Saturday 13th April 2019 - When the outside temperature rises

Morning.

Lyrics - When the outside temperature rises

Stay off your feet as much as you can today Daisy. I'm excited for you for tomorrow. Soak it all in and enjoy.

I didn't think that fancy dress was very popular in European marathons chicksta or is that a bit of a myth? Sorry to hear you are still coughing, nothing to prove at the minute so rest and recover.

Hope you are feeling better Wabo.

What:            short and easy
Why:             sanity and Snickers cake
Last hard:     finding out the light at the end of the tunnel was another train
Last rest:      27/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Here Comes The Weekend - The Jam.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thanks LMH....planning very little today. Just a short walk to the shop as my boys have demolished the contents of the fruit bowl.

Lyrics.....a vague recollection!

Have a good day all. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Better the fruit than chocolate daisy! And we all have said only one...
    Lmh so sorry to hear your frustrations.
    Chick I'm excited if you do 2 oceans. Have you decided for sure?

What: tailwalking
    Why: little one won't let me do much more this week
    Last hard: being controlled by someone who isn't even born yet (I know, I know preparation for the rest of my life!)
    Lyrics: nope

Cheese festival this afternoon. An excited (even if I have to be careful which cheeses I can actually eat, or should that be consider Caerphilly...?)

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: parkrun

Why: its at the end of my road

Take it Caerphilly, Emz! And Daisy!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It'as cold out there! Just warming up after Grace's walk before wrapping up and heading out for my run.

Cheese festival sounds good emzap - where is it?

Great that your boys enjoy their fruit Daisy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning again!

What: parkrun, slightly harder than usual without being flat out. Around 23:40, so my best on that course.

Why: felt better today! First time since February 13th! Just hoping it stays that way!

And yes it was cold LMH! Two tops plus gloves but did wear shorts. 
    Edit: official time 23:32. Found the hills tough today. Need to work on that!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

What 7.13 miles
    Why: Because I can and bedding in new race shoes
    Last hard: Today nothing:-)
    Lyrics Yes

Fastest run for course  so a PB and hilly so very pleased.Looking forward to next Saturday.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    So I walked the whole course and we did it in 45 something. I can tell you that Powerwalking at that speed hurt my legs more than running at that speed! 

Cheese festival is at Malvern county showground so I'm expecting it to be big.

That's a good time ale, you're heading in the right direction.

How are you feeling poppy?

Have a lovely day all
  • A shame emzap - if it had been closer to us I'd have seen if mark would go - enjoy.

Great that you are feeling better now Alehouse.

That sounds like a good run Poppy, nice when that happens.

Must be something in the air as I had a better run this morning too - and most welcome it was.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

That's brisk walking, Emz

Probably back to where I was at the beginning of Feb: ran 23:00 and 22:54 in Jan and Feb on easier courses. 

OH: when they were doing the "parkrun tourist" bit this morning they announced someone from Orkney! No idea who, unfortunately!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Berlin ist very different to other European cities ;) I overtook plenty of runners in fancy dress and was blown away by the spectators' reaction. Glad you had a good run.

Thinking of either Pippi Longstocking or a hula outfit (grass skirt and flowers). Both should be relatively easy to run in.

How are the nerves, Daisy?

Good parkrun, ale. It was snowing here, so I gave it a miss. I also overslept a bit.

Enjoy the cheese festival, em. Yep, my mind is set on Two Oceans and holiday in ZA.

Nice running, poppy.

What: 4 miles to the shops and back
    Why: needed milk
    Last hard: wind, cold, snow, cough ... take your pick
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: I hope it will! Zero this morning :( And they do sound familiar ...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Didn't park run, deffo right decision about Brighton
    Generally lots of better runs going on, I've not been out yet I'll change that lol
    Emzap I can imagine that about power walking!
    Poppy yes! Happy for you
    Alehouse happy for you as well! 
    Good luck daisy!! 
    Got to go just got text my daughter's buggy has been taken, bu**er it!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Great runs folks. I have had a walk out and went over to the park to watch my friend's children do the mini mile. We all got soaked! But great atmosphere  Now under a blanket watching crap TV.

Chicksta....like both of those ☺ 

Em.....cheese fest = my idea of heaven

Wabo...hope the buggy appears.

