Wednesday 10th April 2019 - I don't wanna get left behind

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't wanna get left behind

Breezy here again today and definitely not forecast to feel spring like. I was planning my last LSR but the forecast for tomorrow is more conducive so I think I'll leave it a day, if tomorrow isn't good I can just do another MLR. Taking MiL to see two more care homes this afternoon.

What:                MLR or LSR
Why:                 17 days to go
Last hard:         knowing what to do for the best
Last rest:          27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Hasta Manana - Abba.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: will try a short run
    Why: see how I feel. Very tired after the weekend still so just playing it by ear
    Last hard: tiredness
    Lyrics: no

Lmh hope this afternoon goes as well as it can
    Oh how long are you out there for?

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Bom Dia!

What: run when back home

Why: breakfast/pack/airport

Soon time to be backing off, LMH! Hope care home visits are productive.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning! We have sunshine ☀ here ☺ 

Lyrics: nope
    What: gentle walk 
    Why: 4 days to go, plus the school holidays so I'm taking the little ones to the cinema.

Safe journey home Alehouse 

Hope your visits go well LMH.

Empaz....hope your energy appears...have a restful day. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - the break sounds idyllic. not had more than the odd day off since last July so probably need a break now!
    Emz- ohh exciting news! 
    Wabo - I imagine it was a wild night last night, roll on leg 2.

What -easy lunchtime
    Why - taper
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - staying motivated.
    lyric - possibly

Heart not really in my own marathon this year. I'm more motivated by seeing those I coach hitting times so Sunday's run out will be purely that: a run out. I'll not be hanging about, but I'm certainly not going to beat myself up over the time if it's not what I'm hoping for. Also have MK in early May to look forward to (running with some of the sub4 wannabes).

• Morning
    LMH: I hope Visit to care homes goes well.
    Em: Very exciting news you and OH must be over the moon to hear the heartbeat.
    Ale: Safe trip home
    Dustin: You sound a little down?I hope all goes well for your run in The land of Leek's and Dragon's:-)

What: 5 miles
    Why: Hardly slept and all body wanted to do
    Last hard: Sleeping
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Nice and busy on here at the moment.

Good luck with the care home visits LMH.  Enjoy the cake if there is still some left.  Salted caramel and peanut butter sounds interesting. Just browsed some recipes.

Good news on the heartbeat emzap.

Good travelling ale and hope you can get in a nice run once home.

Enjoy the cinema Daisy - what are you going to watch?  I like the idea of getting yourself a treat for your breakfast post marathon.

Know the feeling regarding lack of breaks Dustin - same situation here and desperate for a decent holiday (maybe in May).  I like your motivation as a coach.  Maybe you will feel better for your own race once you get to the start line and not feeling too much pressure might even give you a good result.

Hope you can get in some good sleep soon WP.

LOL to the bring sally up challenge Wabo.  Sorry to hear about the Gisele issues.

Hope the cold improves soon chicksta. 

Did you go for a dip in the lake whilst you were in Zurich OH?

Regarding eating issues:  less of a tum problem - I have a more less cast iron stomach - probably all those mud pies, raw potatoes, quarter ripe apples and carrots/radishes straight out of the garden as a kid (ok - did wipe those on the trousers before eating).  It is more making the effort to eat and doing all that it involves sometimes especially if I'm stressed or tired.  Vicious circle though as not eating properly just makes me more tired. I have a bad habit of doing things alongside of eating and just taking the edge of my appetite rather than eating a decent portion, leaving it too late and skipping meals sometimes because I want to go out to run and won't have enough time to digest - things like that.

What: 7 or so GA miles later
    Why: need to take it fairly easy as have a long LT run tomorrow
    Last rest: 6.4.

Lyrics: no but nice.

