Sub 3

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Blimey CW that was a big day so close to vlm, dont go too mad sunday.

The SPO wanted to tag along for the expo, we brought some items for lunch, and she was looking at the Brighton T shirt whilst we had lunch. She says she'll put the T shirt and race number in her shopping bag to keep it safe...when we walk home from train station, she announces she has left tbe shopping on tbe train (with my race number). Just spent 90 mins chasing a train in the car whilst they phone ahead from station to station trying to intercept the train and get the bag before it passes through, eventually they get the guard on the train to find it and leave it at the next station.......if i make the start and finish line sunday I'll be amazed.

Anyway, a day off and a train ride to  collect a t shirt, number and baggage bag. Why cant tbey give the T shirt out at the finish and put the number (inc chip) and the bag in the post ? Id even pay £5 more for that.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Joe - navy blue t shirt, black cap, black shorts (proper shorts, not philpub hot pants) and beardy face. All support greatly appreciated.
  • Bloody hell TR - not what you need. Glad it's sorted.

That's about an hour from me Joe - enjoy parkrun tomorrow. Shame the farmer's market isn't on in Bake well tomorrow but if you have time you might want to stop in at Belper - if you like coffee tell Adriano at the Azzorie coffee stall that you are a runner and Julie told you his was the best coffee.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the congratulations, much appreciated! 

Good luck to TR & EE in Brighton, hope it all goes well!
    LMH - Is there an appeal process? Hopefully you can get something sorted soon

Joe - Was good to see you on course on Sunday! High five was much appreciated at mile 24, good boost! Although you did have me revisiting my maths when you shouted 20 mins to go at me!
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Bonne chance a Paris OO et Dan.
    As TR said: favourable temperatures Sunday but bastard Easterly. Should be fine from 5-8M as there’ll still be plenty of folks to run with but from 21M back home it’s likely to be pretty bleak. 
    Whatever happens I’ve raised another £800 for MIND 😀
    Day off today to drive down to Brighton. Number #11122 picked up without any drama. Face stuffed. Fluids topped up. Bed calling.😴😴

• JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    This’ll be me EE, TR.
  • It's definitely not over yet Stevie I could have just done without the extra stress.

Nice fundraising Jooligan, good cause.

Rest up today guys and look forward to the post race relaxation and celebration tomorrow.
  • Bloody hell TR - I bet that was a frantic dash after the train. You must have had a chuckle afterwards tho', the absurdity of it all I mean.

LMH - disappointing setback with decision. Keep going as persistence seems to be the only way to get things done these days.

Jools - well done on the fund raising.

Best of luck again tomorrow the guys racing in Brighton and Paris. Keep the spring mara's results flowing... Hope that wind in Brighton isn't a major issue. Tuck in, hitch a ride when you can.

My cold, which started Tuesday, gradually got worse as the week wore on. Feel terrible at the moment with fever, congestion and a cough. Sleeping loads this weekend as work being busy isn't helping. Can't complain too much tho' could have been last week!
  • Hope you're soon on the mend sj. I have no choice but to keep going, was just hoping that the pressure would be off and I'd have a bit of recovery time before London but not something I can control.
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    Best of luck again to all racers!! 

9 miles on road last night hurt my foot, have to stick to tready for a bit longer.
  • TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    LMH - that sounds like a daft decision!

Good luck OO, TR, EE, TGO and Jooligan.

I'm being good and continuing to work within my limits. Took yesterday off, and had an 8m bimble this afternoon ahead of a local 10km tomorrow. I reckon about 35:20-50.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Yes just keep nattering them LMH, due to the skint nature of the system they turn almost everything down now in the hope you will just give up.
    SJ.. our defences are down after a marathon apparently so prime targets for catching something.  Hope it eases soon.
    OO.. One of my clubmates (Duncan) is running Paris too, he is in the 2.49-2.59 bracket so you might see him.  He has standard length blonde hair and usually runs in a distinctive lime green vest if not in club colours.
    Jooligan.. that's a decent wad of fund raising, nicely done and good luck for tomorrow.
    TR.. I can only say well done getting your number back, that sounds like a scene out of the French Connection film!  Hope you have a good day tomorrow, ditto to EE & TGO as well.
    A steady 5m this morning, plan for tomorrow's 10m race is most of it at MP then add a few miles on afterwards.  Looks a bit breezy here too.
    Boston Marathon looks warm but windy & showery, they don't seem to get much luck there on marathon day!  Sod's law tomorrow looks ideal.
  • Hope you're soon on the mend sj. I have no choice but to keep going, was just hoping that the pressure would be off and I'd have a bit of recovery time before London but not something I can control.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Well im certainly nearer the bricking it end of the corridor of uncertainty than the quiet confidence end, but maybe thats not a bad thing and its been on my radar for a long time. Whatever happens, ive never had such a decent mileage bank balance. So hopefully the running gods will smile on me.

