Thursday, 11 April 2019 - Morning's come, passions gone

Morning all.

RFJ: that's so scary. Glad you're ok. I never wear headphones outside, only in the gym to block that awful rap music... can't stand it. It always puts me in a bad mood.

LMH: must try that cake recipe. Sounds yummy. If it has peanuts in it, I'm sold :)

Starting to feel better. I ticked over with 5 k runs but will try something longer this morning. Freezing though!

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I Gotta Move - The Kinks.

It is very nice chicksta but treat yourself to the extra buttercream in it. Cold here too but forecast to be less breezy than yesterday. I'm hoping it warms up soon - I need a run in my charity vest though there's always the treadie in the next week or two. Thanks for the thread start - I was fast running out of ideas.

I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times when walking Grace RFJ. These people have no consideration at all.

Sorry to hear that your back is still bad OH. Hope the swimming helped.

Managed last LSR yesterday but then a full afternoon with MiL. Hoping the care home situation is resolved and FiL will be moving at the start of next week if everything goes ok. Still time for dramas and distractions of course but I'm hoping the worst of the stress could soon be over.

What:              MLR
    Why:               sanity
    Last hard:       helping MiL accept reality of FiL's needs
    Last rest:        27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning. Was ready to start the thread but beaten to it :) may not be up in time for a while!

What: walk day
    Why: I'm being sensible
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Rfj that is scary, thank goodness you're ok.
    Daisy I'm already into my 4th month. Sickness is going (only get it occasionally now) but tiredness is full tilt.

Ale is your chest completely better now?
    Lmh hope it warms up for your run.

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run/long fitness suite

Why: Thursday

Emz: good to hear you are being sensible! re chest, the peak flow has been good for a while so that suggests it is ok; however, am still getting lots of catarrh and am out of breath on the slightest hill, although the latter could be down to lack of fitness.

Hope the care home situation is sorted quickly, LMH

Ice on the cars this morning, but bright sunshine. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    RFJ - wise words. I don't wear headphones running but I still see plenty that do, it's lunacy as a lot of the lanes near me have no pavements but people still persist in being plugged in. 
    LmH - Sounds promising regarding the FiL but I imagine there will still be future episodes. I hope the running keeps you sane.
    For me (since you asked) I've had no real target following that irritating knee niggle from just before Christmas. Didn't hit times or paces over the XC season and as much as I've done the long runs, it's been more a case of "doing" them rather than "enjoying" them. Trying to hit 60,70 miles a week around work, coaching and family sometimes leaves me flat. Probably need that holiday!
    That said I'm looking forward to hitting the track this summer, and laying off the distances (except for fun) until the Autumn. Famous last words - I'll probably be doing an ultra in August....

What - short, easy
    Why - taper
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last hard - Sunday
    lyrc - I think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    wow I had a very near miss this morning, a van just decided he wanted to be in my lane coming off the M25 to go on the A12, totally oblivious and I had to swerve over, slow down and all sorts while he just took my lane.  I thought I was going to cry!!! the shock I guess.  Anyway here to tell the tale....
    RFJ I didn't wear mine this morning thinking about it!
    Dustin, the ultra comment made me chuckle! Enjoy your tapering
    Chick, your rap comment also made me chuckle! Chilly enough to scrape my car this morning
    LMH enjoy your mlr, I do hope things settle, at least a bit, soon
    emzap, have a lovely walk,  my DiL is pregnant very early stages, struggles to eat at the moment! Baby 3 coming....
    Alehouse, hope the gunk clears soon but good about the peak flow.  Enjoy your day

What: 4.35 last night with the middle 20 mins min on min off, 2.5 slowly this morning
    why: mixing it up, fun
    last hard: this morning, bit hilly!
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all, Yoga night tonight
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad you're ok Wabo.

I haven't been hitting the paces either Dustin so am probably kidding myself that it could all come good on the day but I'm looking forward to the day out regardless.

I hope your tiredness eases soon emzap.

