Monday 22nd April 2019 - Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter

Morning.

Lyrics - Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter

Another nice day forecast for today. I caught the sun a little sat in the garden yesterday - surprising given how much I'm out every day. Tomorrow isn't forecast to be too bad but I'm not looking forward to it getting colder again after that.

OH - just substitute gf flour and some xanthan gum in your usual recipe.

Sounds like a nice day out emzap.

What:            short and easy
Why:             taper
last hard:      sleeping
Last rest:      27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course

What: about an hour

Why: Monday. Unfortunately it will be on my own as M74 is not available.

Go well RFJ! (Had my days mixed up: thought the race was yesterday!)

Hoping to get back to sleep now.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say Friday's lyrics were Jack Johnson and the Horizon has Been Defeated

Race well Rfj

What: maybe a short walk but mostly driving
    Why: have to get home
    Last hard: well I ache all over this morning!
    Lyrics: yes!

Lmh got another couple of days of this hopefully but yes agree, not looking forward to 9 next weekend!

Have a lovely day all
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Have a good race RFJ.

Safe journey Empaz

Enjoy your run Alehouse 

Lovely morning here too and also heading back home. Still on a rest due to not bringing my running gear and now itching to get back out. 

Lyrics...yes ☺ 

• Safe journey's emzap and Daisy.

Just waiting for it to warm up a little before heading out for my run:-)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - well bounced back after the 10k
    Safe trips home to those travelling, hope there are no delays
    Couple of clouds in the sky today, maybe it won't be the 23-24 we've had the past few days.

What - easy run
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - yesterday I guess, 12.5 miles on trail. Legs still not fully recovered from last week's marathon for any kind of distance. Slight calf niggle too - will monitor that.
    lyric - think so, yes

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Morning again!

What: 64 minutes

Why: wanted an hour plus. Got the bus with my shiny new bus pass to near Handforth Dean (OH will know it), and then largely on footpaths back home via a watering stop in Bruntwood Park, which is around half way. Will do this again, hopefully gradually extending the route. Net downhill, which helps! Longest run since Feb 13th.

Watch that calf, Dustin! My Achilles wasn't too happy in patches today: stretching needed.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 8.4 miles beach, seacliffs, road and moorland. Shimmying under 3-wired electric fence at one point. All in glorious sun.
    Why: why not
    Last hard: not getting any faster
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: yes

I like that sort of route AH!  :)
  • Great to see you being able to extend your runs Alehouse.

That sounds like a lovely morning OH.

Not as warm as yesterday here, sun not as bright and a bit of a cool breeze:-(
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Roasting in the Easter sunshine here.

Over did it yesterday and badly tweaked my knee.  Lesson learned on that front.  

Had a lovely gentle plod of 3.4 miles today with my knee strap on.  Was fine, will need to be like this all week I suspect.

I will run every day in April.  I will run every day in April.  Repeat etc.   ;)

Lyrics, yes. 

Back to work tomorrow,first day of work in April.  
  • Not if it's going to break you longer term Donaldo!

Slight dilemma here - do I go and do my gym programme tomorrow or not do it this week? My instinct is to not let myself off, Mark says he wouldn't do it if he were me.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't, LMH! I would be doing very little of anything, I hope! Do you have someone to get your number for you so you avoid the expo?

Lots of gardening followed by cooking (turning the left over lamb into a moussaka.or two). Back now aches rather badly: unusually will take an ibruprofen.

Take care Don!

• Thanks Alehouse. Yes, friend collecting number as usual (all being well). Hope the ibuprofen eases your back.
  • Moussaka here too ( not by my hands)
    Warm Monday evening 5k loop
    Back now steadily improving. :smiley:
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Evening all,

Yeap Fridays race was a bad day at the office and not me, as confirmed today as a solid race ensued beating last years time and seeting a course PB for me.... last year was 37:43 and was hoping to hit about 38:45 today, however, conditions were good and I felt good and had a very solid consistant race which was undulating throughout and a mix of grass trails and hard packed paths with a tiny bit of concrete at the start and finish.... Splits 734, 7:26, 7:22, 7:30, and 7:20. to finish in 37:12... big bonus. Pic is of me coming to the end up the hill.... hence the hurt face.... very happy today, then went to watch my close hometown team Wycombe Wanders for a vital 1-0 win. good day.

• Another late check-in...

Great parkrun time Donaldo and well done on getting the 15 miler done but do be careful with the knee.

April sun is strong already LMH - got burnt on Saturday myself.  Good you can avoid the expo.

Hmm - more cake!  Looks delicious OH.  And a nice mixed run today by the sounds of it.  Good news on the back.

Good news on the mileage and increasing running time Ale.  I like doing out on public transport and back on foot.  

Nice hiking emzap.   Hope the travelling went well.

Ditto to Daisy, rest from running will have done you good post mara.

Hope that is just a minor calf niggle Dustin.

Great race result RFJ and a nice pic too.

What: a few evening miles d&d post travelling home from PIL (1.5 hours so not too bad a journey)
    Why: enjoying the peace and quiet after an afternoon with 3 lively nephews
    Last hard: realizing that my legs were far too fresh for 2 days post race - definitely didn't run it hard enough - bloody heat!
    Last rest: Good Friday

Lyrics: no