See you on the other side.
  • This is me TR, Jooligan.

Sorry to hear about your frantic dash TR; if it’s any consolation I got soaked at the event village earlier! 

I’ve had my table for one in the Italian, now the Kipchoge documentary then bed. 

Good luck all and catch you on the flip side. 
  • Good luck to all the Brightoners, DBS and all that.  TR chasing a train to get his number back gave me a right laugh, thanks for that.

We're in Seville for a pre-Easter break, which also gives a bit of hot weather for change.  6M this evening pre-dinner, very nice.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Crab said it was sitcom stuff.

Jules - 11122
    EE - 12066
    TR - 11034

Dont worry if the progress is a bit slow in the last 5m, it'll be a combination of the fridge turning up and the headwind.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to the Brighton crew. TR: I told Mr Jools if he ever did that I'd struggle to forgive him! But then laughed.
  • You can't do any more than your best on the day - give it all you've got guys.
  • nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to all of you running Brighton today. Looks decent conditions and not too breezy, can be tough on that seafront when the wind's up.
  • Brighton tracker is working well, once I had tracked it down! Anyone else struggling you need to download an app called Active Experience. TR and Jools just over halfway, both looking good. EE going well too... Strong second half guys... You got this. 
  • Dan ADan A ✭✭✭
    Brighton getting to the exciting part.  Come on guys...dig in.

Meanwhile, I went to the baseball in Boston y'day, and the reigning champion cam and sat in the seat in front of me.  Had a brief chat with her too.  Very exciting!

• TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    I'll just nip in before the marathon guys. Local 10km this morning. Bit windy on the faster section evened out any benefit from that, but I managed 34:28 for 4th (1st v40) which was about a minute up on what I expected.

Ridiculously metronomic, despite the fact I was running it in surges (not fit enough to hold a consistent pace at the moment) - 5:32, 33, 33, 33, 33, 28 and 5:04 for the finish. Had some great battles throughout. Great fun. 
  • Excellent running TT and a nice surprise result. Something to build on for sure. 

DanA - esteemed company indeed. Is she praying for wind and rain again?

Tracker seems to be playing up now... Come on chaps!!!
  • Seems to be working again... Pacing the living room... 
  • Nice company you keep Dan!

Always good to be ahead of where you think you are TippTop.

I'm with you sj.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    2.48.17 in Paris. 31st marathon, second fastest so chuffed. 82.30/85.47 split kinda went to plan. No dramas apart from the weird staggered start. Felt surprisingly good on the back of an awful night's sleep. Hope the guys did well in Brighton and good luck Dan. Disneyland next. Will write a report later in the week. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Good for you OO

Life and a ridiculously windy day caught up with me, the wind was tough from early on esp uphill early on, the last 5 was awful. But i wasnt mentally on it today. 3.04.

Loife is a rollercoaster you just have to roide it.

Onwards to Yeovil.
  • Top stuff OO. Almost as you planned it too. 

TR - felt for you mate following on the app. Looked up the leaders and saw them slow in the last 10k so gathered wind was a factor. Excellent post race attitude as ever and like you alluded to, more important things going on atm. 
  • So sorry you didn't get the time your training deserved TR but it's easy to underestimate the effect of life stress. Time to recover and then get a few sessions in before Yeovil. If I make my time in London (admittedly unlikely) I might even try to drive the train for you - though I won't be much shelter in a headwind  :)

Nicely done OuchOuch. 'Enjoy' Disneyland..................