Cold but bright and still here Alehouse - hope you get good conditions for your run.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: no
    When: later today, been at docs with no1 son's broken finger 😔 
    Why: taper before Sunday eek! The park is being set up for the start...serious nerves here. 

I run with bone conducting headphones but have the music down and can hear the traffic and birds singing away, but you are making me question those RFJ 🤔. 

Glad you are OK Wabo. Must be something in the air as we had a very close shave yesterday, when a car pulled out from a side street and nearly hit us. Luckily I was slowing down to prepare to turn into our drive. But yes, the shock makes you wobbly!

Dustin...ultra....you have my respect! 

LMH....hope things calm down soon.

Empaz....hope you are feeling less tired today. Saw a tiny baby at the GP practice today and felt broody for a few moments...my older son is now taller than me! Seems like a lifetime ago since he was a bubba (well nearly 13 years). 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Dustin: oooh, an ultra. Exciting! I'm toying with Two Oceans for next year. Something that was always on my bucket list and if I don't do it now age is definitely going to catch me out. I hear ya re. combined stress of high mileage weeks, work and life. My limit is probably 60-70 as well unless I got up at 3am or ran late at night both of which are not an option really. My ultra friends keep telling me that's enough to see me through. I hope they're right.

LMH: Hope the move of FiL into the care home takes the burden off your shoulders somehow. It's been sitting there quite heavily I guess.

Daisy: Exciting times. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Wabo: oh no, another near miss. Glad you're OK. The A12, my old stomping ground :)

Ale: that catarrh thingie seems to be going on forever now.

What: 10 miles
    Why: Peak flow is improving
    Last hard: the cold wind in my face
    Last rest: Monday

• Must be the day for it - I had a near miss on my run with someone driving out of their drive obviously without checking the pavement.

chicksta - I think back to back long runs are more important when ultra training than mega high mileage weeks. I did my first 50k quite comfortably off much less than 50 mile weeks but with big weekends. It's certainly been keeping me awake and taking up a lot of my time and energy and whilst I'm sure the move may bring some different issues I'm hopeful that it will mean that an end to the worst of it is at least in sight.

Oh dear Daisy - how did he manage that?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Walked about 45 min along the country roads. Runner runs towards me on the wrong side of the road, (does no one know you should run facing traffic?) With headphones in. That's a recipe for disaster!

Pub quiz later.

Chick yes do 2 oceans. Can give you lots of tour guide tips if you do :) also it goes along my favourite run.

Daisy ow hope it's not a bad break.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Rugby! The tendon pulled part of the bone off his little finger. Unfortunately the GP confirmed our fears....it's not healing properly and is over-rotating when he bends it so we are off to hospital first thing tomorrow morning with the "prepare for possible surgery". The latter is not likely but has made me go eek. Not quite what we were planning but there you go....think that last run isn't happening. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds nasty! Maybe it'll help take your mind off the marathon (trying to find the positives!)
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    😂 It actually has! I can only handle one thing at at time, so marathon stress has been shelved and no1 child is no1 priority! I'm just glad they got us in so quickly  
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Apologies, Daisy - I missed the bit about the broken finger. Hope it's sorted quickly. Luckily children heal so much quicker than or folk ;)

Em: definitely going to ask you for tips.

LMH: did you do many doubles or rather one long run each on Saturday and Sunday? The thing I'm most concerned about is the elevation gain. I will need some weekend races in hilly areas - it's too flat here.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thanks Chicksta.....yes the little ones definitely mend quicker than more mature models 😉 He's more worried about not being able to eat than what they are going to possibly do to him. Typical rugby boy! Your challenge sounds both thrilling and terrifying in equal measures! 

• More Chlorine pit + stretches
    Vertebral malfunction still
    Last hard: yesterday's setback
    Last rest: Sunday (total rest is not good)
    Lyrics no

Visit to GP that but no miraculous cure ;)

Likely to avoid running again until back from next trip South
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    thanks all, didnt realise how shaken I was ... didn't have a great nights sleep.

Took club session tonight a good pyramid session that built the confidence of a couple of our steady runners :-)

Seeing the KOP tomorrow night

Take care all