 days
    last hard - QoP last night. Ridiculously tight glutes which she delighted in easing. I'm sure she sharpens those bl**dy elbows...
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Lmh trains away from normal so Injust assumed the taper would also not be normal :-)

What : bike ride d&d run and table tennis maybe.
    Why: starting to focus on Sunday 
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest : Saturday 30th March
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post yesterday. Did 5.5 km with 3 min run 1 min walk. Longest run since injury.  Then stood on a wobble board one legged with no problems so I think ankle is finally getting there.  Must be careful on wobble board though!

Today will be a rest as hips are sore and I'm meant to take it easy :)

Hazel wow that's amazing but I'll leave it to you!
    Ale nice break?
    Lmh my oh is the same with breaks! Hope your nightmares ease soon, they are horrid.
    Gobi nice celebration:)
    Wabo scary

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning again! Afternoon!

Yes, good break, Emz! Good food and wine! And weather!
    And take it easy!

I no longer do hills and not great on heights either, Hazel!

What: short run so far

Why: legs didn't want to play so shorter than my short was planned!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • My knees don't like hills Hazel - hope you enjoy the race though. Good to mix things up.

Not sure where that came from Dustin? When I taper I still run every day just not as far so no cutting sessions.

Sounds positive emzap. Hope the hips settle soon too.

We were forecast snow and rain for tomorrow Alehouse but it's looking better now.

Gobi - what I do seems pretty normal on the sub 3 thread!

Good news the foot didn't bother you Wabo.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: short walk from Arosa, having overnighted in Zürich.
    Why: travelling and back still sore
    Last hard: most things just now although better day today
    Lyrics no chance

We were seeing similar views of the Eiger but from below (Kleine Scheidegg) on Sunday.

• I was just across the valley from you then OH, I flew from First above Grindelwald and landed there, took the train to Bern there etc.  Hope you had a nice day in the area.  Sorry to hear your back is still sore.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    very nice OH

no to lyrics as usual

Rest day as am very tired as little sleep last night and know that when overtired is when I fall.... so just some rolling and stretching tonight.

Last Night was mapping some beginner routes for club

Take care