Fore/midfoot running and supination

Owing to hypermobility and a wish to preserve my poor joints as much as possible I run fore/midfoot. It's coming up to the time when I need to buy more shoes; I currently run about 15 miles a week. The wear pattern on my current shoes shows significant supination, which I'm slightly surprised by (but maybe I shouldn't be).

I am looking to buy some shoes that have a low drop, but I don't know whether I should also look for shoes meant for supinators or whether I should stick to a neutral shoe as I have done previously. Does anybody else have this issue / have general advice?

Comments

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    My two-penneth: Try on a variety of neutral low drop shoes and pick the most comfortable ones.

https://curiosity.com/topics/3-myths-you-probably-believe-about-running-curiosity/
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/No%20Arches%20No%20Problem">No Arches No Problem</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Owing to hypermobility and a wish to preserve my poor joints as much as possible I run fore/midfoot. It's coming up to the time when I need to buy more shoes; I currently run about 15 miles a week. The wear pattern on my current shoes shows significant supination, which I'm slightly surprised by (but maybe I shouldn't be).

I am looking to buy some shoes that have a low drop, but I don't know whether I should also look for shoes meant for supinators or whether I should stick to a neutral shoe as I have done previously. Does anybody else have this issue / have general advice?</div>
    </blockquote>
    Grab some Merrell Trail glove 4 solid shoes, Zero drop and very low amount of cushioning.

You'll be running on mid foot 100% of the time. Get to 180 cadence but decrease stride when slowing down.

If you want to go fast, increase stride by kicking backward.