The Thousand Mile Club - 2019

Comments

• Nearly forgot to mention I did 14.17 miles on Tuesday night to make my
    YTD = 815.03 miles

Same again tonight.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    See, this is why I'm single. No one gets to nag me.

Nice 6 miler (plus 4 lots of strides). Legs felt a little heavy (probably due to some squats and glute stuff I did yesterday) but pace was fine. Added the strides so my first post-marathon parkrun doesn't come as too much of a shock tomorrow.

YTD: 591
  • Cal Jones,

Equally you can't take the mick out of a captive audience - lol.

Well done in advance of your next run when to reach 600.

Last night I tried the new 'RUN LDN' New Balance Fresh Foam trainers for 14.17 miles to break them for the little jog from Greenwich Park to Buckingham Palace next weekend - must say they were great.

YTD = 829.20 miles
  • Dubai runnerDubai runner ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Cal, everything is good with the world today, still don't know what I said/did!!

Just 3.05 miles this morning, over indulged yesterday evening!! The Daquiris got the better of me David!

Might try to get out later, after a beach day and before drinks with friends later.

YTD 577.42 miles

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the possibility of a Palermo parkrun in the morning, even though it involves a 5/6 mile run to get there. (?)
    5 miles this morning, and a walk on rough paths this afternoon, in a nature reserve! Probably not the best prep. for a parkrun sandwich.....
    YTD:616'.
  • Didn't make a second run yesterday but did plenty of swimming in the sea.
    Had a few errands to do first thing this morning so didn't get out till 0930, it was already 37 degrees!!

MrM2, I didn't realise parkruns were so popular. Thought it was a British thing. Still haven't run one myself.

7.65 miles today.

YTD 585.07 miles

• Trail run (Beastly practice) yesterday with a few trail virgins.
    11 miles and 1800ft elevation.
    452 miles YTD
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Wanstead Flats parkrun today - pushed about as much as I was willing to at this stage of my marathon recovery and came in at 26:08, which is OK given it was very warm. Nice course - a bit lumpy for a PB course but no mud today (apparently it gets really muddy in winter).

YTD: 594
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Plan executed; parkrun sandwich done. Almost 7' to Favorita parkrun, including a spectacular 'splat' in second mile. Tripped on some uneven ground which left some of my hand, elbow and leg on the road! Used up all my drink trying to clean my wounds! Still got to parkrun with time to spare.
    Favorita is a large park with many uneven paths; parkrun consists of three laps of one area. Only 35 runners, although dozens more were running around that area. 10th place has to be my best position-result even though the time was a sad 27:20. 
    Overnight temps are around 12c, with daytime warming up to 16-20c. Nice.
    One daughter and husband left today; now we are seven.
    Today's run was 17'. YTD:633'.

• Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Park run PB, got to be happy with that. 22.23

Ytd: 328.2 + 5 + 3.1 3.1 = 339.4
  • Cal Jones, that is why I avoid trail runs close to the VLM - Wanstead parkrun is only a few miles from my local (Valentines), but I choose Barking parkrun which is two miles further South because it has a really pleasant tarmac route that goes alongside the lake. Paced for 34:30 today as starting over from 4 hour 91 minute (11 minute / mile) marathon pace - did it in 34:25. (did 29:30 last week - a 9 and half minute miles or 4:10 pace).
    Anyway, a 10.19 mile parkrun sandwich makes my
    YTD = 839.39 miles
  • Meant 4 hour 51 minute - not 4 hour 91 lol
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Ha ha Harmander I know, I met you there last year, although I didn't realise who I was chatting to and you certainly didn't know me. :D
  • I thought Sicily would have been about 10 degrees warmer MrM2!

Up at 0500 to beat the heat, 11.32 miles at a 3k jogging track, lots of locals out as well which was great to see.

YTD 596.39 miles

• Congrats on the pb Donnie 
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Ooh so close, Dubai...
    10 miles for me this morning so that puts me over the 600 mark.

YTD: 604
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    MrM2,being on holiday has definitely not stopped you running,also have to tell you it's much warmer back home!

Early runs for you Dubai,to beat the heat.Is it a thriving running scene over there,Dubai?

Congrats on the Parkrun PB,Donnie.

Well done Cal, for going over 600.

