Sunday, 21 April 2019 - Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray

Happy Easter Sunday, all :)

Great news, poppy.

Nice parkrun,  RFJ. Sorry the 10k didn't go to plan and relieved to hear the collapsed runner was ok.

Sounds tough, Hazel. Well battled. I bet it wasn't a flat race either. Interesting they have 10 mile races in Switzerland. Not many of those on metric mainland :)

Love the exploding snowman :D

What: something around 10 miles
Why: I like the distance and we have my parents around for brekkie later so can't stay out for too long
Last hard: breathing when everything is full of smoke (as much as I like sitting by a campfire it does nothing for my asthma)
Last rest: 8/4

Yesterday's lyrics were Kanye West and Daft Punk with Stronger

Comments

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning.

I did know yesterday's lyrics.

Well done Hazel and Poppy. Nice racing.

Hope the collapsed runner was ok.

Enjoy your run chicksta. It's forecast to be another lovely day here but the week gradually deteriorates after that. It's not looking as though we'll get this gorgeous weather for London:-(

What:            short and easy
    Why:             taper
    last hard:      not being able to make the most of this lovely weather
    Last rest:      27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning and Happy Easter 

Well done Poppy and Hazel.

Being rather lazy here.....but Easter egg hunt about to get the kids active. Have a good run / day everyone. 

Lyrics....yes....I'm off to see this person in June! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Called it a day after 9 :( gorgeous morning,  5 degrees,  sunshine,  no wind. Unfortunately the latter meant that there's smoke everywhere. Normally I hate wind but can't wait for some now to clear the air.

Still a week to go, LMH. Usually they can't even get tomorrow's forecast right,  nevermind next Sunday's :smile:

Hope the kids enjoy their egg hunt, Daisy
  • Morning and happy Easter from me to.  Well done on the 9 Chicksta, early out today as well. The race yesterday was pretty flat actually, less than 100m of ascent I think.

Weather does currently look a bit dodgy towards the end of the week LMH, but as Chicksta says it could change a lot yet.

Enjoy the hunt with the kids Daisy

Have a good Sunday everyone.

What: rare pre breakfast recovery d&d
    Why: no chance of an outing later and wanted to stretch the legs.
    Last hard: not getting too annoyed with MIL
    Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: familiar
  • I feel your MiL pain Hazel - mine is yet to come today:-) Well done on fitting the run in.

A shame about the smoke staying around chicksta. It's another beautiful morning here - just back from walking Grace and letting it warm up a bit more before I head out for my little run. I would so love to be doing a long one today.

Don't forget to hide a few for you to find later too Daisy:-)

I expect most of the runners would prefer the current forecast for London rather than today's weather - but one thing's for sure - none of us will get to choose and we'll just have to deal with whatever it is on the day.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Just reading yesterday’s thread,  I knew the lyrics straight away! 

AOH - parkrun and cake, lovely, good run too.

LMH, great to get an unexpected fast one in, long may it continue and long may it provide breaks from family responsibilities.

Alehouse, nicely parkrunned.

Chicksta, great time and well done on 3rd lady.

Dustin, great session.

RFJ, Running is weird isn’t it?  What a contrast in the two days.  Good luck in the XC.

Poppy, amazing, well done on age group win, great race.

Hazelnut, again, great running, superb 10 mile time.

I was pleased with a 19:43 parkrun yesterday in Perth, legs feeling strong.

Heading out for a long run soon, maybe about 15 miles, hopefully.

Lyrics, yes again!  Great song.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Wideford hill again this morning this time by car for Salvation Army service on top of the hill

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning!

Thought I had posted earlier, then realised I hadn't.

What: just over half an hour

Why: after helping with local 5k

Go well, RFJ!

Perfect weather for running...yet lots at today's 5k were down on their expected time. Strange game this running lark!

Lyrics: no

Just under 40k for the week, highest since mid Feb, so heading in the right direction over the last couple of weeks.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Managed my 15 miler in just under 123 mins.  Beautiful day, knee was problematic for the last 3 miles but my soul was at one with nature so who cares about a little pain. 
  • And Simnel cake ...
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Yum! Love Simnel cake 😋 
  • I like Simnel cake too - usually make one but didn't this year. Experimental salted caramel cheesecake was a success fortunately.
  • What do you use for a GF Simnel cake? another friend was asking.
  • Gentle 4 miles done just now.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Forgot to post yesterday. Did 2 3 mile hikes .One pretty tough due to Yorkshire stone wall stiles which basically mean a hole in the wall and my bump could only just get through some of them!  Big hill but gorgeous views. Second was flatter and more path-like.
    Today up in to North Pennines for 2 more 3 mile walks.  This time first was easy, along river bed to waterfalls, second trickier across woodlands and fields. Lots of beautiful scenery all round.

Rfj sounds like a busy weekend.  Say hello to my home town for 27 years when you go tomorrow :)

Chick and hazel what nice traditions.

Ale and oh hope the backs are ok.

Mmm cake.

Have a lovely evening all