Tuesday 9th April 2019- Where is the spring and the summer

Morning.

Lyrics - Where is the spring and the summer

Cold and breezy here this morning, yesterday was a freak warm one with a high of 18C though it didn't feel like it with the wind unfortunately.

What:            short and easy/possibly gym
Why:             it's Tuesday/should be able to fit it in and Mark doesn't want to go on Saturday
Last hard:     sleeping
Last rest:      27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Just Another Day by Jon Secada.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning! We've got a wet and miserable one here. Hope everyone is well. We had a lovely day yesterday too. The little one had a party at the local Go Ape....so going to have a go after my marathon  I'm avoiding anything and everything at the moment. Definite first time paranoia!! But reading everyone's race reports from the weekend has really inspired me ☺ 

Lyrics: yes....I am a big fan! 

What: short trot round the park 
    Why: taper and fighting of some cold thing 
    Last hard: a hot 7.5 miles on Saturday with one of my nemesis hills! 
    Last rest: on the taper crazy road to Brighton this Sunday eek! 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Bom dia!

Lyrics: no

What: short run d&d, perhaps another later

Why: get a run in before hotel breakfast

Think it will be warm but very breezy. Hoping for a boat trip later.

Good to see you Daisy...and take it easy with Brighton in mind!

New stadium tonight, Wabo? C'mon Spurs! They will probably be showing the Porto game here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    don't know the lyrics but how fitting!
    Alehouse, yes I am going, full of trepidation! Boat trip sounds lovely
    hello daisydoo! Yes I know that feeling of not trying anything new! Very wise
    LMH happy belated for yesterday! Have a good short and easy

Sorry not been around, tough couple of days but they happen!

What: bring sally up challenge done, legs, 3 mile run later
    why: squeezing it all in
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice running at the weekend chick
    poppy glad you are on the mend
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Done a brisk (well for me) 5k in the rain. Avoided cobbles, white lines, manhole covers and tree roots! I'm loosing the plot 😂

Enjoy the boat trip Wabo. 

Good luck on football front.... rugby household here so wrong shaped balls and no knowledge of the offside trap here 😉 

A hot shower now and a movie with the kids me thinks. 

• Not long to go then Daisy!  There have been some good mara and other reports on diverse threads in the last days. 

Have a nice boat trip Ale.

Enjoy the footie Wabo.  Bring Sally up challenge?

Have a good day everyone.

What: Group outing this evening with some solo miles beforehand to boost mileage.
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: eating properly
    Last rest: 6.4.

Lyrics: no
  • I was going to ask Wabo the same Hazel. What's the problem with your eating?

Definitely not the time to try anything new Daisy.

I like a run before a hotel breakfast Alehouse. Hope you enjoy your day.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    No definitely nothing new being tried here! Got my formula for self-preservation and I'm sticking to it. Just trying to keep the nerves at bay.

Hotel breakfast does sound good. I've bought my favourite sugary, trash kiddie cereal for the day after the marathon. I hardly ever buy it, but there it is in the cupboard awaiting me 😂 
  • Morning,

Wabo: Are you and family okay?
    Hazel : Do you have tum problem?

What: 7 miles easy(forgot to take asthma meds  before my run!!
    Why: See above
    Last hard: The slow legs
    Lyrics: Yes

Luckily with my hills I got away with it but lesson learnt do not get side tracked.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Sorry LmH - missed your birthday, hope the birthday tea was suitably enjoyable (and cake heavy)
    Daisy - good luck at Brighton, have a few pals doing that one too!
    What - club session, I'm doing just a couple of miles at mara pace in between some easy running
    Why - tapering, plus gave blood yesterday, we'll see if a donation in marathon week is a wise move...
    last rest - yesterday, didn't get a chance at lunchtime, and couldn't run in the evening!
    last hard - Sunday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    bring sally up, oh my goodness.  The song is about 3.50mins long. so for example you may be doing planks, everytime they sing bring sally up, up you go, down down you go and so on.  Then on the chorus, you hold!!!
    It is hard.....
    Daisydoo, alehouse if the boat trip, I am the footy trip lol! Oh I am doing Brighton 10k, was meant to do marathon but a stiff big toe scuppered my long runs!
    Dustin enjoy the club session
    Poppy, it is mainly to do with Giselle and the ongoing preparation for a court case or settlement, some of it is very hard reading and my son and DiL obv find it really hard

