Sunday 7th April 2019 - White man came across the sea

Morning.

Lyrics (for hazel) - White man came across the sea

Nice racing and reporting Hazel.

Spot on Alehouse - new Boosts. I had planned to do my last LSR in them too but looking at the forecast today is the best day for that and I don't usually run in the same pair of shoes two days in a row. I shall have to have a think and decide what's best. With them being new and the chances of another LSR later in the week slight  I'll probably risk it.

What:           hopefully a LSR
Why:            weather forecast is getting worse as the week progresses
Last hard:    MiL/FiL situation (it' staking a lot of my time and mental energy)
Last rest:      27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Tubthumping by Chumbawamba.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes. Something I should do more of!

Thought I had guessed right re the shoes, LMH!

Should have known yesterday's lyrics: Boff Whalley, the lead guitarist, was a decent fell runner.

What: a few ks at the Manchester marathon

Why: why not

Then to the airport for my flight to Faro.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning!

Had to look up the lyrics I'm afraid.  

Have a good flight and enjoy Portugal Ale.  I will do at least 6 of the series as you get a decent extra finisher goody for that.  We have also now put in two teams (3/5 to score in each of the 10 races) so I should turn out fairly often for that though we don't take it too seriously.

Good idea with rotating the shoes LMH - try to do that as well.  

What: probably around 10 miles later.  
    Why: currently indulging in armchair marathoning stalking some forumites around Vienna and Manchester.  Or trying to as the live tracker in MCR isn't working at the moment.  Vienna is on Austrian TV which I am also watching with half an eye.
    Last rest: yesterday

Have a good Sunday everyone.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    1:41:56 with a full blown cold. Had to take it easy ish. Very enjoyable race and great atmosphere. First k took 6 mins, 2nd 5:30 so mega crowded.

Will catch up later :)
  • Oh no - bad luck on the cold and the crowding chicksta.  Recover well, hope you can enjoy Vienna a bit more - weather looks nice!  
  • Sorry to hear that the cold got you chicksta. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your stay.

I usually have three pairs on the go Hazel.

Happy holidays Alehouse.

Back to a ploddy pace for my run today - despite the new shoes:-(
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    thats not bad with a full on Cold Chick, well done

seen a lot of good results from Manchester today

as I did a few miles yesterday, and pacing, opted for intervals today, pyramid, 150, 300, 450, 600, 600, 450, 300, 150 meters of 150 recovery, bizarrely my 600's were the better efforts....

lyrics, feel like I should know them....

Take care and have a good week all