Beat my Erdigg parkrun course time yesterday by 23 seconds came in at 20:47. It's mostly trail/cross country and a pig of a hill at the end,so chuffed to bits with that.
    20.04 - 3.1
    21.04 - 9.32
    YTD - 501.88

• Cal, you made me get out again. 4 miles, exactly 9 min mile pace in 40 degrees with no shade

So YTD 600.39 miles 
  • JD1, there are 3 road clubs in Dubai and 1 trail group. 99% expat though I'm not a member of any. Weekends here are Friday/Saturday, all the clubs run Friday morning. I work shifts so doesn't work for me. Triathlon is far more popular, especially Ironman distances. Expats will think nothing of spending ten thousand pounds on a bike and having a nutritionist and personal coach - I can vouch for this as this is one of my friends.

I was in a local area this morning. So more walking than running. The Crown Prince is trying to get the locals to take up exercise, diabetes is a huge problem. My local friends like the gym more with a Russian personal trainer who's an ex model. 

Any more questions let me know.
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    After a week of no running for various reasons, I got out for 4 this morning which felt quite good actually. 

286 YTD 
  • JD1 - well done on getting over half way.
    Cal Jones and Dubai Runner - congrats on joining the 600ers
    AndrewD- 300 before this time next week.
    Sorry if I missed anyone.
    15.33 this morning makes my
    YTD = 854.71 miles
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done, JD, that's a great time!
    Dubai - that's dedication. Yikes. I grumble when it gets to 15 degrees!
    Andrew, glad you made it back out.
    Harmander...you're leaving us all for dust! Hope London goes well for you.
  • A very warm seven miles for me this morning in the sun. Here's my latest few runs to bring my yearly mileage up to date

16/4 - 5.34 miles
    19/4 - 5.89 miles
    21/4 - 7.17 miles

YTD = 97.48

My weekly club run is tomorrow night which should put me over the the 100 mile mark. Happy running guys!
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Happy to get out for a mixed 9' run this morning, including 3' at mar.pace.
    Checked out all the moving parts after Saturday's tumble; everything working. (Now we are 5, at the house)   YTD: 642'. Need to think 'taper'!
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    Thanks,Dubai,type 2 massive burden on the NHS now,shame as it's largely a preventable disease .

MrM2,I read about your tumble yesterday and I thought I would join you.Less than a mile from home this morning,tripped and smashed my head on a rock.
    You'll have the house to yourself at this rate,hope you're enjoying your holiday.
    22.04 - 14.2
    YTD - 516.08
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    So much happening on this thread; sorry that I've largely let it slip by. Now I've got a few minutes (?) before I have to face more of this Mediterranean diet!
    JD1....This temp. is fine for me. Great pb at your Erdigg parkrun! Well done on the 500'; plenty in-hand for the next 8 months....but not if you start hitting your head against the rocks. Hope you recover well.
    Andrew...a week without running...glad you got out this morning.
    Ollie....steady clocking.....100' next run!
    Donnie 2....well done on your parkrun pb!
    Hobie....you love your 'elevations' You should claim some bonus miles (?)
    Dubai...Well done on the 600'. Yes, parkrun is rampant! (You can keep your extra 10 degrees...or is it nearer 20 extra for you?)
    Cal...Welcome to the 600 club!
    Harmander...great pacing as always...You'll soon be closing in on 900'! Have you set a new target for this year?
    Happy running everybody.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Out at 6.06 for 6 miles. Cloudy but warm enough for shorts. I'm hoping it does cool down a bit as my flat gets unpleasantly hot in the summer and I struggle to sleep properly.  (Well, that and I hope it's not roasting for Liverpool marathon).
    MrM2 - my diet is mostly Mediterranean, although I do use coconut oil which I guess it doesn't include. Don't really drink wine, either (I don't often drink). It's not a horrible diet though. I wouldn't be able to hack Atkins - I like my carbs.

YTD: 610
  • You seem to have been on holiday a long time MrM2! No wine Cal? I think I drink your share.

22.4 5.45 miles - wanted more but had to get home for the Aircon guys, they then turned up 3 hrs late!!
    23.4 9.09 miles - hot and humid this morning, reminded me of running in Singapore.

YTD 614.93 miles

• I am on two diets.

See Food - if I see food, I eat it.

Eat what I am given - self explanatory

Both come out in the wash  if you get my drift.

I run off the rest - my LSR' conjures up thoughts that even I was not expecting.

Enough of this Harmander - slap wrist.  :-)
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Dubai - I might have a glass if I am eating with friends, but I don't really love it. Well, unless it's mulled wine, and then I can drink a bucketload. Most alcohol tastes bitter to me (I don't like grapefruit, marmalade or bitter salad leaves either) so unless it's well disguised (in a ridiculous fruity cocktail, for example) I'm not keen. I don't mind sherry and port, though.