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Lol should read more carefully, not whilst stumbling through the rain! Enjoy the footie! Sorry to hear about your toe. I've heard great things about the  Brighton 10k. My friend always runs a PB. She says she turns into a gazelle with the atmosphere. Best of luck and sorry to hear about the court stuff. Hope it gets sorted soon! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ooh I hope I am gazelle like!!

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Me too, but think wonky donkey is more likely! Currently fighting off some cold thing that's decided to infect me 😔 
  • Taper madness hopefully Daisy.

No worries Dustin, at my age I think I'm probably better off forgetting them and difficult to enjoy much with the ongoing in law situation but birthday cake was consumed (and will be for a couple more days).

Not taking one dose of your daily meds shouldn't impact your run Poppy.

Are you looking forward to the 10k Wabo? I bet the Giselle stuff is very wearing for you all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Afternoon!

What: another short run, mainly on sand

Why: took a speedboat (lots of wind and spray) in the rain to a couple of islands. Wind blew the rain away and bright sunshine from then. First island is deserted except for one bar, which wasn't open. Just had a walk before getting to island number two which was like a ghost town: all the houses are Portuguese holiday homes, although a couple of bars were open. Cut run short: running on sand not good for Achilles/wanted a quick beer/didn't want to miss speedboat.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry been AWOL, good trip to London though did overdo it a bit.

Yesterday club. Managed 3km run/walk but decided that was enough.

Today walk. Heard heartbeat for the first time which was nice.

Happy belated birthday lmh. Hope you had good cake :)

Wabo sorry to hear about Giselle problems. Hope they resolve as easily as possible.

Well done Chick and hazel. 

Ale just holidaying?

Good pacing rfj.

daisy we all get it regardless of how many we've done! You do feel your going a bit crazy though don't you!

Have a great evening all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Excited for you Emz... another reminder to take it easy! Just a short break, back tomorrow! And just having a short break in a bar: needed a break from the wind. Well that's my excuse. 
  • Lovely to hear the heartbeat emzap. Cake was nice - I made a special request to MiL who baked me a salted caramel and peanut butter sponge that I found a recipe for online.

That was a short break Alehouse! Windy here too, was supposed to be better tomorrow but the forecast is getting worse as we get closer. Was planning a last long run but will see what conditions are like.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Seem to go for 3 or 4 night breaks these days LMH! Glad you are not doing Paris marathon: friend who lives nearby messaged to say forecast is around 1 at the start and 8 by the finish. He was going to watch but won't be.
  • Far too cold for me Alehouse - I'm hoping it warms up for London.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Lovely news empaz....exciting times ahead ☺ 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Missed your birthday, LMH! Happy belated wishes :) and very fitting choice of lyrics. Vienna was around 20 degrees, back home today we had a high of 9 and my cold is getting worse :( peak flow is in free fall. Sigh.

Ale: hope you enjoyed your break. Wow, Paris marathon sounds really cold then!

Daisy: Hope you can shake yours. Running with a streaming nose and breathing problems is no fun.

Em:  very excited for you 👏 are your energy levels improving?

Crazy challenge, wabo. Sorry to hear the Giselle issues are not resolved yet.

Hazel: hope you managed to sort those eating issues.

What: just 5k easy on the TM
    Why: cold (both types - the frosty sort outside, the annoying sort in my body)
    Last hard: all that walking we did in Vienna. Hubby and I both have sore legs :D
    Last rest: yesterday (travel day)
    Lyrics: nope

• Beautiful day here
    Sea swim and 4k run done
    Last hard Saturday evening on boat
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics no (but feels like spring here)