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Hazel...We are off to see Shazam. Gotta love a superhero movie. And a nice carb loading lunch. Sorry to hear about your eating niggles. I am the opposite when stressed.....I comfort eat crap.  Training for my first marathon has actually helped me deal with some of it, but I'm actually looking forward to cutting down on eating come next week, once I have had my cereal and eaten myself silly at the in-laws in France. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Daisy loving the wonky donkey! Enjoy the holidays and inlaws! Are you doing Brighton?
    Hazel enjoy your 7, think my stomach is a bit cast iron too! But I am a person who gets hangry, oh doesnt get it!!!!
    poppy have a good run, hope you are well on the mend
    LMH I am looking forward to Brighton 10k, think I will try and do well (not pb, too long ago) just well.  It is a nice feeling tbh
    Emzap, heart beat wow how lovely!
    Dustin what marathon are you doing?  enjoy your easy today.  Oh last night was amazing, but who knows what next week will bring...
    emzap enjoy the easy run
    LMH, good luck with the care homes

what: 4 miles later, 1 easy then 20 mins fartlek and 1 easy
    why: I fancy it
    last hard: last night
    last r est: 31/12/16

Last nights 3 was progressive, really good run, first mile 1mm last mile 9mm, rushing to be ready for Spurs
    Have a good day

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Yes I am doing Brighton Wabo. It's feeling very real as it's my home town and the road closure signs are out everywhere! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    3km done but with lots of walking as started feeling dizzy.

Wabo with you on hangry!
  • Nice to live by the seaside Daisy - and to have such a local marathon.

Difficult Hazel - do you and OH not eat together? This is the recipe I found and I would recommend it but I think it would be better to double the buttercream and put some in the middle too:  http://www.bakedtoimperfection.co.uk/2017/01/18/peanut-butter-salted-caramel-cake/

It sounds as though you're really enjoying your running at the moment Wabo.

Why do you think you're not particularly invested in the race Dustin? That is a long time without a holiday - we have just booked to go away the second week in June having not been since October and that's far too big a gap for me especially with all that's gone on.

That doesn't sound good emzap - I take it your iron, blood sugar etc have all been checked?

Soon Alehouse. Hope you have a safe journey home.

Tired here too Poppy - and not looking forward to this afternoon.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh midwife just said it's your first child so you have the time to rest more. Not that helpful! Iron and blood sugar were fine when they tested them. Apparently growing a baby takes more out of me than I imagined!  I'm being good and playing everything by ear though.
  • What a stupid thing to say emzap!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I agree  with LMH....not exactly a great thing to hear from the midwife. Glad to hear your iron and blood sugar are fine empaz. I do remember being really tired at the start of both my pregnancies but definitely got more energy after 4 months and the sickness went.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sounds like good news, Emz!

What: short run d&d

Why: legs didn't want to play. Probably a combination of running on cobbles, sand and lots of sitting around whilst travelling today. 

Nice result yesterday, Wabo: hoping for the same next week.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: 20 lengths + back stretches every 4 lengths
    Why: back not so good again :(
    Last rest: Sunday
    Last hard: today (had thought about running up local hill but that was non starter)

No OW swimming in Switzerland HazelCH :( .
    Weather was foul when we passed through Zürich (heavy sleet)
    Back was limiting too.
    Did swim in indoor pool with view of hills in Arosa.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Got a very good reminder why I don't wear ear phone tonight.... had I done I would be dead..... very shortly after starting my run tonight I have to cross a dual carriage way just after a roundabout but with a pedestrian crossing. A guy was walking in front of me and I thought oh perfect timing as the lights went red, the other lad was about 6-7 yards in front of me as I heard a car accelerating at full tilt so stopped in my tracks and sure enough he and the car behind both racing went straight through the red lights on a green man.... I was too shaken to get any details but frightened the living daylights out of me and took nearly two miles to get it out of my system, just of 5 in the end.... but a stark reminder to everyone who wears ear phones.... take them out before crossing roads or make sure that it is safe to cross even with a green man.....

Take care

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness you are OK! What a frightening experience. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great advice rfj which I will follow. I did wear them tonight and I'm not sure why but wearing them seems to affect ears and eyes and concentration for me!!! 
    I don't  usually wear them tbh
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can