Tuesday 16th April 2019 - Empty spaces, what are we living for?

Morning.

Lyrics - Empty spaces, what are we living for?

Hope you enjoyed your evening out Daisy.

No decision made on the funding.

What:           short and easy
Why:            sanity/taper/work
Last hard:    holding on to the will to live
Last rest:     27/1

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: familiar...so that's no

Yesterday's lyrics were, "A bicycle made for two", much recorded and originally a Victorian music hall song.

What: short run/long Pilates

Why: ran "long" yesterday/need the stretches/work gets in the way etc

I sense your frustration, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - I can only imagine how frustrating the waiting around is
    What - club session, I'll be coaching and ambling around mile reps
    Why - 12 days left for the London marathoners
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - Trying to place them...

• Morning

Virtual hugs to LMH.   Hope the short and easy can at least bring you a bit of respite. 

What: group outing this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: finding enthusiasm to work today - can I join the work gets in the way club please?
    Last rest: 13.04.

Lyrics: for once - Yes!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Had a lovely night at the pub. My friend is planning her third marathon for next year. It's been several years since her last. She was meant to do this year's with me but life events got in the way  I've said I'll do up to half marathon distances with her. Decided that I will have another go at a half as I enjoyed that distance and it fits in with life much more easily. I said no to halves not that along ago, but hey ho....I like the bling what can I say 😉 

Lyrics....I've heard them I couldn't tell you where! 

LMH: oh hun, that's rubbish still not having a response! Enjoy your run out. Hope it helps.

Dustin: how are the stairs? Enjoy your run out too. 

Alehouse: I feel like I need stretches today, got housework and packing planned as off to see my in-laws tomorrow. 

Hazel: enjoy the club run....

This is when I realise I'm the only one not running. I feel like I could and should, but my blisters are saying "don't be stupid woman". Think I'll be sensible for once in my life.

Have a fab day all ☺ x
  • Thanks guys. Ran enough to clear my head and pass the time until normal people start work then home and on the phone. I WILL get this sorted - I need some of the stress relieved before London, I'm sure it will help (and yes, I do know the stress won't actually end when he's moved but I hope it might lessen and that MiL will need a lot less of my time).

If the blisters will change your gait then you shouldn't be running Daisy. Hope you have a nice time at your in laws. Have you lost the desire to eat everything that doesn't move quickly enough yet?

I keep asking my husband when I can retire Hazel but he says not yet  :) Mind you Alehouse is retired!

How are your legs today Dustin?

I think you know the lyrics Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics familiar
    LMH I do feel for you, my oh and his mum have this same thing re funding.  Its so hard (((lmh)))
    Daisy ha ha I hear what you are saying lol! Be sensible for sure
    hazel budge up I need a space in work gets in the way! Enjoy the group run
    dustin enjoy your run later
    alehouse, enjoy short and pilates

what: just over two miles, short walk start and finish again
    why: sensible
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just googled lyrics, they feel fitting right now!
  • For me too Wabo. We don't really have much choice do we? What happened about the buggy - was it stolen?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: How frustrating. I hope you get this sorted quickly now so you can calm down a bit before London.

My husband is retired so I just have to keep working …

Daisy: What LMH said. There's no shame in taking a couple of days off after a marathon.

What: proper gym session
    Why: I need a sixpack if I want to pull off that Hula stunt in September :D
    Last hard: most of the exercises today
    Last rest: 8/4
    Lyrics: oh yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walk done
    Why: knackered!
    Last hard: realising I can't run any more. Will try run/walking and if I can't do that I'll do just walking
    Lyrics: familiar but not sure

I have expanded a lot in the last few days. I now can't reach the outside of my ankles to unzip my leggings! I'm 18 weeks, how big will I be at 40?!?

(((Lmh))) I really hope you hear soon
    Daisy you're allowed to not run! Think I took a week off after my last marathon.
    Glad you're being sensible ale

Have a lovely day all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    A big yes on the lyrics from me, one of my favourite bands and songs.

Waiting to go the club tonight, the big comeback is on, can’t even remember the last time I went along, must have been last year. Will only try the session as long as my knee doesn’t give too much pain.  It’s been a good month so far and so I can’t let my desire to do some speed work spoil it.  
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    LMH, no the buggy was taken by the management of the block where she lives.  There are signs saying they will remove them but she tucked it under the stair way in nobody's way. The other option for her is to lug it up two flights of stairs with a heavy 2 year old in, which she was doing but tbh it is just too much.  She is devastated now but probably has to get a light weight thing that she can manage.  It isn't easy :-( 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta what is the hula stunt?
    wow emzap 18 weeks already!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh just got the lyrics :)

Wabo what a pain about the buggy
  • Not convenient but better than it having been stolen Wabo - I assume they gave it back?

Careful Donaldo.

That sounds a bit awkward emzap. No chance you have your dates wrong? I think chicksta is referring to her fancy dress in Berlin.

I thought a six pack was made in the kitchen not the gym chicksta  :) I'm oldest so I think I should get to retire first!
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    What??? Not running is an option 😂 no I'm being very sensible and just walking. And yes, I am still hungry! Have demolished my Mother's Day chocolates that I'd been holding in reserve. Soooo worth the wait. Hotel Chocolat sour cherries. 

Empaz....it's odd re expansion rates. The strange thing is how you expand throughout the course of the day. My bust was ridiculously big and I'm quite small on that front under normal circumstances. Have you felt any movement yet? 

Wabo....that's hard with a buggy! Some people are miserable. I take it they gave it back to her?

Donaldo....enjoy your outing and hope the knee holds.

LMH...more virtual hugs.

Can you tell I'm avoiding packing  housework 😂? 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Afternoon! And a very wet one, to my surprise. Has rained since around 12:30 and was certainly not forecast! Just back from work (yes, I've retired*) but not keen to go out just yet!

* about 8 years ago I left a job and thought I'd never work again so that was sort of retired but kept being offered short term work and eventually a contract. And then about 4 or 5 years ago I left that job and took my teacher's pension...but then kept being offered more work...and then recently got my state pension so that is either two or three retirements...with perhaps just one more to come at some point! Well from teaching anyway. There's also the exam board marking and student teaching experience supervision to go at some stage as well!

Must make myself get changed...

Sort of good news about the buggy, Wabo!

And take it easy, Don
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo said:
    chicksta what is the hula stunt?
    wow emzap 18 weeks already!

Wot LMH said. I am planning to run Berlin in fancy dress. I was thinking either Pippi Longstocking or a Hula outfit. Currently favouring the latter as it's pretty easy to do - just a grass skirt over a pair of skimpy shorts and a lei over a fancy sports bra but that leaves the mid-section bare and I want to look the part :D. My abs are in decent shape for an old bag but they could be a bit more defined :)

Em: wow, 18 weeks. Exciting. It's really strange how some expand really early and then stagnate and in others you see nothing for months and boom - suddenly they have a massive bump, almost from one day to the next.

Wabo: Pain with the buggy, but at least it wasn't stolen.  

LMH: Fair enough :)  and that cake comment made me chuckle.
  • Cake comment chicksta?

No decision.....................

No rain here Alehouse. I'm really hoping the forecast warmer weather arrives from tomorrow.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Lots of rain and no wind so the weather seems stuck over my area, LMH
  • Feel free to keep it Alehouse  :)
  • No running but Ben Ledi today with Elspeth and our eldest.
    Heading home again tomorrow.
    Last hard coming down today.
    Tomorrow's drive will also be hard.
    Will try running again when we're back home.
    Lyrics not today

Photos will be obligatory Chicksta!