Thursday, 25 April 2019 - On the floors of Tokyo

Morning :)

Lyrics today:
On the floors of Tokyo
Down in London town's a go go

Picked them because of the second line in light of Sunday's big event.

What: a few short miles
What: I'm a bit late
Last hard: sleeping
Last rest: Monday

Yesterday's lyrics were also for Sunday: Countdown, Beyoncé

Comments

• Morning.

Glad to hear you are well on the mend OH.

Sleep not good here either chicksta but possibly a bit better than it has been.

Yesterday's forecast rain never really arrived, a brief shower when I posted but it soon petered out, we are forecast to get it today though - could be a wet run. I need to stay off my feet a bit, walked over eight miles yesterday and it's rare I walk less than six which isn't great when tapering - no dancing for me today! On the plus side I can fill some time eating instead though I feel my carb loading is a lot less scientific than many and mostly involves eating less fruit and veg more bread and cake! May do some more baking too............

What:          very short run/B12 jab/sports massage
    Why:           taper/tired/legs could do with freshening up
    Last hard:   not running much in the good weather
    Last rest:    27/1

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Sorry Ale I missed your dog lead post. They are a runner's nightmare, but most of you know my thoughts about some dog owners...
    LmH - keep it light, and the massage will surely help
    Forecast set to be ideal for Sunday. Quite a few I know are running and or supporting. I'll be on my sofa tracking everyone!

What - easy run, U11 coaching
    Why - legs still tired / routine
    last rest - 12 days
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - think so

Couldn't get out yesterday lunchtime so did a brisk 4 over the fields before coaching the village lot which was another 2 or 3 easy.

• Morning

Wabo: What a time you are having at the mo with family hugs x

Ale: I am so with you on extended dog leads you can not see them as they are black! along with  some dog owners who are not considerate at all! The bane of a runner's life.

LMH: Less walking not long to go!

No run today tum not happy  ah well  such is life.
    I could do  with more sleep as i  got up early to run!
    Mind you jolly cold today and heavy rain!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    thanks again, let's hope they are nicer to my mum today!
    Dustin the field run sounds nice, enjoy today coaching!
    Alehouse oh I hate those leads, they scare me!! 
    chick I feel I should know your lyrics, enjoy your short miles
    LMH busy busy busy, some nice bits.  Enjoy the baking! The weather seems to be shaping ok for London
    Hazel, I read HP before my daughter lol! Not sure h ow I came to read the first but I always loved those sort of books as a kid - Lion Witch and Wardrobe for example, so I gave it a go and got hooked. 
    OH sorry to hear about your back issues, it is rotten, my mum is really struggling and seeing a physio every week.  Glad to hear yours is easing!

What 3 miles d& d this morning at work
    why: change of scenery!
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good to hear your back is getting there OH.

Have a nice long weekend in Birmingham RFJ.

Wish I could get up to post at before 6am and say I'm late Chicksta.

Enjoy the sofa tracking Dustin.

Hope the jab and sports massage provide distractions LMH.  Both sound a bit painful though.   Baking is more fun (as long as any cakes don't do the collapse in the middle bit..)

Good luck to your mum Wabo.  I read my way through Enid Blyton, Heidi and things like that as a kid.  Not sure that I read Lion, Witch and Wardrobe.  I've been reading some of the books I missed recently, could give that a go.

Get well to your tum soon WP.  Doesn't seem you are missing much weatherwise by not running today.

We had an impressive thunderstorm yesterday evening - not so much the rain but the wind!  I had to cycle to the station (2 and a bit miles) during the worst of it and found it difficult to go in a straight line due to the gusts, also had to peddle quite hard although it was all downhill.  Temperature fell about 10 degrees within half an hour.  (Back up to 20+ for today though).

What: short recovery
    Why: hill race tomorrow
    Last hard: cycling
    Last rest: Good Friday

Lyrics: no.
  • I hope the clinic can help your mum today Wabo.

Nice temperatures you're having Hazel though I wouldn't fancy that wind. Baking carb loading cookies today so no danger of collapse I hope.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    my mum had a migraine, they were very nice and made sure she didn't wait too long! Think my brother had a go. So phew it was a migraine although not nice
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good news Wabo.
  • Pool 1k then 5k easy run
    Weather dreich initially but brightened up now
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Weather somewhat variable here, including sunshine, heavy rain, hail, thunder, lightning.  

What: short run plus long fitness suite shortly

Why: Achilles not too happy so will keep the run short for a day or two.

Better mum news, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We've had the same weather today Alehouse.
  • Good news Wabo - must be a relief to all.  
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Wabo....that's good news ☺