Friday, 5 April 2019 - Stella sitzt in Rio - Stella liegt in Tokyo

Morning :)

Lyrics today: Stella sitzt in Rio - Stella liegt in Tokyo

Sorry, they are German but appropriate for today and I couldn't think of anything else.

What: travelling
Why: Long Weekend
Last hard: sleeping
Last rest: 2/4

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morgen!

Liedtext: nein

What: a run of some sort

Why: the legs will decide. They have worked harder the last few days. Weather seems better today.

How was Assembly League, Wabo?

Is your race this evening, Hazel?

Travel well, Chick!

Re sitting, when I damaged my neck I got two "cushions", one for sitting on and one for behind my back; when I fractured my back last year I started re-using them and am sitting on one now: 
    https://www.physioroom.com/product/PhysioRoom_Air_Stability_Wobble_Cushion_Balance_Cushion_for_Rehab_of_Ankle_Injuries_Knee_Injuries/2029/39222.html
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Eldest was planning to stay in Leeds for a year working but I think she has weighed up the cost of renting, utilities, council tax and food versus being at home...
    The little one is youngest in the year so doesn't turn 18 until Aug 31, and thinks Uni this year will be too big a step. She's clearly given it a lot of thought and is keen to build up some experience (life & work) plus save a bit for Uni next year. 

What - easy run
    Why - tapering. Officiating at club's open track meet tomorrow, 16 mile trail race Sunday.
    Last rest - 3 weeks, but yesterday was less than 2 easy miles before coaching the kids
    Last Hard - Tuesday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Dustin: I think that is a very wise idea from your youngest! I have quite a lot to do with students, both as a supervisor on teaching experience and through the uni cross country club: those who have had a year or more out seem more than a year more mature! And better off! The only downside is that some find it difficult getting back into the routine of studying, or so they say, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to the end results. I suppose your eldest is job-hunting?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - As Time Goes By - Frank Sinatra.

I agree with Alehouse Dustin (I work with uni students) a year out at that age (as long as they actually do something with it - whether work or travel) seems to stand them in good stead. Does eldest know what she wants to do next?

Hope you have a good race hazel.

More sunshine and warmth sounds like a good idea Alehouse - wish I could join you! Bright and dry here but the wind is cold and strong enough to affect my run (assuming I get myself out of the door).

Hope you have a great break and race chicksta.

Couldn't access the site this morning but chicksta would have got there first anyway  :) My left knee is niggling this morning and hasn't eased walking Grace so I shall have to see how it is when I run. I shall apply some magic cream and hope for the best.

What:           hopefully a MLR
    Why:            the clock is ticking
    Last hard:    motivating myself out this morning
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics are familiar but I can't quite place them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Gruessech mitenand!

Can we do German today then? Chicksta would probably cringe at the local dialect, the German in Vienna can take some getting used to as well though. 

Portugal sounds nice Ale.  

16 mile trail race sounds fun Dustin.  +1 to the year out for your youngest (been there, done that).

Hope the magic cream works fast on the knee LMH, otherwise not too far today maybe?

Race is this evening - could be interesting considering that there is quite a lot of slush and potentially snow still around.  It is a new one in the series and I am not familiar with the ground we will be covering (tarmac vs forest roads vs tracks for example). 
    We have a full car from my Tuesday group going so it should at least be a fun outing - we don't win many prizes for our speed but I think for the amount of fun we have together we are a long way up the results list.  It is also always nice to see and compete against the same familiar faces - different world to the big anonymous city races.

What: 8km hill race with 466m + / 96m -
    Why: first round of the Jura top tour race series (10 in all)
    Last hard: that will be, haven't done enough hill work
    Last rest: 31.03.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Alehouse, I am sorry to say I didn't go and am happy about that!! I looked at the traffic, bear in mind I have to go from Essex to South London via QE Bridge! It was saying over an hour and getting worse and 37 miles. I went home met OH and ran 3 lovely forest miles.  I found out later that the race was multi laps and only 2.25 miles.  Glad I did what I did tbh.
    I cannot do German, Spanish and French lol 
    Hazel, have a good race, hope it is as fun as it sounds!
    LMH hope the knee is ok 
    Dustin what sensible sprogs you have! Enjoy the easy and the very busy running weekend
    Chick have a great weekend, I think maybe I know the lyrics, even though I do not know German
    Alehouse enjoy your run

what: I'll do something later while cleo has a trampolining taster session
    why: so tired this morning
    last hard last nights lovely run
    last rest: 31/12/16

Cleo amazes me, ballet distinction  now level 4 swimmer and she is level 7 trampolining! Bless her
    Have a great weekend all, park run for me with my lovely club tomorrow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no I didn't know t he lyrics...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Ja wir können heute deutsch reden solang es hoch deutsch ist. Ich verstehe fast kein österreichisch deutsch :tongue:  the one time I went to Vienna they said "Deutsch oder Englisch?" And I mistakenly said Deutsch then got handed a menu where I could understand nothing at all despite speaking pretty fluent German. Was very embarrassing!

Anyway, I digress...

What: 5km run 3 walk 1. Back on one of my old routes
    Why: ankle healing so more confident straying further from home
    Last hard: this year is not easy
    Lyrics: keine Ahnung

Had to get run in today as off to big smoke tomorrow so won't have time over the weekend. Will probably do a lot of walking though.

Hope your knee settles lmh.

Have a great day all
  • Magic cream worked it's magic thanks and I actually enjoyed a much better run than yesterday. I was thinking as I ran that a light heart seemed to make for light feet and hadn't even got as far as the shower when I had MiL on the phone with more bad FiL news. Just when I think things are going to be settled :-(

Enjoyment is far more important Hazel, sounds like a good group you have there.

Enjoy your weekend away emzap.

Cleo sounds like quite the little all round athlete Wabo.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh sorry to hear you've had more bad news
    Cleo certainly is! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Guten Tag!

Good decision Wabo!

What: 6k off road at a very sedate pace

Why: trying to slowly, in two senses of the word, increase the ks. Grey and very windy, neither of which were forecast. 

Sorry to hear things not going well re FiL, LMH but glad you had a better run.

Still in Switzerland, OH? The Griffin this evening for an hour!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    (((LMH))) sorry to hear that. Glad the magic cream worked though.

I hear ya all re. Viennese German. They have some funny words here. Mind you, Schwyzerdütsch is a lot worse ;)

Smart move, wabo.That would have been a waste of time. Cleo is amazing. I've no idea what those levels are but 7 sounds very advanced.

Good luck, Hazel. Sounds challenging. It's lovely to run with a fun group.

Enjoy London, em.

20k walked. Lots of stairs too. My legs are toast. Won't run today especially as it's raining now. It's warm though. We had brunch outside in the sun earlier. Sooo nice.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about fil lmh. You're really due some good news.

Chick I've had an earworm all day of neun und neunzig rot Ballon... Know it's not the lyrics though!