As for the nerves.....😱 Is current status. I have luckily discovered I couldn't hear my interval counter app beeping in the park whilst watching the mini miles, so will stick my bone conductors on without any music. I can take them off then, but have trained to the beep so need to hear the beep. My husband thinks I'm bonkers (he's a runner who just can iykwim). I'll be fine once I'm on the line.....just have to follow the people in front for several hours 😂 
  • Strangely enough I was only listening to an item on the radio about buggies being stolen the other day Wabo, maybe even yesterday, I hope that's not the case with your daughter's.

You'll be fine once the gun goes Daisy but try not to use up too much energy worrying about things you can't change before then. Do you have your kit, number, pre and post race food sorted and ready to go?

I know it's not where you hoped to be Alehouse but it's going in the right direction at last.

That's good then chicksta - but I wouldn't put ideas of a good time behind you yet!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Yes I have my number, safety pins and fuel (I'm a Fruit Pastilles and dextrose tablets person....gels are not my friend). Post food and clothes are ready for hubby to hand me at the end. Clothes are sort of sorted. The forecast keeps changing. Going to start with a jacket and throw it to hubby on the way out of Preston Park so I start warm. He's currently making me pasta ☺ and has the map out working out where he and the boys will be. Haven't been this nervous since my Chemistry A-Level paper, and I managed to pass that! 

• Daisy - it's just one foot in front of the other, relentless forward progress and you'll make the finish line. You got this girl!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thank you LMH! I am a natural born worrier and part of the reason behind my madness was to help address this. You guys have really helped and I have found inspiration and support from you,

Must remember to ☺ too 😂 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Your first marathon is about having fun, Daisy. Milk those crowds. They'll carry you. And us lot here will be crossing fingers and toes 🤞
  • I know it sounds mad but smiling makes a big difference Daisy - there's even a good evidence base for it, when runners smile their perceived effort is less for the same pace, plus it makes other people smile too, win/win! I shall be thinking of you and willing you on.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thanks all ☺ I have indeed noticed smiling makes it feel easier. I'm the nutter who says hi to people when I'm out running. I find it makes the time pass more happily for me and takes my mind off it. 

I'm now stuffed full of pasta, all my stuff is sorted and calm has actually descended. And yes, remembered to fill the back of my race number out too! Going to watch crap TV and try and get an early night. Thanks again for the positive vibes! 
  • Sending masses of good lucks to Daisydoo for tomorrow.  Good your boys emptied the fruit bowl. Do they eat junk as well? Balanced diet and all that :)

Oh no yet another setback LMH. You really could do with a break from it. Great tip regarding smiling for Daisy.   Works for me.

Seriously jealous of the cheese festival emzap. I would kill for some decent GB cheese.

Great news regarding feeling good and parkrun Ale. 

Enjoy the new shoes WP and well done on your run PB.

Snow Chicksta? A bloke ran as the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin last year, I was just considering landmarks in Hamburg :D I probably won't ddo the 100 next year but the 56.  No mountains this time but the race starts at 10pm which makes things interesting.

Grr regarding the buggy Wabo.

Good luck Dustin!

Hope you had a nice trip OH

What: vigorous gardening, good cross training I hope.
    Why: running rest day
    Last hard: shovelling earth from A to B
    Last rest:today

Lyrics: OH yes!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Hazel.....they pretty much eat anything and everything, but yes cakes, sweets and chocolate would beat the fruit bowl. I get through so many satsumas, apples and bread products here. Growing boys! 
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    It is official! I am a marathon runner! I did it in just over 5 hours. Had a very sticky bit around miles 21 to 23 when I thought I was going to vomit (too many jelly babies maybe) but the body held  just walked it off and decided finishing better than pushing and bonking out. Shoreham Harbour is a God awful place! 

I did enjoy the experience and met some nice folk on the way. I have a cracking blood blister on my left big toe. The tape slipped and rubbed happily away. Just calling it a running trophy. 

Thanks for all the support and encouragement. Definitely my one and only. I want a medal for 10k next. That's my missing bling 😜

Any news on Dustin? 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Daisy! Well toughed out on what was not a good day for running a marathon on the coast!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I stuck this completely on the wrong day lol! It was quite a head wind on the way back. And so, so cold at the end. Luckily my friend had a huge coat for me at the end as hubby was a way behind as he'd been at mile 23.