Sunday 14th April 2019-Lights out tonight, Trouble in the heartland,

WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in Training
Morning

Good luck to Daisy and Dustin on their Marathon's today.Dustin I hope the winds die down as they are pretty fierce here at the moment!
Daisy just enjoy your race.

What: Short run
Why:Winds and -2
Last hard: Listening to winds

Have a great day and run well.
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen.

Gardening can be dangerous in my experience Hazel! I couldn't start a race at 2200hrs, I'd be falling asleep.

Thinking of you Daisy. Have a great day.

Hope you enjoy Newport Dustin.

Cold here this morning Poppy but the wind isn't due to pick up until later, as I need to keep the miles down I'm hoping to be back before it gets too bad.

What:           MLR
    Why:            the dreaded taper
    Last hard:    not losing my patience with MiL
    Last rest:     27/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Dustin is not in Newport but Llanelli The Great Welsh Marathon along coastal path which will have a pretty fierce head winds:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Go go Daisy you'll be great! 

Dustin enjoy Newport. Hope you have a good run and things come together for you.

What: a walk in the bluebell wood
    Why: I ran there last year so took a while for me to find exactly where it is. Will drive there and explore.
    Last hard: Powerwalking!
    Lyrics: familiar but no

Have a lovely day all
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys and good running Dustin!

Had my breakfast and coming too.....it's a chilly one here but the sun is set to come out and the wind has dropped. Definitely putting the suncream on! 

Have a great day all ☺ x
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning!

Go well those pinning a number on!

What: easy run plus fitness suite

Why: yesterday was relatively hard plus need to keep stretching my Achilles in particular

Lyrics: no

Any luck with the buggy, Wabo? I am assuming there was no baby inside! Hope the New Lane was good!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hi all.  Best of luck to all racers today, sounds like there is a lot on. 

I've been making some inroads again, just running slowly most of the time, no reps, no super-fast pace.  Managed yo have a run every day this month so far, did the Alloa half marathon on 31st March in 1:40, testing the knee out.  Turns out Pain is the same whether I do 1 mile, 4 miles, 13 miles or no miles.  So after that, took the decision to trsin slowly every day.   Been going well and will be over 50 miles this week.  Parkrun yesterday in 20:46. 

Will try a similar but slightly slower pace at the Round the Houses 10K in Grangemouth later today.  

Looking forward to seeing some race reports later. 

Lyrics, nope.

• Morning!

Hope Daisy and Dustin are doing well!

Blubell woods are lovely emzap.  Where are you based? I grew up in Northampton and there are some lovely bluebell woods somewhere there, can't remember the name.

LMH I've run a stage of the 100km as part of a relay team starting at 3:50 am and last year also ran the parallel HM starting at 22:00, the race adrenalin and the sheer novelty of it helped against the tiredness. Was generally tired for a few days afterwards though.

Run well today those who are, with or without a number.

What: progressive LR. Plan says 26km with last 5 @LT, might do a bit shorter
    Why: HM training
    Last hard: that will be, in particular getting the pacing right.
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • Thanks for that Poppy - don't know where I got Newport from.

I'm usually in bed before 2130hrs Hzel - a total lightweight. Hope your run went well.

Nice to see you Donaldo. Hope you enjoy the 10k.

Wrap up warm emzap, it's cold out there.

There's always something to manage Alehouse, hope your achilles hasn't been more troublesome again of late?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! And a cold and breezy one. 

What: 6k plus short fitness suite

Why: gentle run plus trying to be ahead of the game in terms of the Achilles. Touch wood it hasn't complained a great deal of late, LMH; on the other hand I haven't done a great deal of running of late and in particular nothing of a quicker nature. 

Good to see you Don,  and look forward to the race report!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Some Worcestershire bluebells

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thinking of you, Daisy 🤞

Can't believe how mean some people are ... Stealing a buggy FFS 😡

Lovey pics, em. I do miss the bluebell woods. We don't have any.

Good to see you, Donaldo. And a very good parkrun time.

Hazel: but you live in cheese heaven anyway  ;) Swiss cheese is unbeatable imho. I've never done a night race. Hope your long run went well.

Wow, that's cold, poppy.

Embrace the taper, LMH. I'm usually looking forward to it when the mileage is beginning to catch up but once I'm tapering and everything feels sluggish and sore I hate it :D

Surprisingly good run today. Looks like I'm over the lurgy 🤞

What: 13 mile progression run
    Why: testing the waters
    Last hard: being lurgified
    Last rest: 8/4
    Lyrics: no
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Poop....posted in the wrong day....try again 

It is official! I am a marathon runner! I did it in just over 5 hours. Had a very sticky bit around miles 21 to 23 when I thought I was going to vomit (too many jelly babies maybe) but the body held  just walked it off and decided finishing better than pushing and bonking out. Shoreham Harbour is a God awful place! 

I did enjoy the experience and met some nice folk on the way. I have a cracking blood blister on my left big toe. The tape slipped and rubbed happily away. Just calling it a running trophy. 

Thanks for all the support and encouragement. Definitely my one and only. I want a medal for 10k next. That's my missing bling 😜

Any news on Dustin? 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done Daisy, blister well-earned!! Congrats on your first marathon, it gets easier from here on in.

My 10K today was fine, 43:08, about what I expected.  First mile and mile 6 were both 6:44 and I slowed a little in between but not too much.  Wind was a factor.  Well beaten by many people I normally beat but that is something I will have to get used to!! 
  • Congratulations Daisy, I am very happy for you! Ouch to the blister!  Enjoy your achievement, at some point you might want to do another but why not just the one.  Recover well!

Thanks for the pics emzap, looks lovely. I could step into the second picture and walk up the path. ;)

Swiss cheese smells/tastes sometimes a bit too strong for my taste Chicksta.  I sometimes have to ban OH to the balcony.  GB cheese can be strong tasting, but it is a different sort of strong.  Well done on the progressive half - tough things.

Welcome back Donaldo, that's a good 10k, if it was windy all the more so.

My progression ground to a halt at 20k after a few mara paced miles.  Guess I had Thursday's LT run still in my legs.  I also probably worked the first undulating 9km or so too hard running by pace rather than effort.  I did complete another 4.5 km at a slower pace after hitting the reset button, and the run was ok overall though.